Tunes Blue Berry / California Special

damn those are some nice colas bro, good haul too. I need to get on some good genetics.. I cleared 4oz with one plant, but considering yours are comparable size, i have some improvements to make.

:thanks: TheCriMsonK20 ...yes genetics are super important....I never had such good luck till i got good genetics.....not multiple oz's per plant most were oz or under some bag seed came in at a couple 3 oz's per plant but nothing this consistent....far as BB strain goes.... Cali i wont grow for awhile got clone and seeds will try some new stuff i got from a friend first and always have BB going...but will make room for some new strains....and start new journal after the next 6 BB plants we got going to come down at different times....
Cali when it was young...one of the 3 here is plant i just took down
IMG_23723.JPG

This is one main cola from Cali Special out of 8 (one on left)
IMG_32981.JPG

And here it the other 7 mains.....8 weeks 12/12
IMG_33261.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

IMG_33271.JPG

IMG_3324.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

IMG_3316.JPG

IMG_3315.JPG

IMG_33151.JPG

IMG_3325.JPG

IMG_33221.JPG

IMG_3318.JPG

IMG_3321.JPG

IMG_32611.JPG

I don't even know what to say man.....:bravo:isn't enough, :welldone:doesn't even come close....you have found the heart of the mystery, you have found the path of true mastery. Now you must set new goals...I know one of mine would be to grow a basketball sized bud...:ganjamon:, You already have done a good job on baseball with those bats.

:yahoo:BOOM the cola's exploded.

:peace: brother. +rep

All that can be said is sweet!!!!!!!!!! Hope the smoke is as good as the buds look. Hope my Cali Special grows up like those did. Tunes way to go!!!!! Even deserves a smiley and you know me. :thumb:

:thanks: hogs :passitleft:
:thanks: Wood bro ...I got a smilie I did so good :yahoo:...both cali specials i grew were very different in growth and resin production and taste.....smaller one i grew was covered in trics and had super taste....this taller one had lots....but still less resin than last and taste is not as sweet. The smoke is very nice...real good high too....no amber trics so good head high :bong: People i have smoked with are not used to the strength of this compared to the commercial we get around here. All have taken way too big a hit and coughed first hit out :rofl:

Just a question on lights and Plants.. Wonder what is the sq.footage of the area and how many lights etc?

I think you said you had 30 Plants and just 2 Hid lights hps and a mh both 600 watters? Plus maybe a couple of low watage cfls...

MAn thats just harvest... plus reps to ya if i can..:bravo:

Aloha OMM ...:thanks:...yes very high compliment from wood...I must be doing something right :cheer:

:welcome: hogs ....Ok heres the compressed version of this grow

LIGHTS 2 - 600 watt lights..... 2-hps bulbs 95,000 lums each 1 MH bulb 72,000 lums One shop light 4 foot 2- 5300 k bulbs and maybe 10- 26-40 watt cfl's

MEDIUM started off being passive hydro in beginning of grow and soon was switched over to all Pro mix BX with Corsica

AREA in the beginning i had one big open area for flower and veg 10 x 5 ....then i had a dark room 6 x 6 ......I ran one MH and one HPS I had 30 + plants...half were tied me over bag seed while i waited for good strains to veg...some 3 + months....under hps light i had 6-10 plants (small) flowering.....those girls had 12 hours under HPS then 12 hours in dark room...HPS light was then used on veg plants cause bulb has some blue in it so worked great for vegging...i could spread out veg plants when other went to bed...and it made them grow fast...too fast .....so what i did was run two shifts of flowering put both hps in and put 4 or 5 plants under light for 12 then in dark room for 12....then girls that were sleeping came out for 12....was great.....banged out some great buds :smokin:....after i got plants down to a reasonable number....i redid room and made 5 x 8 area for flower chamber with two 600 watt lights (hps) in there all the time and veg area became separate 5 x 8 area with shop light and 10 cfl's.....which is not enough so i bought a 150 watt hps that i have been using to help veg out with light...and when girls are awake i take most out of veg and put them in front of flower area to get light as well.....i need to get more light in there but just don't have the funds or addition circuit to run another 600 watt...but anyway....I have flower chamber down to 6 Blue Berries ......and 3 waiting to be flowered...still only a couple feet high yet....then i got clones starting (BB) and two new strains i got from a friend Woods White and KC White...but thats another journal i need to start....About long veg IMO....I got great numbers..... Over a pound on 3 plants dry weight :cheer: ....but that was 3+ months veg on two of the plants...and they were too big....one got too close too light and other was too bushy.....the bush one got mites....yes i was told by Wood i would get them someday....and he was right again...:bong: but found that bushy can be too bushy....i had 2 oz's of popcorn bud that could have been nice nug if it had light to bottom....so i wont veg that long again...IMO it was a waste for me....plants veged for 1 1/2 - 2 months grown straight up from clone no topping or LST will yield 4 oz's.... for me...and that is fine...this allows me to flower 6 plants and chop them at different times and average 4 oz's per plant.......SO my new way of growing is no LST no topping clones....just let nature do it's thang.

I mentioned it earlier in my journal about family getting some of my bud...truth is i can only smoke so much and i have a dozen close family and friends that if i didn't give them my extra meds they would buy them black market....So to keep them from giving money to shady people...i gave them all nice big bags and told them to spend there money on loved ones. Last year at Christmas i was not able to give much....So made me feel good to get them good nug ...like Santa :xmas:

nice detailed explanation bro.. I'm kinda with you on no LST, but then again, I want to try it at least once with the HID. It worked well under CFL's, but I had great success growing straight up under HID. I'm hoping to veg the next batch as long as needed until there are 4-6 nice tops growing, then flower and hope for some thick colas. I won't veg longer than 2 months, that's for sure. That's really cool you give it to family members. I gave a few bags away from my last harvest and it's a good feeling to be able to save people a good amount of money. I must have given like $100 worth away to each person. I know i'd appreciate free herb if i knew a grower.

:thanks: TheCriMsonK20/brother grower....ya just easier for me to do it this way ....will get some pictures of flowering ladies...but first...
Update on Cali Special....... dry weight came in at 8 oz's + a little...i smoked some before i chopped and big buds :bong: smoke is slightly harsh with sweet taste...high is nice...no couch lock...can get stuff done....BB...just the opposite i smoke that.... even harvested when just cloudy makes me slowwwww and stoned....super great taste with BB...last plant i took down was 4 oz's of nugsss...here is some close ups of dried bud

California Special .....
cali3.JPG

cali2.JPG

cali.JPG

IMG_33291.JPG

IMG_33301.JPG

IMG_33311.JPG

And Blue Berry :yummy:
bb310.JPG

bb43.JPG

bb212.JPG

bb114.JPG