Wood and Tunes Northern Lights Special Soil/Passive Hydro Grow

Thx I know its hard to keep up with a journal in progress allready. I myself cant go back thru 50 pages all the time. There is alot of sweet ongoing tho you can jump in anytime. Once more thx for peeking in.

Time will tell. I've always wanted to try hydro, guess I have tho I have a econogrower going in my flower room with a 'Church' growing in it. I never had much faith in names when it comes to herbs. I know there are 3 kinds; Bad, Good, And THE KIND!!! But any kind with proper care, light, food,and timing can produce a hella weed. Thx for the peeks and the support.

But any kind with proper care, light, food,and timing can produce a hella weed. Thx for the peeks and the support.

Hi norcaliwood, you got that spot on, but genetics will work their way in to that formula too. I saw Skynard. they were a back-up to the Who. Original members of the band. I had never heard of them before. What a show, what a moment. Rock on! :peace:

OK all update....I killed 3 seeds already ... they had only cracked and i stuck them in rockwool...which i am not that used to....and small tap must have just been in air pocket cause no growth on 4 and 3 were obviously discolored/dead tip on tap....so tried adding peat moss as you can see from my day one photo...but 3 were just never meant to be ....just transfered 2 remaining seeds one with good tap root and one with questionable tap in pots of perlite and pet moss....the one with longer tap root i left top sticking out...without seed shell...so hoping these two will recover...and if they do we will need to go by time to compair growth of these babies...cause i am back to day Zero

Even my blueberry seed is growing dirt slow...god it is just getting it's second set of leaves......So won't be using rockwool any more it just isn't for me. Going with root riot tks Wood for tip :)

Dirt slow? JK. Dude hope they do show their stuff or we'll just have to have a do over in the near future. Cross your fingers. I use to have problems getting seed started in rockwool. I started using stuff called root riot. Resembles as I seen someone say a chocoate Brownie. But I still enlarge the hole and wait till the tap root is showing like 1/4 ". GL with those 2 dude. Laters

OK figured out why everything stopped growing in veg room....too cold...had to add plastic and heat to veg area and brought temps up to 70 all the time...and finally all is starting to grow again....not the white KC...damage was done and not one seed has grown.
I started 3 seeds other day all had nice tap roots and one is above ground...so temps in veg are better only raise temps 5 degrees but it seems to have big difference in growth....really didn't think temps at 65 would make difference...but now I learned it does...nothing under 70 seems to grow anything for me. Also have dome to keep seeds in to keep warm and heating pad till they get couple sets of leaves :)
But all is not lost....Wood still got a couple White KC's going :popcorn: .... And we will add a new strain to do this journal with...and when we do will ask moderater to change name of journal for us to new strain we will be both growing :smokin:
So stay tuned in you won't want to miss a thing :smokin:

Sorry your seeds took a dive, happens. Hope we have better luck with the next trip. Heres what the white looks like anyways.
KC-White.JPG

:goodjob: brother grower....oh I will do better this time...veg room problem been solved....once i got base nukes and nothing changed...i knew to look for something else...then i got to thinking....my male was the perfect kelly green color and had super fast growth....and was kept in bottom chamber in veg room...with plastic in front of chamber it got warm in there....had put thermometer in there before i had problems to see if it was getting too hot...but was only 75 in there at all times so then it hit me :idea: maybe my issue was lack of heat...but it only got down to maybe 63 averaged around 65....so how could that be it....well i put plastic in front to upper veg area and ran a flexible heat duct 4 " in area and brought temps up 5 degrees and everything started growing ....including a test bagseed....maybe it wasn't rockwool as much as heat... cause one that popped i took off heating pad but left humidity dome and it died. so i just learned that raising my temps in veg room solved a few week problem of no growth at all in room...i even pulled up two clones that were doing nothing and ugly

OK Here we go again....my veg room temp is perfect...so this time we will be trying Northern Lights Special .....I set seeds in paper towel on heating pad and covered tonight....:surf:

KC Brains Northern Lights Special is an updated version of the Northern Lights!
Northern Lights cannabis seeds have been a favourite amongst marijuana fans for years for her easy growing characteristics and great narcotic values. She became one of the best for personal and commercial grows. Nearly all promising modern indoor cannabis strains contain NL genes. High flower to leaf ratio, compact buds, good yields and exceptional resin production are a few of the characteristics displayed by this wonderful plant.
Nothing seemed to be improved. Yet! Northern Lights Special seed from the KC Brains came up as a long awaited surprise. Its cannabis breeders created an ideal strain for indoor growing. However, having all of the above described abilities, she became highly adapted to outdoor growing, fantastic for gardens where smell is an unfavourable factor. Mostly indica, NL Special delivers the finest qualities expected from that variety - a short plant with a voracious stone effect and minimal smell. Yet, this lady remains the strongest marijuana variety in the world (THC content is said between 18 and 20%) with a nice sweet taste.

The flowering time is acceptable, just 8-11 weeks, and large flowers turning into chunky nuggets in just 45 days can be expected after a short maturing period. Harvesting when grown outdoors is September-October. Our regular customers describe NL as a great yielder - 350 gr. per indoor plant and up to 750 gr. of dried product per when grown outside. This strain is very uniform and performs well in both soil and hydro. When grown outside, she can reach gigantic size of as high as 2.5 m while indoor variety keep petite and won't grow taller than 120 cm.
The plant is perfect for cloning. Some cannabis growers top the plants to bush them up and get more cuts for cloning. A free tip - take cuts 20 minutes after fresh watering and you’ll be nicely surprised with the result.
NL Special is a perfect choice for those who desire a heavy, lethargic stoned effect. The smoke is full bodied yet somewhat neutral in flavour. The taste is pungent with a sweet after taste. As a typical indica the effect is strong, producing a high level of relaxation for the body and the mind.
We would definitely recommend Northern Lights Special seeds for new growers as it is very forgiving during the vegetative stage and tolerates high temperatures.

Well I'll put my 2 cents worth in. I'll be growing the same seed stock but I'll stick with my dirt. I have afew seeds on a plate paper towl and plastic wrap, sitting ontop my TV for the germination period. From there they go to my seedling room. It's lite with the same lite as I said earler. 200 watt CFL. I'm using black gold soil amended with the standard amendments perlite, blood and bone meal. They be under lite 24/7 for the first few weeks of their life. I'll post things as they devolpe

Hi Guys, KC's NLS was a keeper for me for over a year. pollenated the mother plant with an Exile male. Will be trying the offspring soon. :peace:

:thanks: SS glad to have you tuned in brother grower :passitleft:

Awesome cocojoe .....that must mean it was a great strain :rollit: If ya kept it...glad to hear from someone that grew this strain...If ya have any info...or advise on strain please share ...and glad to have you tuned in brother grower :passitleft:

OK here is the 4 seeds i have going....couple have cracked but no tap root yet...maybe tommorow ....back on heating pad they go :) adding another layer of paper towel under seeds too
IMG_10155.JPG

only thing that changed about my grow set up is added 600 watt MH to veg room...other things are same nukes and all....so here we GROW :surf:

:amen:Well Bro I just peeked at mine be 2-3 more hours before I settem in soil. Hope morning time in your home shows same. Me and Miss J been having a LONG FUN NITE!!! :popcorn: Let the show begin, we been watching it all nite allready JK
2_more_hours.JPG

Hi guys, I got 5 ladies out of 10 seeds. The plants all looked the same, but veried in potency. One had a body tingle going on. She was the keeper.
I luv KC's gear, nice priceand good genetics. He is known for huge plants when their grown outdoors. I could also reccomend his Mango and Brain's Damage. I'll be here to watch. Much Luck. :popcorn: :peace:

Well not sure if these seeds will make it all....guess this wasn't meant to be LOL
My heating pad is messed up....been monitoring it last 24 hours and it is all over the place....think i may have cooked the seeds...who knows maybe first attempt i did same and tail stuck out and died on first ones....not sure but judging from 30 minutes checks for last 16 hours the temps went from 70 - 100 and everywhere in between....this is regular heating pad and few years old...so think i need to throw it out and get one made for this.....sorry all this is like a let down to you all as well as brother wood and myself....but after 3 days and me monitoring heating pad....(newsisnoise asked me how warm it was in other journal)and learning the range it was....can't help but conclude i killed them by frying them ....they are still there and am waiting but it don't look good folks....We still get to watch Wood grow :grinjoint:....Wont need this journal for that :smokin: will give it a couple days and if nothing goes will ask to move this to fried journal cause of Tunes section LOL :peace:

Well not sure if these seeds will make it all....guess this wasn't meant to be LOL
My heating pad is messed up....been monitoring it last 24 hours and it is all over the place....think i may have cooked the seeds...who knows maybe first attempt i did same and tail stuck out and died on first ones....not sure but judging from 30 minutes checks for last 16 hours the temps went from 70 - 100 and everywhere in between....this is regular heating pad and few years old...so think i need to throw it out and get one made for this.....sorry all this is like a let down to you all as well as brother wood and myself....but after 3 days and me monitoring heating pad....(newsisnoise asked me how warm it was in other journal)and learning the range it was....can't help but conclude i killed them by frying them ....they are still there and am waiting but it don't look good folks....We still get to watch Wood grow :grinjoint:....Wont need this journal for that :smokin: will give it a couple days and if nothing goes will ask to move this to fried journal cause of Tunes section LOL :peace:

This is what my outdoor buddy does:

1.)soak a bunch of seeds in water till they sink
2.)Plant them an inch deep in a red plastic cup, using a good soil mix for seedlings.
3.)Put 'em under the lights. (or outside)
4.)Keep the strong ones.

You could always just plant them in a RootRiot cube, or a cup of good soil and be done with it......

My buddy hates the paper towell method, because he says roots should not see light, neither should they be handled.

I'm gonna start my seeds the way I mention above.....I'll let the lights give them the right temps, and I'll put a piece or plastic wrap over the cup for humidity.

Back
Top Bottom