Woodsman's Northern Light #5 Grow

He Woodsman:thumb:

Could be the lights....I guess. Never saw orange. Could be the lights.
I didn't mean to insult you if I did on the explanation. Had to explain it to so many,
I just took it for granted to tell you.:smokin:

I know how feels taking a sample before its ready. If you find its what you want. Chop. If is not don't be discouraged. It will ripen. I actually had some I considered bad, but when it cured a month it was really good.

I thought your pictures were really good, Buddy.:cheer:

How are you both doing Woods? Hope to find you feeling as if a ray of warm sunshine shines down to warm you on a cold morning. Or at least as well as normal....:Rasta: Hopefully both are the same....;)

Are you feeling harvest tension? :grinjoint: Well don't, relax in the sure knowledge you are doing your utmost to be a good dad.

:slide: Ask your wife for a massage maybe...:cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace: brother.

haha yea dude she was just trippin cuz i needed a ride to get meds and some grow stuff haha hates when i ask for those two and both at once bound to be drama but i got some mollasses some more soil and a bag now i just need to get the dolomite lime and cal mag couldn't afford it today wish i would've saved for a rainy day haha then i could've and just tell fat leaf if she wants to have a drinking problem your gonna send her to AA haha works on my plants everytime

Hey Dude, sound like my wife with the attitude! Oh well, that's what ya get for having a good woman. Glad ya got some of the stuff. I think the lime was from Lowes and I have the Garden Lime which is the hydrated kind. Fatleaf will be attending meetings right up till her H day!.

He Woodsman:thumb:

Could be the lights....I guess. Never saw orange. Could be the lights.
I didn't mean to insult you if I did on the explanation. Had to explain it to so many,
I just took it for granted to tell you.:smokin:

I know how feels taking a sample before its ready. If you find its what you want. Chop. If is not don't be discouraged. It will ripen. I actually had some I considered bad, but when it cured a month it was really good.

I thought your pictures were really good, Buddy.:cheer:

OMM you are not insulting me! That's the wifes job! It's always good to know that I'm doing it the right way. I'm sure that Fatleaf will be a good smoke even if this early pic doesn't turn out great. I think it will be fine though and all the worry is not warranted.

How are you both doing Woods? Hope to find you feeling as if a ray of warm sunshine shines down to warm you on a cold morning. Or at least as well as normal....:Rasta: Hopefully both are the same....;)

Are you feeling harvest tension? :grinjoint: Well don't, relax in the sure knowledge you are doing your utmost to be a good dad.

:slide: Ask your wife for a massage maybe...:cheesygrinsmiley:

:peace: brother.

I'm pretty much recovered and the wife is definitely on the mend. We got a beautiful day outside after a few rainy ones so I'll be outside touching up the Jeep with some paint after I get some of the winter's rust off! It'll be nice being outdoors! I am actually more confident that this grow will be successful everyday as I see the ladies getting fuzzier and fuzzier.

:Rasta:

Had to reply to this post lol I got to love ya MC =)
Your right 100% a plant that gets stressed takes atleast 1 week to form nanners (male flowers) and atleast 1 week to mature and release pollen(also most strains are hard to stress into herming if they have been stress free up til late flowering). So no harm can be done in the last 2 weeks unless the plant was already in the process of producing male flowers and then you were getting a hermie anyway. Also the slight pollination of a female isnt that big a deal if the trichs are just about right for being chopped. In most cases a plant will actually go into a faster ripening and produce more crystals if pollinated in the week prior to harvest with no loss in potency or yield. So even the slight accidental pollination in the last week or two isnt that big oh deal. It takes most strains 4 weeks after pollination to produce seed. So anytime in the first week after pollination there isnt enuff seed formation to ever tell really. Geez I always end up typing a book when I just mean to comment sorry guys lol.

totally agree.....but have not tried it yet....what i did for the darkness was sit the plant out of the room and in front of fan with two garbage bags, black over her....a w. w.plant....did help....make sure no moisture accumulates in the bag tho....i left the bottom open:rollit:....so the fan could push a little air in, our rooms are dark around the huts anyway....and i have heard of torturing the plants, but, not for me....lavendar

Great pics Woodsman my friend. Glad you are enjoying using the camera. :thumb:

I miss taking all mine now I have changed the schedule to be dark for the plants during the day. I really need to get some brighter lights in the house to take more.

If you are in flowering dark hours and take them into daylight just for few minutes for soem photos do you think it will stress them out/do harm?

absolutely yes, i wouldnt do it....i have gone in with a green light to work in the room tho, and in emergencys have had to open it with green light....if it was over and over it would really be bad, but i wouldnt do it....imo...lavendar:peace:

wow,
that was a 5 page catch-up....started catching up on whats going on around me this eve....those plants look great....and are just doing what plants do...yep, the waiting is hard...and would love to say it gets easier, but it don't....even when you have enough to tide you thru...each one is a challenge...dang, those are good looking plants and very nice buds....should be proud for sure....put up more pics today, so if you get a moment drop by...and aging does make some better just like omm said....take my brain storm for example....talk about a dog....but shes fine now...what there is of her....glad you and wife are on the mend...got to run, later, lavendar:cheer::cheer::bravo:

Yea woodsy totally agree all the good ones are hard pressed in there ways lol and yeah dude instead of the lime i got a qt of pottasium silicate cuz i ran out of the sample jug a while ago and i rembered butch say that is raised PH and helped with high temps and i got a qtof some calmag+ so all should be well soon and thank you for your help:grinjoint:have you tried that pick of fatleaf yet?

Hey all! I'm sorry I'm absent a lot lately, just trying to catch up on chores that I've been unable to do since I got sick.

I like my ladies fuzzy too, really Fuzzy! Glad you two are feeling better:cheer::cheer:
Thank you my good friend! My wife was up and about today and I even caught her pulling weeds! I'm not sick any more and I'm getting stronger every day. Washed out some old planter pots earlier and dumped some soil onto our vegetable garden out back, I'm not quite up to tilling yet (all by hand and shovel). Most likely by the weekend I start it. We've got three rows about 10 to fifteen feet each that we'll plant some vegetables in. I will also have to start my remaining mazar seeds, I've got the SD bagseed in the seed starter tray and they are not up yet. I've got one bagseed that I planted last week that is up and in a 3 inch pot. Then I'm just waiting for the three NL's to finish so I can regenerate them out back. I'll be transplanting to larger pots when I get them out there. I can get away with maybe 3 or 4 plants on the back deck and the others may go in the ground (veg garden) or in pots just below the deck in the sun.

I've got so much stuff to do and I've been putting it all off while I was down. I've got to sell my fishing boat and so I've got to 'freshen it up' (big job). I got to get the rust off my wifes vehicle and paint. Just like mine I do hers every year after are winters.

wow,
that was a 5 page catch-up....started catching up on whats going on around me this eve....those plants look great....and are just doing what plants do...yep, the waiting is hard...and would love to say it gets easier, but it don't....even when you have enough to tide you thru...each one is a challenge...dang, those are good looking plants and very nice buds....should be proud for sure....put up more pics today, so if you get a moment drop by...and aging does make some better just like omm said....take my brain storm for example....talk about a dog....but shes fine now...what there is of her....glad you and wife are on the mend...got to run, later, lavendar:cheer::cheer::bravo:

Hi Lavendar, thanks for helping out the guys with your great advice!

I've been lagging in my posting lately (being busy - a good thing)

Thanks for your kind words ! Just over at your place and enjoyed it as I always do! Always great photos and great reports of sooooooo many different strains.

Yea woodsy totally agree all the good ones are hard pressed in there ways lol and yeah dude instead of the lime i got a qt of pottasium silicate cuz i ran out of the sample jug a while ago and i rembered butch say that is raised PH and helped with high temps and i got a qtof some calmag+ so all should be well soon and thank you for your help:grinjoint:have you tried that pick of fatleaf yet?

Glad you were able to get the stuff! Your ladies will love your for it. The little bud from fatleaf is still damp so maybe tomorrow. I don't want to quick dry it, I will let it hang dry before I smoke it. Can't wait to try all of them! They all smell so good and exotic!

I hear ya on the catch ups. Me I might miss alot but I do a speed read and look at the pic's. GL Wood.

Hey Wood! Always glad to see ya over here, I really need to reciprocate and visit your stuff! Just glad your here!

Hey all! I'm sorry I'm absent a lot lately, just trying to catch up on chores that I've been unable to do since I got sick.

Glad you were able to get the stuff! Your ladies will love your for it. The little bud from fatleaf is still damp so maybe tomorrow. I don't want to quick dry it, I will let it hang dry before I smoke it. Can't wait to try all of them! They all smell so good and exotic!

Hey woods sounds like you got a lot of chores to do man I feel yah on the hand tilling, gonna be doing that for my private paradise of outdoor buds on sunday all rake hand and shovel as well gotta string a chicken wire enclosure round it to not sure my dimensions but will see on sunday so i'll have to share some backpain wit yah lol and def let her dry the right way good call:bong: I'm glad the girls are all gettin exotic on yah thats how we like em;)

Update - Flower Day 67

So here I am into the 9th week of 12/12 and all is well, abet a little behind. Fatleaf just had it's second flush of pH'd water and Big Girl got her first flush of just water. I figure that I will force the issue a little by not adding any nutes to here. Both of those two are still a mix of clear and cloudy trichomes with Fatleaf having an amber one here and there. The Runt got a full dose of nutes today including the FFTB, Cal/Mag and molasses.

About a week ago that I had chopped Fatleaf's tiniest bud. Actually it was an entire stem (maybe 8 inches long). It was still immature with only clear and cloudy trichomes. Yesterday I tried it first thing in the morning. While the bud was dry the stem was still not 'crisp', but who cares, it was just a taste test!

Taste: slightly green of course with a sweet hint of hash
smell: green with a slightly sweet odor
ash: pure white (no flush!)
high: Sitting in the shade as it was a beautiful sunny day. The birds were singing and the tress were gently moving in the light breeze, within moments I found myself in a trance-like state were I don't think I blinked for a long while. Just felt tuned in to the sounds and sights of the natural world around me. After a half hour or so, I got up and started digging in the garden! Got all kinds of energy all of a sudden! All in all I liked the effect, but for the life of me, I don't know why I got up to work? I had been having a great old time just sitting and enjoying the nature? Go figure! Can't wait till it gets more amber so I can harvest and it gets time to cure.

OK so here are some photos from earlier today when I took the girls out onto the front porch (shade) to flush and feed (we are very secluded so the front porch is fine)

Big Girl

Big_Girl5.JPG

Big Girl

Big_GirlA.JPG

Big Girls Main Cola - the actual buddage is about 3.5 inches thick.

Big_Girl_s_Main_Cola.JPG

Fatleaf

Fatleaf6.JPG

Just the top of Fatleaf's Main Cola

Fatleaf_s_Main_Cola3.JPG

Fatleaf's Main Cola - She extends from the bottom of the stem all the way to the top.

Fatleaf_s_Main_Cola_runs_entire_length_of_the_stem_.JPG

The Runt - She didn't want me to take any photos of her! She was still droopy from thirst and need of some refreshment. She got a full dose!

The_Runt2.JPG

The Runt's Main Cola

Runt_s_Main_Cola.JPG

Lastly a couple of close ups from one of Big Girls tiny budlings.

Lower_Bud_on_Big_Girl.JPG

Lower_Bud_on_Big_Girl_-_close_up.JPG

The ladies look great and potent Woods!
Sounds like yesterday you had a great day with the first tokes from your magical garden. I'm rollin up a doobie for ya right now woods! And everyone else here on 420:peace:

Thanks Jacob I'm feeling your buzz now!

Hey, I've got to apologize to you and many others here for not doing enough 'visiting around' lately on your grows!

Just finding it hard to get the time to sit and do it! Weather is nice now and too many things to be done! I will try to get around the block more!:Rasta:

Thanks Jacob I'm feeling your buzz now!

Hey, I've got to apologize to you and many others here for not doing enough 'visiting around' lately on your grows!

Just finding it hard to get the time to sit and do it! Weather is nice now and too many things to be done! I will try to get around the block more!:Rasta:

It's springtime man, do what you need to do. I like to sneak away at work to visit the sites, but can't comment as much as I'd like. And when I say
'sneak away' I'm really just switching to the 420 tab on my browser.

Hey woods,i enjoyed the details of your test smoke,almost as much as you did smoking it lol.Great grow my friend.+ reps if i can:smokin::peacetwo:

Hello my friend, ya it's kind of spacey but needs to get more of a kick. We'll see what it's like with some amber! Thanks for the reps, don't worry if ya can't!

Congratulations on a great harvest over at your place and good luck on your new grow! I'll be there for sure:Rasta:

It's springtime man, do what you need to do. I like to sneak away at work to visit the sites, but can't comment as much as I'd like. And when I say
'sneak away' I'm really just switching to the 420 tab on my browser.

I guess I got used to posting a lot during the cold months of winter and now can't keep up the same pace. Between catching up with outdoor chores and spending 'quality time' with my wife (which I enjoy) things are just nice and busy.

Trying to get the garden and the outdoor grow in gear!

I made it over finally...I read slow....:roorrip:read, space, read a little more...:Rasta:

Hey I seen something on your buds......BEAUTY!!!

The buds are really looking tasty bro, great job and still going too...any amber yet?

:peace: Woods, my friend.

woods,
beautiful plants and great report....remember when you asked me if i really could get that speedy med witha indica, and i said yeah,.....it isnt as much, but i still say yes, and you just got it....now....dont work yourself to death...both hubby and i have been smoking nothing else for about a wk, and the work getting done is unbelievable....but with it comes the pain in the eve...out come the amber t's....and sleep....anyway, it is looking great....really happy for you, and...you're getting the garden done...talk to ya later, lavendar....been real busy here also...:thumb:

Woodsman.....WOW! :thumb:

Man, you take better pictures with that thing than I did! Just beautiful!:grinjoint:

Loved the smoke report...I was sitting there with you, serene and at peace with nature.:yummy:

Wham, speed rush, up and working. amazing.:surf: More amber please;)

I think Big Girl is going to be the one that will really give you a bountiful harvest from the looks of it, but you never know.;)

Spring is great! I stay out side as much as possible. I even volunteered to help Joanne plant flowers out front. We have an 9' round place in cement out front that hasn't been used for years. We're gonna try to make it flower heaven.:grinjoint:

Your sooooo close now and then you will have that stash to use while you grow outside. Wonderful Buddy!:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom