Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

Great pics Woodsman my friend. Glad you are enjoying using the camera. :thumb:

I miss taking all mine now I have changed the schedule to be dark for the plants during the day. I really need to get some brighter lights in the house to take more.

If you are in flowering dark hours and take them into daylight just for few minutes for soem photos do you think it will stress them out/do harm?

I would think that you should not from what I've learned here, but perhaps a more experienced grower will have another opinion. Hate to steer you wrong my friend!

:passitleft: Dropped by to say, HEY. So HEY. :Rasta:

Was checking out your ladies, they are looking good bro. Careful checking tric's....I had major amber on Abbie and didn't know it until I got a microscope. Those lighted loupes were lying to my bad eyes.

I have had friends notice how amber Abbie's buds are with their naked eye's now....she is good sleeping meds. :grinjoint: But not good daytime.

:peace: my friend.

Based on those shots Woodsman I don't see any reason to be concerned. Let nature take her course and enjoy the ride.

They look fantastic!

Great pictures as well.

:passitleft: Dropped by to say, HEY. So HEY. :Rasta:

Was checking out your ladies, they are looking good bro. Careful checking tric's....I had major amber on Abbie and didn't know it until I got a microscope. Those lighted loupes were lying to my bad eyes.

I have had friends notice how amber Abbie's buds are with their naked eye's now....she is good sleeping meds. :grinjoint: But not good daytime.

:peace: my friend.

I agree with SC. Ain't nothing wrong and those maturity dates are almost guesses anyway as they are based on optimum conditions. I haven't had optimum condition in 9 grows! LOL! Stick to the trich plan. No use getting jumpy now.

Skooter, Mountain and MC glad you all dropped by

:passitleft: :passitleft:

Yup I'll be patient and take your advise and wait for the trichomes to turn. I got one of those cheap Radio Shack scopes, so I know what your talking about Mountain. I have a supply of new batteries for it and change them often. I have been looking at the trichomes in front of the tent with all the lights. I may be getting deceptive results because of that, so from now on I'm taking the samples downstairs and out on the deck where I've got real daylight to use. See if that makes a difference. thanks for taking a look guys.

Well, now, those are good shots of your girls.:cheer:
Forget the book, you're doing just fine. Very impressive camera work!:grinjoint:

Sure getting good advise on your plants from everyone.:cheer:

Too use the Radio Shack Microscope for trichs. Here's how I use it, since we are blind old farts.

Take off your glasses if you wear any.

Take a very small piece of a bud leaf and cut it from the plant.

Trying to check trichs on the plant is damn near impossible.

Take the piece of bud leaf and put it on a flat surface. I use a white piece of paper.

Put the microscope over the bud leaf. Turn on the light and dial it in until you enter trichworld. Once dialed in leave it that way. The next leaf will be much easier to dial in. You can move the scope very slightly to check the whole sample you have.

You can actually look at both sides of the leaf to see trichs.

The trichs will be different in most cases, from the top buds and the ones taken from a bottom bud. I have actually harvested bottom buds and then waited for the top buds and vice-versa.

Try to get a bud leaf sample as close as you can from the bud itself.

Truthfully this one of my favorite parts of growing. It's like looking into another world.:grinjoint:

Well, I hope this helps you. Took a while to figure it out the first time.:smokin:

Great pics Woodsman my friend. Glad you are enjoying using the camera. :thumb:

I miss taking all mine now I have changed the schedule to be dark for the plants during the day. I really need to get some brighter lights in the house to take more.

If you are in flowering dark hours and take them into daylight just for few minutes for soem photos do you think it will stress them out/do harm?

yea dude the camera is sick!!!!!! Your plants are just like I like to see em! Sweet, large, and in charge! I bet your right. I think that the late flower initiation and the late finishing are most definatly related. My guess would be due to either lighting or nutritiona details, but it could be something other.l. also, Maybe pot size is a factor since your growing in soil? I grow in Coco, and roots will act in a more hydroponic manor so it's hard to say, but in soil maybe your plants got a little rootbound. that would slow things for sure. Just think, Bonsai's are intentonally stalled using this method. Keep in mind I'm highly medicated, but with some thought I think it might be a valid possibility. I dunno. Your plants are super nice, and in soil I would be a fool to disregard such an extensive root system as part of the plant, therefore also a possibility for problems.

sorry to ramble.
stay high!

good to hear from you; can't wait to trade notes and sample our work.
seeing those pics you posted made me re-live the sticky situation of my harvest and finger hash. The stuff smells like lemons.

your plants look great. the site's picture viewing upgrade is pretty cool too.

yea dude the camera is sick!!!!!! Your plants are just like I like to see em! Sweet, large, and in charge! I bet your right. I think that the late flower initiation and the late finishing are most definatly related. My guess would be due to either lighting or nutritiona details, but it could be something other.l. also, Maybe pot size is a factor since your growing in soil? I grow in Coco, and roots will act in a more hydroponic manor so it's hard to say, but in soil maybe your plants got a little rootbound. that would slow things for sure. Just think, Bonsai's are intentonally stalled using this method. Keep in mind I'm highly medicated, but with some thought I think it might be a valid possibility. I dunno. Your plants are super nice, and in soil I would be a fool to disregard such an extensive root system as part of the plant, therefore also a possibility for problems.

sorry to ramble.
stay high!

Sorry about the ramble, I was just thinking outloud really. Take it with a grain of salt. It could be anything, but with patience they'll turn to the dark side. lol

Damn woodsy the girls look great i got a runt situation goin to man she just started showin pistils and bud sites today when the rest of the girls wer full blown bud site formin last week haha funny how things work but great job buddy looks to be an awesome harvest when done:goodjob:

Well, now, those are good shots of your girls.:cheer:
Forget the book, you're doing just fine. Very impressive camera work!:grinjoint:

Sure getting good advise on your plants from everyone.:cheer:

Too use the Radio Shack Microscope for trichs. Here's how I use it, since we are blind old farts.

Take off your glasses if you wear any.

Take a very small piece of a bud leaf and cut it from the plant.

Trying to check trichs on the plant is damn near impossible.

Take the piece of bud leaf and put it on a flat surface. I use a white piece of paper.

Put the microscope over the bud leaf. Turn on the light and dial it in until you enter trichworld. Once dialed in leave it that way. The next leaf will be much easier to dial in. You can move the scope very slightly to check the whole sample you have.

You can actually look at both sides of the leaf to see trichs.

The trichs will be different in most cases, from the top buds and the ones taken from a bottom bud. I have actually harvested bottom buds and then waited for the top buds and vice-versa.

Try to get a bud leaf sample as close as you can from the bud itself.

Truthfully this one of my favorite parts of growing. It's like looking into another world.:grinjoint:

Well, I hope this helps you. Took a while to figure it out the first time.:smokin:

Hello OMM always nice to see ya here! I pretty much do it the same as you do. I use a white paper plate instead of white paper, otherwise we do the same thing! I will try to cut a few samples and this time take them outside to check. Could be that the 'yellow/orange' from the lights is distorting somewhat.

sorry to ramble.
stay high!

Hello Jas
I had some pH issues (deficiencies) early on in flower that may have slowed down the mechanisms and that was after they took their time showing sex. So I did get some 'interruptions'.

good to hear from you; can't wait to trade notes and sample our work.
seeing those pics you posted made me re-live the sticky situation of my harvest and finger hash. The stuff smells like lemons.

your plants look great. the site's picture viewing upgrade is pretty cool too.

I'm still getting used to the 'change' (seems slow). I got skunk, grapefruit and tangerine/mandarin in my garden! Just hope that it is potent! I chopped my first sample off of Fatleaf yesterday and it is hanging to dry right now. Smallest of the minor tops so if I get a gram I'll be lucky. It is 'premature', but I gotta see what a clear/ cloudy combination will do! Can't wait to sample.

Sorry about the ramble, I was just thinking outloud really. Take it with a grain of salt. It could be anything, but with patience they'll turn to the dark side. lol

Jason you can ramble on this thread anytime you like my friend. This is a Registered, 'ramble friendly site'

Damn woodsy the girls look great i got a runt situation goin to man she just started showin pistils and bud sites today when the rest of the girls wer full blown bud site formin last week haha funny how things work but great job buddy looks to be an awesome harvest when done:goodjob:

What is it with the little sisters! They just want what the big girls have! Thanks for the good words Dude!

anxious to see how you like your sample of "fatleaf",looks like it will be yummy.pictures are great:goodjob::cheer:

I have mixed feelings about taking the 'early' sample of Fatleaf, I'd hate to have it 'not' be great because it's early and then wonder if the rest will be OK! Just my paranoia over the last grow!:Rasta:

Yo woodsy those little sisters do just want what the big girls have but it's all good i have a feeling with the way it is in there i will not only be harvesting all plants at different times but that i will be harvesting different parts of the plants at different time because of the crazy overcrowded non-sense my closet is right now lol... i feel so unorganized as far as space goes in there and i can't really rotate cuz they are all tied down to avoid plant burn... it is straight madness in there man I'm def scroggin next time and i am scrappin all of those giant 6gallon pots cuz simply put they are so space consuming! I'm thinkin bout all DWC and SCROG for the next flower sesh but IDK if i will have the cash for DWC so it'll def be scroged with a chance of DWC and the girls are goin 12/12 as soon as they hit 2' this time haha sorry to ramble bout my grow on your grow lol just had to vent a lil to a homie bout that stress Hope that fat leaf sample get you uplifted and feeling great brotha:thumb:

Yo woodsy those little sisters do just want what the big girls have but it's all good i have a feeling with the way it is in there i will not only be harvesting all plants at different times but that i will be harvesting different parts of the plants at different time because of the crazy overcrowded non-sense my closet is right now lol... i feel so unorganized as far as space goes in there and i can't really rotate cuz they are all tied down to avoid plant burn... it is straight madness in there man I'm def scroggin next time and i am scrappin all of those giant 6gallon pots cuz simply put they are so space consuming! I'm thinkin bout all DWC and SCROG for the next flower sesh but IDK if i will have the cash for DWC so it'll def be scroged with a chance of DWC and the girls are goin 12/12 as soon as they hit 2' this time haha sorry to ramble bout my grow on your grow lol just had to vent a lil to a homie bout that stress Hope that fat leaf sample get you uplifted and feeling great brotha:thumb:

Ya buddy I know about overcrowding! Sounds like a good idea with the scrog and the shorter veg time. the big pots are great for big plants like ya got now, but your right in reducing them for the next grow. No sense in it if your going for smaller plants! You can talk about your grow here anytime my friend!

Ya buddy I know about overcrowding! Sounds like a good idea with the scrog and the shorter veg time. the big pots are great for big plants like ya got now, but your right in reducing them for the next grow. No sense in it if your going for smaller plants! You can talk about your grow here anytime my friend!

Hey thanks buddy yeah dude I think I'm gonna go with 3gallon grow bags and i should have way more space no sense in having plants as big as i do right now with my space but live and learn i guess and harvest should be real nice lol i just think if i had an all indica room with a scrog set-up and all topped plants my sh!t would be way easier to handle and would probly harvest more than what i will get from this grow:thumb:today just started as a rough one the lady is trippin out I'm outta meds and some clumsy mistakes in the grow room..had to take a deep breath and a beer w/ a bowl of resin haha I'm feelin little better now

Hey thanks buddy yeah dude I think I'm gonna go with 3gallon grow bags and i should have way more space no sense in having plants as big as i do right now with my space but live and learn i guess and harvest should be real nice lol i just think if i had an all indica room with a scrog set-up and all topped plants my sh!t would be way easier to handle and would probly harvest more than what i will get from this grow:thumb:today just started as a rough one the lady is trippin out I'm outta meds and some clumsy mistakes in the grow room..had to take a deep breath and a beer w/ a bowl of resin haha I'm feelin little better now

Sounds like a perfect plan with the scrog. Indica would be an obvious choice to have smaller bushier plants along with relatively earlier harvests. Glad ya found something to calm ya down! Man, ya gotta save for the rainy days! Like I was telling ya a while back about not smoking everything at once, make it last! Does your lady know you had here on camera? If she knew, then tell her what I said about her being the best lookin chick out there! Hey man, this is the Woodsman talking! I know what I'm talking about Dude! Better yet, tell her that YOU think she was the best lookin chick out there! LOL. That will settle things down a bit at home for ya. :Rasta:

Update - Flower Day 63

When I checked the ladies earlier, Fatleaf was doing the thirsty routine again, she really sucks up everything I give her real quick. Watered her only this time and used an entire gallon of just water this time, to worn out to mess with the molasses! But I did pH the water! Had it coming out after a gallon at about 6.3. I'll water the others when they need it.

haha yea dude she was just trippin cuz i needed a ride to get meds and some grow stuff haha hates when i ask for those two and both at once bound to be drama but i got some mollasses some more soil and a bag now i just need to get the dolomite lime and cal mag couldn't afford it today wish i would've saved for a rainy day haha then i could've and just tell fat leaf if she wants to have a drinking problem your gonna send her to AA haha works on my plants everytime

Back
Top Bottom