Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

Or even a syringe which might be a good idea, I know you can get those with ml measurements too

:thumb:

Hey lions, Another great idea! thanks.:bravo:

The straw thing I remembered from botony class in H.S. (thanks Mr Keating, I bet you grow big buds, shaka bra), it really helps.

After dozen times or so you will get used to holding it in the light just right next to the indicator card for a good match.

I have to agree that the cupcakes were great. They were some of the best she's made. Well, she has made fancier ones, but none better tasting. The green ones are my fav, gotta love that key lime green. LOL

good luck my friend.

I'm inviting everyone over to your place for our next sugar fix! You guys won't mind having a few hundred over for cupcakes right! LOL

:bravo: Great Job hookin up Woods with a PH kit, Chicago! He needed it.

Those tips look a bit burned bro, not sure I would do anything drastic though.

:peace:

Looking good Woods!!! :grinjoint:
ChiJoe is an awesome guy and it was a very nice gesture and with a few surprises thrown in! Kudos again to ChicagoJoe.
Thanks you my Man. Ya reading down lower in the thread Is seems a consensus that the tips are normal. Hopefully the yellowing will stop with the N

Looking good there dude. You going to have some nice buddage there. I'm just doing a speed read. Gl =++
Thanks Wood for the big reps! Always nice of you to drop in, I've gotta get my a** in gear and pay you a visit!
Very nice plants buddy :grinjoint:
Big colas are coming.
:peace:

Hello my fine Italian friend! I just hope they pack a punch!

Hey Brother, you've had some good days :cheer:

Good for you. ChemDog sounds good and it is the name of the originator of the strain..lots of history.

Setting Sun has said if you have just a little a nute burn on the very tip of a leaf, then your nutes are just right. The other yellowing across the leaf, I have no idea about. Something is not right, but doesn't seem to be hurting your girls. :cheer:

Nice change of mood. Things are looking up and Joe was hugely instrumental in orchestrating that for me with the 'surprise', the test kit and Cal/Mag and Cupcakes to top it all off.

Nice to hear that it's nothing to worry about (tips). We'll see about the yellowing.

At Five weeks into flower (and mine really started to flower late) it's too early for the natural die off, correct? Even though this strain is supposed to be a 89 week strain. I don't see mine being just a few weeks away just yet.

syringes show increments in CC's. a CC is equal to a ML. :grinjoint:

Woodsman, I wouldn't worry about that tipburn. it is VERY minor. I've seen 'PRO's' do worse. Personally I would think that the fish emulsion (which is high in nitrogen) and Calmag (also with nitrogen, and many Micronutrients) should do wonders to help the leaf drop, and increase your yield, but with the flourescent light canopy penetration is very low, and your plants know that, and may jst be thinking "Abort! Abort!" and ditching the less usefull leaves under the canopy. Probably a combination. Also, for more Trichome production you can add Honey for great results. You may want to ask around with some of these other guys about ratios and compatibiliity with soil, but I know that Honey in fact has more useable sugars for plants than Molassus. (Spell that 3 times fast.) Most people have it in the kitchen and dont even know about that.

These are just my opinions mind you, but I wouldn't steer you off a cliff.:reading420magazine::rollit:

"a CC is equal to a ML" Hey bud, I didn't know that. thanks

I'm feeling much relief after all you folks seem to be brushing off my tip burn as pretty much 'par for the course', and nothing to be worried about for now!

I've heard that some use honey. I'll have to read more into that as molasses has been the most mentioned. Thanks Jason!

hey man that headband is OG Kush/ sour diesel recrossed with a chem dawg or chemo male;)delicious strain i love it a buddy grows this one as a house strain and i can't get enough the high does me so right:rollit:

uh oh 420 collaborations in our head hope you guys had a good time;) i'm dreaming of giant roots on the mentioned theoretical plants CJ:bravo:on the ph kit for woodsy to what a kind gesture:cheer:oh and i love the background on chem dawg/ sour d/ and head band, originated in montana sold in colorado since the late 70's right after peonia budz started comin out, and then claimed by the east coast after chem dawg was back crossed with a landrace mexican sativa to make sour diesel, and now on to head band a mixture of the two to make a great family line up of some dank nugs haha
good growin to woodsy fat leaf and the rest of the girls are lookin muy bueno amigo:peace:

I hope all persons that are attempting to root their NL#5 will have nothing but success!

The CD is the most exotic tasting bud I've ever smoked. Hey I may not have known what I used to smoke, but I smoked a lot of good sh*t. The taste is hard for me to discribe. Fruity, sour, hash, all mixed in together and the smell is a new one for me as far as MJ goes. again, fruity, sour and strong! I think it has a taste and smell that everyone would have a different opinion about.

I use a medicine dosage eye dropper and they have ml and tsp. measurement. Can be found at any drug store and I also saw them at my grocery store.

I'll have to dig around, I'm sure we've got something around the house. Thanks MC!

Canna Bible 3,and 2

colorado indica known as cem/dawg...two friends met at a dead tour '91 in colorado, had a lb containing 12 seeds, they were grown...from there it went to mass....the linage is still a total mystery...they figure since the guy who grew it in col. only grew it,c/d, it was a chem dog male or hermie...that fathered the seeds...from those seeds another good friend was met on a Phish tour, and the clones of cd were passed on...the new grower from ny city didnt like the name cd so he started calling it diesel...this is the diesel that some of us are lucky enough to know and love...a couple of years later a super skunk x sensi no. lights was crossed with the newly named diesel and thus created headband...daywrecker, and diesel no. 1..soon after a hermie mass. super skunk pollinated the diesel and from the seeds it created, sour diesel was born...then there's og kush which is a sister to sour diesel...this info is from no. 3 cannabible...chem dog is named that because it prefers chem ferts to organic, and will not grow good with organics, the organic chem dog was modified and is called dawg...which is what you want to grow with organics..
books by jason king...also plain chem can be grown with organics...the dawg, tastes great and is good in every other way, but not as strong as the chem dog,:rollit:

hope this helps....lavendar:reading420magazine::cheer:

Hello my Lady, I've read similar stuff just like you said, very interesting lore behind it and through it, many terrific strains evolved! Thanks for telling the story!

Wow folks I'm glad I was only away for a night and not more! That was the longest list I've had to follow up on. And I'm not done! I've got subscribed threads spilling out of the computer that I need to visit also! The wife is going to be fuming today! I'll have to take advantage of every bathroom trip she makes!

I will actually be gone later today gotta get to the bank for my wife (it's her birthday on the 2nd of April and she's got a couple of gifts from relatives in the form of checks that I'll deposit for her. Then it's to Wally's were I may buy her something. She doesn't want me to get her anything, but I have to! I never know what to get her. When we were working, no problem. She loves jewelry (unfortunately) and clothes. Normally we would go out to eat somewhere nice (won't happen this year) and since we do not have a bathtub in our little cabin (yes we do have a shower!) After dinner it's usually to one of the nicer hotels around here with a jacuzzi suite so she can have a bubble bath and later a nice soak in the whirlpool. Funny how something so normal for most people becomes a treat for her. I don't mind the jacuzzi myself!

I'll be checking back later my friends!:peace:

Hi ChicagoJoe!
Some calmag products vary, but the one I was talking about (sorry I didn't specify) is the Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. it uses Cacium Nitrate, has Iron, and a list of Micronutrients, etc... I kind of assumed that was the brand you got Woodsman, but I guess now adays there is a bunch of brands, probably each being a little different.

"""""Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus®

A custom plant supplement designed to help with calcium, magnesium and iron deficiencies in nutrient fertilizer programs. CAL MAG Plus serves as a catalyst for the major elements to work in symbiosis with one another to prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers and tip burn in lettuce. CAL-MAG Plus is a bio-catalyst for plants; a highly beneficial plant nutrient supplement to correct the inherent problem of calcium, magnesium and iron mineral deficiencies found in most soil fertilizers and some hydroponic nutrient liquid concentrated formulas.

Helps prevent: blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers; tip burn in lettuce and cabbage; dry and withered flower and fruit set; interveinal chlorosis; stunted growth rates and upward leaf curl. It help increase: cell division and plant tissue development; flower and fruit sets; water nutrient and carbon dioxide uptake and growth rates and crop maturity.""""

...anyways they are probably very comparible products, and the Fish emulsion will more likely have enough nitrogen to give the girls a nice taste. Now I am curious, Woodsman, which one was so generously given to you?

:peace::peace::peace::rollit::cheer:

:rollit:yea woods,
felt silly posting that about the chem/dog, to me it seemed like preaching to the choir, but at one time i didnt know that, and still had to reread to be sure...so, i thought, what the heck, do it anyway...

think nighty....or cute shirt....or gift certificate....mostly just be there...or...you could cook dinner...steak, potatoe, and a bottle of vino...and a poem that says i love you more today than yesterday, but less than i will tomorrow....thats one i love...put it on the hubbies ipod...along with alot of music he doesnt like, but i do...guess you could skip that part...he's into yodeling and burl ives, and i love acdc....she sounds like a great lady...congrats...and hope she has a million more and all happy...lavendar:rollit:

Canna Bible 3,and 2

colorado indica known as cem/dawg...two friends met at a dead tour '91 in colorado, had a lb containing 12 seeds, they were grown...from there it went to mass....the linage is still a total mystery...they figure since the guy who grew it in col. only grew it,c/d, it was a chem dog male or hermie...that fathered the seeds...from those seeds another good friend was met on a Phish tour, and the clones of cd were passed on...the new grower from ny city didnt like the name cd so he started calling it diesel...this is the diesel that some of us are lucky enough to know and love...a couple of years later a super skunk x sensi no. lights was crossed with the newly named diesel and thus created headband...daywrecker, and diesel no. 1..soon after a hermie mass. super skunk pollinated the diesel and from the seeds it created, sour diesel was born...then there's og kush which is a sister to sour diesel...this info is from no. 3 cannabible...chem dog is named that because it prefers chem ferts to organic, and will not grow good with organics, the organic chem dog was modified and is called dawg...which is what you want to grow with organics..
books by jason king...also plain chem can be grown with organics...the dawg, tastes great and is good in every other way, but not as strong as the chem dog,:rollit:

hope this helps....lavendar:reading420magazine::cheer:

Awesome info lav i've heard it a lot of ways the way that i put it came from a distiguished breeder in northern montana that i know hes pushin 70 and has been growin herbs and various other plants for a long time thats what i love about strains the only person that really knows how they originate is the breeder/grower that brought em into the world:bravo:

And to those growing NL#5 may roots take and new growth be plentiful:yahoo:

Hi ChicagoJoe!
Some calmag products vary, but the one I was talking about (sorry I didn't specify) is the Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. it uses Cacium Nitrate, has Iron, and a list of Micronutrients, etc... I kind of assumed that was the brand you got Woodsman, but I guess now adays there is a bunch of brands, probably each being a little different.

"""""Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus®

A custom plant supplement designed to help with calcium, magnesium and iron deficiencies in nutrient fertilizer programs. CAL MAG Plus serves as a catalyst for the major elements to work in symbiosis with one another to prevent blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers and tip burn in lettuce. CAL-MAG Plus is a bio-catalyst for plants; a highly beneficial plant nutrient supplement to correct the inherent problem of calcium, magnesium and iron mineral deficiencies found in most soil fertilizers and some hydroponic nutrient liquid concentrated formulas.

Helps prevent: blossom end rot in tomatoes and peppers; tip burn in lettuce and cabbage; dry and withered flower and fruit set; interveinal chlorosis; stunted growth rates and upward leaf curl. It help increase: cell division and plant tissue development; flower and fruit sets; water nutrient and carbon dioxide uptake and growth rates and crop maturity.""""

...anyways they are probably very comparible products, and the Fish emulsion will more likely have enough nitrogen to give the girls a nice taste. Now I am curious, Woodsman, which one was so generously given to you?

:peace::peace::peace::rollit::cheer:

I don't know which one, ChiJoe gave me a nice amount, but it is in an unmarked jar.

:rollit:yea woods,
felt silly posting that about the chem/dog, to me it seemed like preaching to the choir, but at one time i didnt know that, and still had to reread to be sure...so, i thought, what the heck, do it anyway...

think nighty....or cute shirt....or gift certificate....mostly just be there...or...you could cook dinner...steak, potatoe, and a bottle of vino...and a poem that says i love you more today than yesterday, but less than i will tomorrow....thats one i love...put it on the hubbies ipod...along with alot of music he doesnt like, but i do...guess you could skip that part...he's into yodeling and burl ives, and i love acdc....she sounds like a great lady...congrats...and hope she has a million more and all happy...lavendar:rollit:

LOve the story My Lady, Ya I've read it and it sure is an interesting tale! You can tell us stories anytime you like my dear!

Awesome info lav i've heard it a lot of ways the way that i put it came from a distiguished breeder in northern montana that i know hes pushin 70 and has been growin herbs and various other plants for a long time thats what i love about strains the only person that really knows how they originate is the breeder/grower that brought em into the world:bravo:

And to those growing NL#5 may roots take and new growth be plentiful:yahoo:

Amen Brother!

woods, if you look at my post #1160 above, it shows a box with all the info of the General Organics brand of CaMg+. Even though it says +, there is only Ca and MG in there.

woods, if you look at my post above #1160 above, it shows a box with all the info of the General Organics brand of CaMg+. Even though it says +, there is only Ca and MG in there.

I don't know how I missed it! Thanks Joe! Well we're off to H&R Block for tax work. I normally do it myself, but this time I've got too much confusion this time!

whats up woods? I saw your plants they look great. Those buds look like they will be huge. Also I want to point out that your thread goes way to fast for me to follow, I don't have the time to read it all! Peace and good karma.

whats up woods? I saw your plants they look great. Those buds look like they will be huge. Also I want to point out that your thread goes way to fast for me to follow, I don't have the time to read it all! Peace and good karma.

I don't blame you! LOL! You'd have to be sitting on the throne (sorry ladies) for a couple hours at least to read it all!
Come by anytime Bud. Your part of the crew my man!
Hey there Woodsman:goodjob::tommy::rocker::tommy:you have made great friends and some beautiful ladies here at 420Mag.
I browsed thru the last 6 pages of this journal and wanted to say Congratulations :thumb: +rep
I'll see you around:surf: :goodluck: :cool: :woohoo::theband::goodjob:

Thank you old friend, nice to have you visit, come on by whenever you can. I have some of the best folks comin around, as you see in the photo...............

:cheer: :smokin: :slide: :Rasta: :grinjoint: :hmmmm: :loopy: :ciao: :rofl: :yahoo:

Thanks for the ++Reps Wingman

I don't blame you! LOL! You'd have to be sitting on the throne (sorry ladies) for a couple hours at least to read it all!
Come by anytime Bud. Your part of the crew my man!

Thank you old friend, nice to have you visit, come on by whenever you can. I have some of the best folks comin around, as you see in the photo...............

:cheer: :smokin: :slide: :Rasta: :grinjoint: :hmmmm: :loopy: :ciao: :rofl: :yahoo:

Thanks for the ++Reps Wingman

That must mean I'm in that group of characters Oh, wait I see me, there I am :hmmmm: Thanks!

After 2 days of Noah's Arc like rain here it is threatening to be Spring again outside!!!! weeeeeeee! It just makes me start thinking about getting ready for an outdoor grow.... I love the Spring!

After 2 days of Noah's Arc like rain here it is threatening to be Spring again outside!!!! weeeeeeee! It just makes me start thinking about getting ready for an outdoor grow.... I love the Spring!

Oh, man, I know. It's been getting really warm around these parts. It almost hit 80 yesterday. My girls are begging to go outside. I don't know how much longer they will put up with being stuffed in 20 oz cups. Don't want them to go to early though. This outdoor season is going to be great.

I don't know how I missed it! Thanks Joe! Well we're off to H&R Block for tax work. I normally do it myself, but this time I've got too much confusion this time!

I bet they say + because of the added organic acids and sugar chelates. its cool that they add that to the mix too. I've been thinking about trying the bio GH line myself. either that or the Humboldt line. Hmmm...

Woodsman have your plants reacted to yout newly added nutes yet??

That must mean I'm in that group of characters Oh, wait I see me, there I am :hmmmm: Thanks!

And your the most handsome of the lot!

It's been getting warmer everyday here and the itch is there to get the outdoor started, pretty soon!

Oh, man, I know. It's been getting really warm around these parts. It almost hit 80 yesterday. My girls are begging to go outside. I don't know how much longer they will put up with being stuffed in 20 oz cups. Don't want them to go to early though. This outdoor season is going to be great.

Up here I have to watch those 'low temps' at night. That's the killer!

I bet they say + because of the added organic acids and sugar chelates. its cool that they add that to the mix too. I've been thinking about trying the bio GH line myself. either that or the Humboldt line. Hmmm...

Woodsman have your plants reacted to yout newly added nutes yet??

Well I haven't noticed them getting any worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

And your the most handsome of the lot!

It's been getting warmer everyday here and the itch is there to get the outdoor started, pretty soon!

Up here I have to watch those 'low temps' at night. That's the killer!

Well I haven't noticed them getting any worse. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Worse? no way! I meant better, bigger, meaner!! GRRR!!!! lol:thumb:

Worse? no way! I meant better, bigger, meaner!! GRRR!!!! lol:thumb:

The buds are getting bigger and fatter, that's for sure. I'm waiting patiently for #4 to bulk up, she's so far behind the other two. she looks like she's three weeks in flower and not 5 1/2 weeks!

The affected leaves will not recover, but hopefully no more will be affected, which is the ultimate goal.

I think the plants have stabilized. I say plants because it seems 'monkey see, monkey do!' Big Girl decided to copy Fatleaf with the yellow leaves! I'm watching them closely now and today or tomorrow I'll be watering with Molasses. Going to go fetch the artisan water later. Very curious what the pH is. Thanks to you, Joe, I can now check it!

Update - Flower Day 38

Went out with my wife to the spring to get water both for the house and my grow. I'm able to do this mainly because I have a test kit for the water. Didn't want to take a chance before. Got a pH of 7.3 on the water, so that's very good. I'm always having a hard time keeping the pH high enough and I don't want to use too much lime to raise the pH level. I hear to much lime build up is not good.

When I went up to get the plants, I found the temp at 104! It was mid seventy's today outside and with the sun beating down on our second floor ceiling, it can get hot. I did not think that it would get to 104 though. That was an unpleasant surprise. Well I got them out of there wuick and brought them all out to the back deck.

Watered them each with two gallons of plain water each before adding molasses (got a new jar of backstrap today). Ended up having to add lime to the mix in order to bring the pH up to 7 and got a run off of about 6.6 to 6.8.

The plants were due for their water today and with the addition of the heat, they were looking rather dreary to say the least. Afterward they did perk up slightly and I'm sure by tomorrow they will be fine. You can see the yellow leaves on Fatleaf and Big Girl, and you can also see a couple of the fan leaves with the brown and yellow. They've been that way since my last escapade with a low pH a few weeks ago.

I don't know if they were yellowing because of an N deficiency or because of age. Like premature graying!

As far as dealing with the late afternoon heat upstairs, we do have a separate window air conditioner up in the bedroom (besides the whole house a/c) I may just have to turn it on for an hour or so on warm days. We like to keep the windows open dowstairs if we can help it (unless it gets to hot), but you can't open the window up there, because of the a/c in the window. I also enlarged the heat-escape vents on top of the tent.

Trichomes. Fatleaf is moving right along and is just starting to frost up, while Big Girl is just beginning to produce them. The 'Runt' #4 is way behind and looks like the others two weeks ago.

Enough rambling, here are the pics. Remember that they are a little bedraggled to day because they were thirsty and hot!

Front to back: Big Girl, Fatleaf and the 'runt' #4
DSCF001710.JPG

Fatleaf
DSCF000725.JPG

Fatleaf's main cola
DSCF000818.JPG

Fatleaf
DSCF001022.JPG

Big Girl's main cola
DSCF001610.JPG

The Runt's cola, way behind the others
DSCF00157.JPG

Lastly, here's the bedraggled group after they had their big drink. You can see the yellow leaves real good in this pic.
DSCF001814.JPG

Thanks for checking them all out and as always, I welcome your comments and suggestions!

:thanks:

Looking pretty good brother. Why are you trying to keep the ph so high? I thought 6.0 was the sweet spot for soil? If it's 7 going in and 6.6 coming out then i would say your soil ph is 6.8 <ballpark>. If it were me i would just let it drop from here on out and only panic if the out ph is below 5.5 with 7.0 water. If i am wrong someone please explain why. Great pics brother keep up the good work.:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom