Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

Looking pretty good brother. Why are you trying to keep the ph so high? I thought 6.0 was the sweet spot for soil? If it's 7 going in and 6.6 coming out then i would say your soil ph is 6.8 <ballpark>. If it were me i would just let it drop from here on out and only panic if the out ph is below 5.5 with 7.0 water. If i am wrong someone please explain why. Great pics brother keep up the good work.:bravo:

High Nic, thanks for stoppin in! I think in soil the pH should be ideally in the mid to upper 6's At 6.5 and over (I've read) all the nutrients can be absorbed. Please correct me quick if I'm wrong!

High Nic, thanks for stoppin in! I think in soil the pH should be ideally in the mid to upper 6's At 6.5 and over (I've read) all the nutrients can be absorbed. Please correct me quick if I'm wrong!

Yup Cervantes grow bible says 6.5-7.0 is best in soil. My bad, carry on.:reading420magazine:

pH_availability_chart.gif

I believe that this chart is dead on for soil, but can vary for some mediums like Coir or Rockwool. I Dunno.

Damn Woodsman, 104?? Phew. My lil' Girls were hot today too, but luckily I was here to crank the AC and blow on 'em. lol I think I;m going to have to reverse my girls days to nights sooner than I thought. every Degree counts.

I think that I've decided that Fatleaf is my favorite. I just like her structure, and seems to have nicely forming nugs. I bet those are getting dense. Is that the one that smells like Turpentine?

more side close-ups of the other girls buds??

:thumb::thumb::thumb::bongrip:

wow woods,
those girls look so neat...and they are beauts....makes me feel like ma kettle....great job:thumb:....just out roaming, and spreading +reps around...lavendar
come by when you get a minute...posted some new photos, you'll know what i mean about ma kettle and neat....your girls look terrific..:nicethread::yahoo::rollit:

Hey Woodsman your girls are looking good:thumb:, I especially like fat leaf her buds are really nice and starting fill out. It's been great watching your buds grow over the past few weeks and they remind me of my NL. I know the smell is getting strong and will get stronger, wait till you harvest them.
I can't believe you are on the down hill side now and it seems like time has flown by. It feels like it was yesterday when you were impatiently waiting for them to show sex. You're 2.5 weeks now from 8 weeks and 3.5 from 9 weeks, have you started to think about when you will take your first sample bud, I took my sample bud at 8 weeks for NL.

Looking great. No suggestions needed I think , you seem to have all under control. After studying those charts I would say 6.45 is perfect lol

Actually I find the ph a slight issue at times with the water or nute mixes changing quite significantly if it is left a few days you know? I will have to get start making up a mix per watering as oppose to a larger amount I think. I know I am being a little high then a little low here andd there which isnt the best practice Im sure. Have a little issue going in now, it may be Mg but suppose could be cos of the fluctuations in this ph. Still earning tho of course like many of us.

:thumb:

Hey Woodsman, I now wish (after reading for two hours) that I could have been here from the beginning. I have however learned more in the few days I have been a part of this site than in my last 35 years of life. Like you, I am very, very light on $. So you have definitely given me inspiration, along with many others here. Continued good luck to you, and to all who grace these pages!

Alright, the girls are outside in the sun again. I can't wait to get done with this indoor grow and get started with the outdoor! I think it is a tad easier outdoors, although with all my newly squired knowledge, it may be harder than it used to be! It has not been easy with all pH and nutrient issues I have and had. Still too many yellow leaves on mine and at 5 and a half weeks, its too early. I don't think that there are more leaves turning yellow, just from before. My plan of defoliating the bottom of the plants to accommodate the 'weak' lighting for my SOG, may not have been such a bright idea? I wonder if that is causing me to have these pH and nutrient issues. Some of my leaves have signs of a Boron Deficiency and I've got some eye drops with boric acid to combat this. I had forgotten to mention this last week (too many issues to remember). Classic though, with the rust color patches on the leaves. Just a few leaves actually so I followed the instructions and treated them with the eye drops. I also have some browning of the saw tooth edges of some of the leaves? I'll be checking on that. I'm just hoping to get to harvest before I kill'em or something! Probably not all that bad, but still a little worrisome for me. Fatleaf and Big Girl are the only ones affected my these maladies, the Runt is fine, just very slow in development! I don't know whether many of these problems are due to 'under fertilizing' the plants? Believe it or not I have never used more than half strength nutes (mostly 1/4 strength) and I've actually skipped some feedings because of some flushing and pH adjusting. For instance, when I was using my old soil meter after feeding, I would have to adjust the pH with so much water and lime that I would pretty much wash out the nutes I just fed them with! Yesterday when I watered them with molasses and a tiny bit of lime. I probably washed out most of the molasses in the process of trying to raise the pH. I really need to study how it's done. So I don't waste so much time effort and nutes in the process!.

Yup Cervantes grow bible says 6.5-7.0 is best in soil. My bad, carry on.:reading420magazine:

I just appreciate the fact that your looking out for me! Thanks

Looking good!! Keep the pict updates coming...

Trying my best NCal my friend!

pH_availability_chart.gif

I believe that this chart is dead on for soil, but can vary for some mediums like Coir or Rockwool. I Dunno.

Damn Woodsman, 104?? Phew. My lil' Girls were hot today too, but luckily I was here to crank the AC and blow on 'em. lol I think I;m going to have to reverse my girls days to nights sooner than I thought. every Degree counts.

I think that I've decided that Fatleaf is my favorite. I just like her structure, and seems to have nicely forming nugs. I bet those are getting dense. Is that the one that smells like Turpentine?

more side close-ups of the other girls buds??

:thumb::thumb::thumb::bongrip:
Thanks for the Reps Jason!
That is the chart that I got my figures from, thanks bud. Fatleaf smells like skunk (big time), Big Girl smells like tangerines and the Runt doesn't know what she wants to smell like! She was the one I believe that had the terpentine smell, but just checked her and I don't get much of a smell from her now. I may reverse my light cycle also.

wow woods,
those girls look so neat...and they are beauts....makes me feel like ma kettle....great job:thumb:....just out roaming, and spreading +reps around...lavendar
come by when you get a minute...posted some new photos, you'll know what i mean about ma kettle and neat....your girls look terrific..:nicethread::yahoo::rollit:
Thanks for the Reps Lavendar! I was over at your house (thread) earlier, not sure if I saw the new pics (shot term mem thing!) I'll check on ya later though! If'n your Ma, then I'm Pa! 'Ya Ma, I'll get right on it, just as soon as I remember what it was I was gonna do'. 'So don't be pushing me Ma or I'll have to start remembering from the beginning again!' LOL, love the Kettles!

Hey Woodsman your girls are looking good:thumb:, I especially like fat leaf her buds are really nice and starting fill out. It's been great watching your buds grow over the past few weeks and they remind me of my NL. I know the smell is getting strong and will get stronger, wait till you harvest them.
I can't believe you are on the down hill side now and it seems like time has flown by. It feels like it was yesterday when you were impatiently waiting for them to show sex. You're 2.5 weeks now from 8 weeks and 3.5 from 9 weeks, have you started to think about when you will take your first sample bud, I took my sample bud at 8 weeks for NL.

Time is flying that's for sure. As far as looking good, I'm not sure? You my friend are the NL#5 king! Anyone that wants to see some finished NL# take a look at Dreamin's thread!

Hi Woodsman Just stopped by to see what your up to. Glad they pointed you in the right way on the pH. Helped me too. Plants are looking good.
You sure your not over here? 104 degrees. Look Out!:ganjamon:

Our tiny cabin is so hot in the loft with out the a/c on. Even if it's only in the seventy's outside, It was most likely in the eighty's up there and with the heat from the lights ....104! Normally when it was not hot upstairs, the tent temp was from mid 80's to mid 90's. Like I mentioned earlier, I may reverse my day and night!

These plants look dope.

I take it 'dope means 'good'? I'm of the older generation Dank! Welcome to my thread and your more than welcome to educate me further into the modern age!

Looking great. No suggestions needed I think , you seem to have all under control. After studying those charts I would say 6.45 is perfect lol

Actually I find the ph a slight issue at times with the water or nute mixes changing quite significantly if it is left a few days you know? I will have to get start making up a mix per watering as oppose to a larger amount I think. I know I am being a little high then a little low here andd there which isnt the best practice Im sure. Have a little issue going in now, it may be Mg but suppose could be cos of the fluctuations in this ph. Still earning tho of course like many of us.

:thumb:

Brother, I am sooooo frustrated with getting the girls all pH'd correctly. Life is not easy anymore!

Thanks all see you later. Normally it's me that has to go to the Laundromat (that's right no washer/dryer here not even a place to put one if we had a hook up). Today my wife is going to do it. 'Why' you ask? Because I hurt my back setting up the supposedly easy (at least they say it is on TV) 'Total Gym'. Now that I got it set up, I need to use it everyday. So while my wife is doing the laundry (yaaa - cause I hate doing it), I'll be cooking some ribs on the grill outside ( on sale for 2.98 ) and baking for the first time in my life, a birthday cake for the wifes birthday tomorrow! It a carrot cake (her favorite). OK so what if it's in a box, I'm still more than capable of ruining it, somehow!

To the kitchen and the grill I go! Hopefully I'll be back later today.

Hey Woodsman, I now wish (after reading for two hours) that I could have been here from the beginning. I have however learned more in the few days I have been a part of this site than in my last 35 years of life. Like you, I am very, very light on $. So you have definitely given me inspiration, along with many others here. Continued good luck to you, and to all who grace these pages!

Sorry I didn't see your post. It took me so long to write the previous post that it turned spring outside and the flowers and the trees bloomed!

I'm gonna Rep you just for saying all those very nice things! Also for the fact that ya read the thread for two hours! I guess what someone would learn from this grow is what not to do and what is really needed to grow the stuff with the bare minimum of equipment. What I've learned though is that you need certain things like a pH kit, enough lighting. plenty of fans and good dirt and nutes. some of them aren't that expensive, but some can be. Plan well in advance, learn what you need and buy it or make it, and by all means 'read as much about growing as possible'. You seem to be on your way already! Thanks for joining us, you my friend are welcome here anytime!

tribesun, love your logo! Glad your here!

That is nice isn't it? MC my friend! I'm worn out! Before I hit the kitchen with my cake and the grill with the Ribs, I got to join all of you for a 'break'!

:Rasta: :bong: :bongrip: :smokin: :hmmmm: :ciao: :thedoubletake: :loopy: :rofl: :rollingeyes: :grinjoint: :slide: :smokin: :cheer:

hey woods stopped by to say hi and check on your grow.
i think i need to change my lights to on at nite.what are u supposed to,leave'm off for 24 then hit them the next nite to switch,what do you think. tell the missus i said Happy Birthday:nicethread:

hey woods stopped by to say hi and check on your grow.
i think i need to change my lights to on at nite.what are u supposed to,leave'm off for 24 then hit them the next nite to switch,what do you think. tell the missus i said Happy Birthday:nicethread:

Thanks Buddy, I'll tell the wife. I'm about to put the frosting on the cake now! Wish me luck.

Good question! I would imagine that it's better to give extra dark than to give extra light.

I know what you mean by turning spring, it warmed up here also, yesterday we were in the mid 70's, first time since September and I spent most of the day outside gardening and plan on the same today.
Please tell the misses Happy B-Day.

I know what you mean by turning spring, it warmed up here also, yesterday we were in the mid 70's, first time since September and I spent most of the day outside gardening and plan on the same today.
Please tell the misses Happy B-Day.

I love spring, best time of the year (except for harvest time). After being couped up in the cabin all winter, it's just great to walk around the property and smell the fresh spring air (and not a whole lot of mosquitoes yet). I'll tell my wife of your greetings. Thanks.

Dude, it hit like 82 here! Had to actually hit the AC when it started blazing through the windows. Lovin' it though! :)

Ya are thermometer hit 80 outside yesterday and although it is going to settle back to norm temps in a couple of days (60's days and 40's nights). It will eventually warm up for good.

Question for anyone

I've kept my plant outside for now yesterday and all night (temps at 59 last night) they are going to be out all day today and then I'll bring them in tonight (maybe rain overnight and then cooling for a few days). Is it OK to keep flowering plants outside in the early spring (weather permitting of course). Will it throw the plants out of cycle, and are the Sun's rays beneficial at this time? We have about 12 hours of daylight and they would get about 11 hour of direct sun right now. About a month to harvest.

It would be interesting to have one in and put one out for the 12 hour light period and see how they compared at harvest. I would only imagine it would help being out as much as possible. No matter what lighting system we use, they do not compare to the Sun in my opinion. If I can find a way of keeping one relatively stealthy outdoors for the "on" period and bringing it in at night I will try it. Of course it's probably been done a thousand times already, and as I'm a 'noob' at this I just don't know about it.

It would be interesting to have one in and put one out for the 12 hour light period and see how they compared at harvest. I would only imagine it would help being out as much as possible. No matter what lighting system we use, they do not compare to the Sun in my opinion. If I can find a way of keeping one relatively stealthy outdoors for the "on" period and bringing it in at night I will try it. Of course it's probably been done a thousand times already, and as I'm a 'noob' at this I just don't know about it.

It's worth a try if you can keep yours hidden. Just wondering about the kind of rays that come from the sun in the spring compared to late summer.

Back
Top Bottom