Tunes420 600 w KC-33/Bud Lady

Pollination is the event of pollen landing on a stigmatic surface such as the pistil, and fertilization is the union of the staminate chromosomes from the pollen with the pistillate chromosomes from the ovule.

Pollination begins with dehiscence (release of pollen) from staminate flowers. Millions of pollen grains float through the air on light breezes, and many land on the stigmatic surfaces of nearby pistillate plants. If the pistil is ripe, the pollen grain will germinate and send out a long pollen tube much as a seed pushes out a root. The tube contains a haploid (in) generative nucleus and grows downward toward the ovule at the base of the pistils. When the pollen tube reaches the ovule, the staminate haploid nucleus fuses with the pistillate haploid nucleus and the diploid condition is restored. Germination of the pollen grain occurs 15 to 20 minutes after contact with the stigmatic surface (pistil); fertilization may take up to two days in cooler temperatures. Soon after fertilization, the pistils wither away as the ovule and surrounding calyx begin to swell. If the plant is properly watered, seed will form and sexual reproduction is complete. It is crucial that no part of the cycle be interrupted or viable seed will not form. If the pollen is subjected to extremes of temperature, humidity, or moisture, it will fail to germinate, the pollen tube will die prior to fertilization, or the embryo will be unable to develop into a mature seed.

So if it is wet it is a no go

Ya kind of figured...last one to be self pollinated was KC-33 and it was starting to get moist then....will have to store better should i ever grow a male again for pollen...have a couple silicon packets that came in dry nuke bottle to keep dry...sure i could use them should i decide to harvest pollen again...Was my first time and made a few of each strain which is fine by me :smokin: And didn't get whole flower room seeded...which was my main worry,growing a male ;)

Tunes420;920258 Just passing time till i start another KC Brain strain or clone up 5- 10 of BL and or KC-33 :peace: :passitleft:[/QUOTE said:
Tunes have you tried KC's "Brain's Damage" ? It has some Acapulco Gold in it.
:peace:

Not yet cocoJoe ...It is on my list for sure...just read description...will do that one sometime for sure....next KC Brain strain will be cali special :popcorn:...already have seeds just waiting for good time for both me and Wood to start them...soil/passive hydro...same seed stock :smokin:

hey tunes, I hope Mona's daughter looks just like mum when she finishes. Dunno how you keep the strains in line, I'd be burning some and starving others.

Great journal.:nicethread:

I think some male pollen on hand is a good idea,If i were you i would dry it completly and the add equal part or a little more of rice and silica paks will hurt ya store in fridge. I would say it is at its best for 6-12 months. remember the first time crossed the first seed will have more vigor than if you where to pollenate the seed from pollen again if that makes since. I was reading the other day and it said that when malr flowers start to form very small amount of pollen do get released nother usually happens because females show later and the males aer out by then most of the time. sorry to rant I just love this genectics stuff

Tunes.. Lol it seems to me that your journel with be a never ending work in progress... it's great your always start some new seeds! Plying your art, and raising yourself to a new level!

I hear that GMT1975A ....something i plan on doing some day... would be nice to make all my own seeds :grinjoint:

LOL yes gorillagrow have a lot going...weeding out a lot will end up with maybe 10 odd bag seed plants to fill in gaps with KC-33 and bud lady....will be starting a new journal after 4 I have in flower now :48

Yep have lots of time in grow room...being winter and my slow time...also really nice rec for me...enjoyable :smokin:...yours are doing great...always wondered about LED grows...used to do a lot of training the girls....which would be great for LED grows...saw scooby mention it when i was looking at your grow...this link has alot of those low plants i usta grow....none in grow room are being trained now...but I am sure will be doing more of it soon with seeds i have growing :popcorn: LST

Yep have lots of time in grow room...being winter and my slow time...also really nice rec for me...enjoyable :smokin:...yours are doing great...always wondered about LED grows...used to do a lot of training the girls....which would be great for LED grows...saw scooby mention it when i was looking at your grow...this link has alot of those low plants i usta grow....none in grow room are being trained now...but I am sure will be doing more of it soon with seeds i have growing :popcorn: LST

Yea I must admit it is relaxing. Gardening I mean, smoking too but thats a given. Thanks for checking them out. I am excited to see how mine will finish. I only have like 16 cu in that tent. I should have been training alot more. How many different feeding schedules and formulas are you using? It seems like you have plants in several stages.

I know this is off topic but I am so impressed that I gotta say something. I am grinding up some bud with my new grinder while looking at your journal and this thing is amazing. I have used the spacecase and sharpstone grinders at friends houses so I know quality but I owned a cheap one from the smoke shop. I ordered one from amazon for under 20 bucks called the chromium crusher and this thing is amazing. I should go post in the 420 reviews.

Yes i agree siscokid ....saw your post and decided to start training a couple clones i have going :grinjoint:

have 5 different feeding mixes i use WarBux79 ... but all pretty easy really....use floronova so just differant amounts depending on plant ....flowering ladies get bloom nukes as well as base (floronova) and then some may show signs of needing more of one thing and i make special mix for that....might take 5 minutes to mix each one as i feed them...usually mix what i need ....when i need it :smokin:
I like your new grinder...nice!
cc4.jpg

they got pollen presses too!

:thanks: MI-grower glad ya stoped by.....and congrats on new babies as well as a little help from a friend....thats why this is such a great site....people helping a bro out ....you all cool in my book :smokin:
And with out advise and help, I for one would not be where i am today....not that i am a pro....but been getting better at makeing sticky smoking meds! :smokin:

Dude I love this site as well!! I'm very thankful for all the help and advice every1 has given me.. Have a good 1 and Best of luck bro.

Yes i agree siscokid ....saw your post and decided to start training a couple clones i have going :grinjoint:

have 5 different feeding mixes i use WarBux79 ... but all pretty easy really....use floronova so just differant amounts depending on plant ....flowering ladies get bloom nukes as well as base (floronova) and then some may show signs of needing more of one thing and i make special mix for that....might take 5 minutes to mix each one as i feed them...usually mix what i need ....when i need it :smokin:
I like your new grinder...nice!
cc4.jpg

they got pollen presses too!

:thanks: MI-grower glad ya stoped by.....and congrats on new babies as well as a little help from a friend....thats why this is such a great site....people helping a bro out ....you all cool in my book :smokin:
And with out advise and help, I for one would not be where i am today....not that i am a pro....but been getting better at makeing sticky smoking meds! :smokin:

When my current base nutes run out I was thinking about trying the floranova base. It takes me damn near an hour to mix up my flower nutes and thats just for the 1 flower reservoir. I think I went overboard when I ordered my nutes but I wanted to make sure I had the right nute for any possible situation. When I move I am going to have to re-think my flowering mix. Weed out the stuff that doesnt help and the overpriced stuff I can get cheaper.

That grinder is a beast. I just got finished using it again before reading your reply. LOL everywhere I go I see that thing now. I really love it compared to the others I have used. It has more teeth then any I have ever seen. So it makes for a really uniform smoke. I am going to try and order one for my brother for Christmas if it will get delivered in time. Mine only took 2 days from amazon. I got a pollen press too. A 7 piece one for under 10 bucks w the good plastic inserts. Any head shop I have seen that grinder at wanted 35-55 bucks and 30-40 for the pollen press.

Looks like you got a pretty good sized grow started dude. I do also, maybe we need to wait a month or so before we do that trip side bye side. I need to get alittle more room in my veg room. I have alot of them mixed sexed ones going. Soon as I get afew sexed out we can try that. Good Luck Dude with your babies

Back
Top Bottom