White Rhino - Coco - Mars II LED - Modified Lucas

theres a website ModularHydro.com, he sells them on his site, and has tons of videos of how they work and best ways to use them. I bought my bubble buckets from his site, the black widow buckets, his products actually work very well, even though some of his ideas seem like hes trying to reinvent the wheel, they work better than expected. I have the buckets and his RO system for my gardens water. Im not affiliated with the company, jus saw the post about grow stones and remembered he had them on his site with all sorts of videos to go with them that could answer any questions you may have.

theres a website ModularHydro.com, he sells them on his site, and has tons of videos of how they work and best ways to use them. I bought my bubble buckets from his site, the black widow buckets, his products actually work very well, even though some of his ideas seem like hes trying to reinvent the wheel, they work better than expected. I have the buckets and his RO system for my gardens water. Im not affiliated with the company, jus saw the post about grow stones and remembered he had them on his site with all sorts of videos to go with them that could answer any questions you may have.

im going right to this site.

I like to "borrow" other peoples ideas.

Yeah like I said I got his 4 bucket black widow bucket system, and his 3 stage compact RO system, the buckets were 129 and the RO system was 89, he makes all his stuff here locally, well atleast for me, hes located in las vegas, but only has an online store, no store that you can walk into and buy his merchandise. But he has those grow stones that he raves about, and has those videos, plus tons of other ones for a bunch of DIY stuff, like cloners, and soil hydro hybrid bucket systems. all sorts of things!

I'm interested in what reservoir medium you use in the future. I would think hydroton would allow for the res to hold a lot of water, but then again I figured lava rocks would too... I'm using the traditional Hempy mix for the entire bucket (25% vermiculite/75% perlite) and with a hole 2" from the bottom, the whole bucket holds about a gallon of water. I'm not sure how much coco holds vs the Hempy mix, but I would assume more?

I almost mixed in some hydroton into the mixture as I was running low on perlite, and I'm sure it would have been just fine! Just curious - is there a particular reason you're using coco above the res, instead of one medium? I've seen a lot of people do it that way, but I never understood why. I figured by using one medium, it would make it easier to reuse, if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm interested in what reservoir medium you use in the future. I would think hydroton would allow for the res to hold a lot of water, but then again I figured lava rocks would too... I'm using the traditional Hempy mix for the entire bucket (25% vermiculite/75% perlite) and with a hole 2" from the bottom, the whole bucket holds about a gallon of water. I'm not sure how much coco holds vs the Hempy mix, but I would assume more?

I almost mixed in some hydroton into the mixture as I was running low on perlite, and I'm sure it would have been just fine! Just curious - is there a particular reason you're using coco above the res, instead of one medium? I've seen a lot of people do it that way, but I never understood why. I figured by using one medium, it would make it easier to reuse, if you're into that kind of thing.

after looking into growstones, I have decided that hydroton will be my next medium for the res. I believe hydroton will do the exact same thing for about half the costs. shipping seems to be the real deal breaker here.
I originally wanted to use chunk perlite, but again cost didnt add up to me. I drove to my local home depot and saw the lava rock. it was dirt cheap and I had seen it mentioned by hempy himself. so I bought it. what a friggin mess! dust all over had to wash it by hand, it weighs a friggin ton. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE! hydroton is lighter, cleaner and would hold more water.

this is why I don't use perlite and coco for the whole res:
the idea is to create a water table, just like in nature. a tree will send a tap root straight down to fresh water and the tree explodes with growth. as the water is depleted it allows the roots to get LOTS of oxygen, exactly what it needs! my rhino is growing huge and I know it is because of good genetics and the hempy bucket style of growing. I grew pineapple chunk for a year using dwc recirculating top feeder and coco / perlite with no hempy bucket. none of those plants hold a candle to this beast. not even close.

Yeah like I said I got his 4 bucket black widow bucket system, and his 3 stage compact RO system, the buckets were 129 and the RO system was 89, he makes all his stuff here locally, well atleast for me, hes located in las vegas, but only has an online store, no store that you can walk into and buy his merchandise. But he has those grow stones that he raves about, and has those videos, plus tons of other ones for a bunch of DIY stuff, like cloners, and soil hydro hybrid bucket systems. all sorts of things!
hi ya matt,

yeah I just got done reading and subbing to your grow. looking good mate!

this is why I don't use perlite and coco for the whole res:

Sorry mussh, I didn't make that clear! I understand the need for the reservoir medium to be different when using coco, as I don't believe coco would be suitable. I'm just curious as to what benefits come from using coco for the root zone (above the reservoir), instead of having the entire bucket (root zone and res) filled with perlite (and/or possibly other material)? Is there some reason that you prefer coco over perlite or another Hempy mix?

Hopefully I made it clear this time..

Sorry mussh, I didn't make that clear! I understand the need for the reservoir medium to be different when using coco, as I don't believe coco would be suitable. I'm just curious as to what benefits come from using coco for the root zone (above the reservoir), instead of having the entire bucket (root zone and res) filled with perlite (and/or possibly other material)? Is there some reason that you prefer coco over perlite or another Hempy mix?

Hopefully I made it clear this time..

perfectly clear!

I used to do dwc. I wasn't very good at it. a friend suggested I try coco because, I had paid a fortune for expensive nutes. I bought a shit ton of coco and perlite. I had so much coco that I gave another friend a garbage bag full of extra. so basically I use coco / perlite because I have it. I have grown very fond of coco. I like its neutrality and love the way it holds moisture. plus its reusable. I have not tried any other medium since im purely indoors.

I have read that people are having better results using a coco / perlite combo than using just about any other combo. my results are amazing.

but once again.......... don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Thanks for the updation, Mussh. Plants look great with your care. The memory is truly sweet, reminding me of my childhood. :cheesygrinsmiley:

back when life was a lot easier :thumb:

Day 56 from seed Day 21 of flower

37 inches tall (!!!!)
???? inches wide

ill let the pictures do the talking.

31_-_Copy1.jpg

30_-_Copy1.jpg

32_-_Copy1.jpg

go go gadget resin!

cheers guys and gals!

33_-_Copy1.jpg

just got done wrapping her bottom branches with string and GENTLY pulling it taunt. it has brought them in tighter to the center of the plant and more in the light.

They're looking great mussh, and that's quite the stretch! I'm excited to see her fill with A LOT more flowers!

Also that makes sense about your abundance of coco. It's on my list of things I want to try; I'll get around to it eventually..

/crosses fingers........ stay on target!
yeah hopefully I don't do something and mess up the flowers. every week I go to the youtube and watch the strain hunters review of the white rhino. I like to compare mine to where theirs was. so far mine has out stretched theirs. flowers seem about the same at this point. they got massive yield after 63 days. so far mine "look" like theirs.

ok ill admit it, im addicted to coco.

that is all.......... for now........

Saturday update

The Clone Wars
Day 14 of flower

both clones are 20 inches tall.
they have stretched three times their size in two weeks.
once again camera phone not able to focus on the plants through the method7 glasses.

36_-_Copy1.jpg

35_-_Copy1.jpg

hope everyone is well.

check out big mommas main cola. it is as tall as that hi brix molasses, im hoping it gets as big around.

37_-_Copy.jpg

strange how the camera phone can focus under the marsII with the method7 glasses, but not under the kessil.

Back
Top Bottom