Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

How many viable seeds did you get?

I only pollinated a very small branch. I ended up with 30+ S1 Chemdawg seeds from the two small buds I hand pollinated. I also pollinated a Sour Angel plant and a Royal Gorilla plant which produced a small amount of seeds. I've not tried to germinate any of these yet so I guess I just have to hope they're viable.

Great! Now ya'll have me wondering. I'll need to germinate one of each I guess to make sure they're working or not. :cool:

NL is never a nighttime smoke for me. I love how potent and pyschedelic it is. It doesn’t put me to sleep. Well, after 3-4 hours, maybe. But of course not everyone is the same.

I bet you are absolutely right about the different phenos, and the different effects. I imagine that harvest timing will have a big impact on effect as well. Are you harvesting with mostly clear and cloudy to get the more racy, psychedelic high? Like almost everything in the cannabis world, there is some debate, but I think that NL is pretty close to a pure indica, and some call it a landrace strain. Depends on the breeder of course. I hear really good things about the Sensi NL that you are growing, but that is not the breeder of mine.

Here's a description from another site that I have in my notes, and what I am hoping for:

Northern Lights’ psychoactive effects settle in firmly throughout the body, relaxing muscles and pacifying the mind in dreamy euphoria. Comfortable laziness allows patients to relieve pain and sleeplessness, while its mellow contentment roots out depression and stress. Medical attributes: stress, pain, insomnia.

As I said, I haven't tried the strain before, and I'll be looking for about 25% amber come harvest time, with the goal of sleepy-time meds. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I bet you are absolutely right about the different phenos, and the different effects. I imagine that harvest timing will have a big impact on effect as well. Are you harvesting with mostly clear and cloudy to get the more racy, psychedelic high? Like almost everything in the cannabis world, there is some debate, but I think that NL is pretty close to a pure indica, and some call it a landrace strain. Depends on the breeder of course. I hear really good things about the Sensi NL that you are growing, but that is not the breeder of mine.

Here's a description from another site that I have in my notes, and what I am hoping for:

Northern Lights’ psychoactive effects settle in firmly throughout the body, relaxing muscles and pacifying the mind in dreamy euphoria. Comfortable laziness allows patients to relieve pain and sleeplessness, while its mellow contentment roots out depression and stress. Medical attributes: stress, pain, insomnia.

As I said, I haven't tried the strain before, and I'll be looking for about 25% amber come harvest time, with the goal of sleepy-time meds. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

I don’t check trichomes when harvesting. I run the NL for 60 (+/- 2) days. That’s kind of a long run for a pure indica but yeah it’s such and old and stable cultivar it can be called a landrace cultivar for sure.

But i agree with that description that it carries a very beautiful psychoactive quality. But i haven’t really experienced a narcotic effect which glues me down to my chair or makes me sleepy all that much. So if you really want a good time sleep i can suggest Peyote Cookies from the barneys. There is a Peyote Purple (one of its parents) leaning pheno which just knocks me down and provides incredible relaxation. My muscles immediately and completely relaxes. Real good nighttime smoke. I definitely recommend that. NL is just too precious to waste on sleeping for me. Hahah.

Also Sensis NL is just amazing. I seriosuly recommend that. It’s ‘the’ NL. Haha.

I don’t check trichomes when harvesting. I run the NL for 60 (+/- 2) days. That’s kind of a long run for a pure indica but yeah it’s such and old and stable cultivar it can be called a landrace cultivar for sure.

But i agree with that description that it carries a very beautiful psychoactive quality. But i haven’t really experienced a narcotic effect which glues me down to my chair or makes me sleepy all that much. So if you really want a good time sleep i can suggest Peyote Cookies from the barneys. There is a Peyote Purple (one of its parents) leaning pheno which just knocks me down and provides incredible relaxation. My muscles immediately and completely relaxes. Real good nighttime smoke. I definitely recommend that. NL is just too precious to waste on sleeping for me. Hahah.

Cool! I have a Peyote Critical Fem from Barney's in storage. It was a freebie from an order I placed a couple of months ago from @George from The Vault. I hadn't paid much attention to it yet, but I will now that you have flagged it. Will also keep an eye out for their Peyote Cookies. Thanks for the tip!

Great! Now ya'll have me wondering. I'll need to germinate one of each I guess to make sure they're working or not. :cool:
Hey you know, if you don’t wanna go through that hassle you could send some my way and I’ll take care of it for you :laugh:

Cool! I have a Peyote Critical Fem from Barney's in storage. It was a freebie from an order I placed a couple of months ago from @George from The Vault. I hadn't paid much attention to it yet, but I will now that you have flagged it. Will also keep an eye out for their Peyote Cookies. Thanks for the tip!

Definitely keep an eye out for Peyote Purple leaning phenos. They will knock you down immediately i’m sure. Those Peyote Purple leaning phenos look something like this.

51526FC3-E154-4CB5-B798-1F8721CDBF5C.jpeg

Very sexy plant. And this is gonna be my photo contest entry. Hahah.

Been away from this thread a while. My 3 week old Chemdawg seedling is going slowly because of a mistake I made putting it into the wrong rockwool cube during transplant.

Top heavy and the stem is a little weak, so I had to put a shoe at the base because it was starting to tilt. Before final transplant, this is almost what the roots looked like and it took 10ish days to break through the extra rockwool.

(BTW) I RUN A 4X2 CLOSET GROW Bubbleponic room! Room for 2 or 3 photos. Currently occupied with one (Quebec Gold) photo beginning of flower stage. One (freebie) Auto Crush in mid flower (24 inch little round beach ball). And of course, this 10 day old Chemdawg below.

I hope it looks average because if this one looks stunted I'm tempted to germ my last dawg seed. And then the better of the two can become a mother clone. The other into the ceramic stash urn.

NOTE: 8 22 is the date of it's initial planting after germination.

Roots are finally starting to explode In the past few days.

I just wonder if it looks stunted for its age???

Ps.. I too want to keep a small corner open for an autoflowering like the one below. This closet has never looked or smelled so good!!!

IMG_20190916_141022.jpg
IMG_20190916_141006.jpg
IMG_20190916_145134.jpg
IMG_20190916_145105.jpg
IMG_20190916_145802.jpg
IMG_20190916_145436.jpg

Been away from this thread a while. My 3 week old Chemdawg seedling is going slowly because of a mistake I made putting it into the wrong rockwool cube during transplant.

Top heavy and the stem is a little weak, so I had to put a shoe at the base because it was starting to tilt. Before final transplant, this is almost what the roots looked like and it took 10ish days to break through the extra rockwool.

(BTW) I RUN A 4X2 CLOSET GROW Bubbleponic room! Room for 2 or 3 photos. Currently occupied with one (Quebec Gold) photo beginning of flower stage. One (freebie) Auto Crush in mid flower (24 inch little round beach ball). And of course, this 10 day old Chemdawg below.

I hope it looks average because if this one looks stunted I'm tempted to germ my last dawg seed. And then the better of the two can become a mother clone. The other into the ceramic stash urn.

NOTE: 8 22 is the date of it's initial planting after germination.

Roots are finally starting to explode In the past few days.

I just wonder if it looks stunted for its age???

Ps.. I too want to keep a small corner open for an autoflowering like the one below. This closet has never looked or smelled so good!!!

IMG_20190916_141022.jpg
IMG_20190916_141006.jpg
IMG_20190916_145134.jpg
IMG_20190916_145105.jpg
IMG_20190916_145802.jpg
IMG_20190916_145436.jpg

Is it Chemdawg or Chemdog? :p

Is there a difference?

The naming of these Chem strains is one of Penny's hot buttons. It was Chemdog until a breeder decided to get cute separating themself from the rest. Now it seems they're interchangeable.

Pennywise told me a month earlier that the #4 is (maybe not word for word) one of the original "sisters?"? His response assured me that it's a really good strain. Dont recall if it's hip hop Dawg OR a junkyard Dog.

If someone could look over my 3 week old chem is the proper plant size and root growth. I have a history of mishandling seedlings and stunting the plant.
IMG_20190916_141022.jpg
IMG_20190916_141006.jpg

Pennywise told me a month earlier that the #4 is (maybe not word for word) one of the original "sisters?"? His response assured me that it's a really good strain. Dont recall if it's hip hop Dawg OR a junkyard Dog.

If someone could look over my 3 week old chem is the proper plant size and root growth. I have a history of mishandling seedlings and stunting the plant.
IMG_20190916_141022.jpg
IMG_20190916_141006.jpg

I'd say they are doing quite well. At two weeks from the drop, mine are developing their third set of true leaves. I'm not going to lift them out of the pot, as they're growing in coco/perlite, drain-to-waste.

Thats the primary relief with Bubbleponic gives me the ability to inspect the root mass at will, by simply raising up the basket. This happens at a minimum of every weekly water change's.

My third set of leaves are just popping up so as I suspected, mine probably IS running about a week behind normal.

Plus at harvest time it only involves emptying a bucket of water.

IMG_20190916_141006.jpg

This is what I meant by the third set of leaves developing:

full

Third Set of Leaves Forming on a Seedling

Don't forget that they all grow at their own pace. That pace is determined by genetics and growing conditions. I still say yours are on track. :)

Back
Top Bottom