Wood and Tunes Northern Lights Special Soil/Passive Hydro Grow

WoodTunes

OK Tunes420 here.....doing a side by side grow with brother grower Norcaliwood
We both started seeds today....and will be posting our results separately here in this journal

OK all Tunes still here just put seeds in paper towel on a plate with a plate to cover and set them on heating pad on low

Here's what we are growing
white-kc.jpg

White KC
The White Widow, Afghani and KC33 merged to create this unique hybrid. With Afghani characteristics, these plants grow to a medium height and produces a dense coating of crystals. :peace:

Tunes420 here:

:thanks: SS we wanted to test soil against passive hydro :surf:

:thanks: for tuning into grow usul and :welcome:
Same batch of seeds ...both flowered under same kind of lights HPS...now comes the tricky part...Two different grow environments ........Two different growers .....our experience are night and day...I am new to growing compared to Wood....I will be veging under CFL's/shop light....Wood i believe is using MH....Nukes will be night and day as well....I will be using foxfarms nukes for bloom and FloraNova for Veg/base.
So far as people being able to simply say ok here is White KC grown with soil ....And here is White KC grown with passive hydro....It won't help a lot in that respect....there will be to many variables to say one is better than the other.
We both plan on doing pictures and giving details for people to follow....we will list what we use for nukes and lights, plus share any problems we may have during grow.
So if nothing else some one can follow what one of us did, and get same results with this strain :rollit: If results are good LOL :peace:

Tunes420 here:

OK White KC....is strain....I have a 4 foot shop light with a bunch of 40 watt cool white CFL's on both sides for Veg stage
IMG_0352.JPG

Flower i will be using 600 watt air cooled light 95000 lums
IMG_05193.JPG

Nukes... I have FLORANOVA GROW for veg stage/base
Flower I Have OpenSesame...BeastieBloom

Medium.....I am using perlite...with some rocks mixed in to add weight and keep top from growing algae

Passive Hydro....I drain to waste
Seeds were just put in paper towels few hours ago ....will be awhile for some pics...least couple of days :grinjoint: :peace:

Well heres the other half. Yesterday I put 3 KC White seeds ontop my tv box, low and behold tonite 2 have cracked and are getting their feet dirty.
KC_White_Day1.JPG

I'll be growing in black gold soil. Amended with perlite, and atad of blood and bone meal. The lites will be 24/7 for the first week. I'm using a 200 watt cfl in daylite color whatever the numbers are.

Got some mad tap root there bro!

OK mine all cracked and tossed them in rockwool....
IMG_0819.JPG

got tray on heating pad :popcorn: ...now waiting for them to grow :surf: I added a 1/2 inch of water so it wont dry out
Here are nukes i'll be using for veg
IMG_08232.JPG

Makes sense now that we use our regular names ...instead of WoodTunes name....less confusing ....good idea Wood :popcorn:

Glad to see ya got some good fert's dude. I'll be using soil with 1/4 strength Technaflora Fert's pretty much thru the veg stage. The 1st week I use straight water. I got lucky and found a R/O water system for cheap, all it cost was new filters and membrane. Lites be be on 24/7 for the first week then I'll go to 20/4 for a month or so. I'll post acouple more pic's of my starter room. It's a 48" X 24" X 56" tent. I'll post soon as I take acouple more GL with your trip there Partner

01595.JPG

Heres the Hood for the 200 Watter
010153.JPG

Here's the starter room. So far I have 2 blueberry, 2 pots that will have KC White soon as they poke their head out, and 2 Blackhead something or another.

Nice! .....brother grower..:surf:

OK and here is 5 i started...will also call this day one...we have one that has popped and shed shell...others are all ready to do same...Wood only has a couple going ....i started all five of mine....have no need for male so wanted to see how many females i can get from 5...and elliminate the rest....then just use pollen i collect from my other grow to make more of these seeds...Wood wanted to save a couple seeds.
What we are doing with this journal is taking one female we get and flowering it...extras i have will use for cloning and keep in veg room
IMG_08412.JPG

And we are OFF! :surf:

Back
Top Bottom