Wrenn's Grow: x4 HSO Raspberry Diesel In DBHBB 10/2018

Thanks for following along Neiko & Doc. Will have some updates soon. My seeds will be finished in the paper towels this afternoon.

All 4 have taproots showing. I plan on potting them into the 8inch pots. Only thing is they won’t have access to HB soil for two more weeks.

Another option is I can throw them into Solo cups filled with Plain Promix HP + 15-20% EWC. Then up pot into the 1Gal pots of Cooked HB Soil in two weeks.

What do you guys think is the better option here ?

Sounds good! I’ll keep an eye out for it. I have grown some Bubba Kush autos by HSO and they did not disappoint. I’m a fan of their genetics. I plan on growing some Master Kush , Mango Sapphire and a couple other strains in Doc’s Kit.

The High Brix plants sure do look sexy:drool: Thanks for following, I’ll have my first update up by the end of the weekend.

:ganjamon: Happy Friday 420 Fam!

The best option would have been HB soil and not to germinate the seeds in paper towell.....

The NEXT best option would be to use the Promix and EWC, but I'd only use a couple tablespoons of it in a solo cup. Use Roots! too of course. You'll be just fine doing it that way.

Subbing up. :goodluck:

Thx for following SF :Namaste:

The best option would have been HB soil and not to germinate the seeds in paper towell.....

The NEXT best option would be to use the Promix and EWC, but I'd only use a couple tablespoons of it in a solo cup. Use Roots! too of course. You'll be just fine doing it that way.

Yeah I wanted to wait for the soil but having a empty tent was killing me. Next run I won’t have this problem.

Ok sounds good Doc. I’ll use the Solo cups with a couple tbl spoons of EWC and a nice pinch of roots in the hole I drop the seeds into.

How long do you think the 2 spoons of EWC and the roots will “feed” the Solo cups volume of soil for ? I’m assuming I should wait till the Solo cups are full of nice roots and then up pot into the 1 Gal pot?

Or should I go right into a 7gal ? I’m unsure about how long the seedlings will take to fill the Solo cups up with roots.

You made a very good decision to try out DBHB, dont expect to have much to do ;)
and you can pack up your PPM & PH equipment for good.

You are now FREE to upgrade/Dial-in your environment (thats were you will be spending all your energy)
and that is were the most improvement will help. My first DBHB Grow I had user error but still had a
great harvest, second grow I corrected the error and had an Awesome result, now this grow I have spent
all my free time ( a lot of free time) upping my game on the HUMIDITY / ENVIRONMENT and its just to EASY
NOW

Oh BTW I would recommend using 10g plastic pot for finish, the felt pots work find but I found they
AIR PRUNE to well and I dont see major root development like I do in the plastic. OH I recommend the
10g because it looks like you are running 100% SATIVA and suspect the extra soil will help with the
extended flower time

Thx for following SF :Namaste:

Yeah I wanted to wait for the soil but having a empty tent was killing me. Next run I won’t have this problem.

Ok sounds good Doc. I’ll use the Solo cups with a couple tbl spoons of EWC and a nice pinch of roots in the hole I drop the seeds into.

How long do you think the 2 spoons of EWC and the roots will “feed” the Solo cups volume of soil for ? I’m assuming I should wait till the Solo cups are full of nice roots and then up pot into the 1 Gal pot?

Or should I go right into a 7gal ? I’m unsure about how long the seedlings will take to fill the Solo cups up with roots.

EDIT: If you go with the FELT FINISH pot it may be a good idea to put it in one of those plastic milk cartoon
holders, the ones with the open sides. This is because If or when you need to move them they will stabilize
the soil a bit better than just the thin felt bag pot can do

You made a very good decision to try out DBHB, dont expect to have much to do ;)
and you can pack up your PPM & PH equipment for good.

You are now FREE to upgrade/Dial-in your environment (thats were you will be spending all your energy)
and that is were the most improvement will help. My first DBHB Grow I had user error but still had a
great harvest, second grow I corrected the error and had an Awesome result, now this grow I have spent
all my free time ( a lot of free time) upping my game on the HUMIDITY / ENVIRONMENT and its just to EASY
NOW

Oh BTW I would recommend using 10g plastic pot for finish, the felt pots work find but I found they
AIR PRUNE to well and I dont see major root development like I do in the plastic. OH I recommend the
10g because it looks like you are running 100% SATIVA and suspect the extra soil will help with the
extended flower time

Haha yup they are now retired!

I expect to make some errors. Already have by being impatient and not following Doc’s instructions on germinating in the Kit soil.

I intend fully to address my environment issues. Not that mine are bad they just aren’t fully controlled like they could be.

I will need a large volume humidifier to get the plants the optimal RH during veg. The cold weather is here and RH in homes are dropping fast.

I found a few options. I could do a whole home humidifier that installs into my furnace but I don’t need 50-60% RH all over my home so that is wasteful. I figure a free standing unit for $150-250 will control my basement room the tent is in just fine.

My tent is only a 3x3 so I’m worried 10gal pots will be too big. The 7gal pots I have now fit with about 4inches in between each pot and the next or the tent walls. Some diagonal distances are more like 6-8 inches but it’s quite packed.

U think I could push 10gal pots? I like the fabric pots because they will dry out faster and I use saucers that have bamboo sticks cut so the pot gets air to all the surface area on the bottom.

On the other hand I agree that the air pruning won’t help grow the roots as big in diameter for big uptake.

I have some pics of the tent with the 7gal pots inside as reference for space. I’ll share these asap so you guys can see. I also have plastic 7gal pots so I could use them and drill more holes all over the bottom / sides.

Thanks for the input Gazoo. Will take these points into careful consideration moving forward.

Haha yup they are now retired!

I expect to make some errors. Already have by being impatient and not following Doc’s instructions on germinating in the Kit soil.

I intend fully to address my environment issues. Not that mine are bad they just aren’t fully controlled like they could be.

I will need a large volume humidifier to get the plants the optimal RH during veg. The cold weather is here and RH in homes are dropping fast.

I found a few options. I could do a whole home humidifier that installs into my furnace but I don’t need 50-60% RH all over my home so that is wasteful. I figure a free standing unit for $150-250 will control my basement room the tent is in just fine.

My tent is only a 3x3 so I’m worried 10gal pots will be too big. The 7gal pots I have now fit with about 4inches in between each pot and the next or the tent walls. Some diagonal distances are more like 6-8 inches but it’s quite packed.

U think I could push 10gal pots? I like the fabric pots because they will dry out faster and I use saucers that have bamboo sticks cut so the pot gets air to all the surface area on the bottom.

On the other hand I agree that the air pruning won’t help grow the roots as big in diameter for big uptake.

I have some pics of the tent with the 7gal pots inside as reference for space. I also have plastic 7gal pots so I could use them and drill more holes all over the bottom / sides.

Thanks for the input Gazoo. Will take these points into careful consideration moving forward.

I have a MicroGrow in a 2 X 4 X 7' Ft tall, I can run 3 Sevens or 2 Tens, using individual SCROG Nets the
canopy net is 2 x 3 and if I let the branches up around the sides its the MAX 2 x4 area. Some pictures
available in my journal (link in sig)

EDIT: If you go with the FELT FINISH pot it may be a good idea to put it in one of those plastic milk cartoon
holders, the ones with the open sides. This is because If or when you need to move them they will stabilize
the soil a bit better than just the thin felt bag pot can do

Yeah this is another worry with bigger felt pots. I’ve only used 3/5 Gal so far. The 7/10 are going to be much heavier when saturated. My back is going to hate this. I wonder if there is a way to automate the watering when using Doc’s Kit. I have ambitions of a garden that sprays the foliars automatically and the waterings get mixed up with dosers that can mix up a Drench and then deliver a certain amount of water to the saucer for bottom feed and then the other half to the pots topside.

When the plants are small and we drench we could use a flood tray and ebb and flow type feed.

I guess I’m just being lazy though!

Cheers Gazoo hope you have a stellar weekend! Time to get home and check my seeds out. :slide:

I have a MicroGrow in a 2 X 4 X 7' Ft tall, I can run 3 Sevens or 2 Tens, using individual SCROG Nets the
canopy net is 2 x 3 and if I let the branches up around the sides its the MAX 2 x4 area. Some pictures
available in my journal (link in sig)

I’ve seen and enjoyed watching your grows. Your cabinet iirc is utilizing the space really well. With my novice gardening skills I’m a bit worried how I would control the plants to not get things over grown in there. But I reckon your right and I could do 4 ten gallon pots without much issues.

I’ll go get some 10gal pots before the soil is done cooking. So I have the option. Will need them down the road for when I get a bigger tent.

Yeah this is another worry with bigger felt pots. I’ve only used 3/5 Gal so far. The 7/10 are going to be much heavier when saturated. My back is going to hate this. I wonder if there is a way to automate the watering when using Doc’s Kit. I have ambitions of a garden that sprays the foliars automatically and the waterings get mixed up with dosers that can mix up a Drench and then deliver a certain amount of water to the saucer for bottom feed and then the other half to the pots topside.

When the plants are small and we drench we could use a flood tray and ebb and flow type feed.

I guess I’m just being lazy though!

Cheers Gazoo hope you have a stellar weekend! Time to get home and check my seeds out. :slide:

Ha Ha check out my journal for AUTO SLOW drip ring watering Its plug and play if thats
what your looking for I tend to stay and watch it takes apporx 1 hr for 20 cups liquid into my 10s

Ha Ha check out my journal for AUTO SLOW drip ring watering Its plug and play if thats
what your looking for I tend to stay and watch it takes apporx 1 hr for 20 cups liquid into my 10s

Will do, and I don’t mind monitoring wise doing other tasks down in the basement. Heck even if it’s just every other watering for the straight RO. That’s a lot of work not done by hand. Thanks again :Namaste:

Howdy everyone, had a long night trimming up a couple plants. Hope everyone is doing well.

Updates from my garden,

I checked on my four seeds in papertowel and all four had taproots. Only about 1/3 of a CM to 1CM. But not bad.

I mixed two tablespoons of EWC with Promix HP for each little pot. They weren’t Solo cups but they are close to the same size.

46D348AF-CA28-4F26-921F-487B1077FF00.jpeg

213B1BD6-B834-4C92-BDEF-5A4DAB93AE4A.jpeg

13504523-F8AB-4B51-8D11-BC6F3F021D0C.jpeg

2E46DA50-9137-43E6-A3A7-313D5D525D62.jpeg

Current temp is 78f and 45-55% RH

RH has been plummeting in my house this week. Outside temps are down to freezing at night and highs of 5-10c. I need to go get a humidifier sooner then later.

Currently using a small room unit and it’s tank only holds around a gallon. Lasts like 18hrs. My tent is around 50% RH with this on its higher setting. The lower setting would last about 24hr but hardly boosted the RH to 40%. Def need a bigger tank for when I’m away from the house.

Ambient RH was down to 28-30% this morning o_O

Just checked the little pots out. None are up yet so will check again tomorrow.

Howdy everyone, had a long night trimming up a couple plants. Hope everyone is doing well.

Updates from my garden,

I checked on my four seeds in papertowel and all four had taproots. Only about 1/3 of a CM to 1CM. But not bad.

I mixed two tablespoons of EWC with Promix HP for each little pot. They weren’t Solo cups but they are close to the same size.

46D348AF-CA28-4F26-921F-487B1077FF00.jpeg

213B1BD6-B834-4C92-BDEF-5A4DAB93AE4A.jpeg

13504523-F8AB-4B51-8D11-BC6F3F021D0C.jpeg

2E46DA50-9137-43E6-A3A7-313D5D525D62.jpeg

Current temp is 78f and 45-55% RH

RH has been plummeting in my house this week. Outside temps are down to freezing at night and highs of 5-10c. I need to go get a humidifier sooner then later.

Currently using a small room unit and it’s tank only holds around a gallon. Lasts like 18hrs. My tent is around 50% RH with this on its higher setting. The lower setting would last about 24hr but hardly boosted the RH to 40%. Def need a bigger tank for when I’m away from the house.

Ambient RH was down to 28-30% this morning o_O

Just checked the little pots out. None are up yet so will check again tomorrow.

In veg I at times need to run 4 Humidifiers to keep the Humidity at or near 60%
3 small 1 gallon humidifiers and larger room humidifier

Oh I use my RO (Revers osmosis) WATER in my humidifiers to keep the WHITE calcium powder
that settles on everything out of my tent and out of my CARBON filter

Oh one last point I have found the FAR RED 730NM will cause Algae to grow in the water tanks
seems algae grows best and fastest under far-red light. I started to cover the tanks with small
towels to keep it from being a problem

Damn and I thought I was the only one always babysitting the small little Huey’s. I bet it’s going to take some real effort to get my utility room in my basement at a constant 60% much like your place Gazoo.

The furnace itself is blazing warm / dry air now. And the room my tent sits in is not small. And has our washer / dryer there. Which we are always using. So that’s more heat and dry air.

My fav time to grow in my home is spring veg into summer and harvest in fall. Seems like I hardly need to run anything. Ambient are almost always close to ideal.

Winter sucks here in Canada. Even indoors! I found a unit at Lowe’s. Only holds 3.6gal but I’m hoping that can last 36hrs. I only use RO in my Huey with a few drops of Bleach. This helps bacteria not building up and no residue is left over from hard water.

Oh I use my RO (Revers osmosis) WATER in my humidifiers to keep the WHITE calcium powder
that settles on everything out of my tent and out of my CARBON filter

Oh one last point I have found the FAR RED 730NM will cause Algae to grow in the water tanks
seems algae grows best and fastest under far-red light. I started to cover the tanks with small
towels to keep it from being a problem

Thanks for the info I’ll start to cover my water tanks aswell if they are exposed to the lights. Did not know that.

Cheers Gazoo!

Thanks for the info I’ll start to cover my water tanks aswell if they are exposed to the lights. Did not know that.

Cheers Gazoo!

No problem I noticed prior to using the FAR-Red i ONLY had to clean the tanks maybe once a month but as
soon as I added the far-red it was like only a few days, did some research on Algae and found studys
that confirmed ALGAE grows BEST under red light

No problem I noticed prior to using the FAR-Red i ONLY had to clean the tanks maybe once a month but as
soon as I added the far-red it was like only a few days, did some research on Algae and found studys
that confirmed ALGAE grows BEST under red light

Ahh ok I don’t have any supplemental light that has just far reds. Though my perfect Sun Dwarf Star does have a few diodes that are IR. I’ll make sure I clean my tanks out every few weeks.

How are you liking the far reds ? We’re they worth the trouble to include them into your garden ?

A few friends of mine growing have been telling me about some UVA/B supplemental lights and far reds. My tent is a little crammed up top but I’m always open to improvements in Enviornment.

I use the following and really like the FAR-RED, to early to say for sure but looks like I will
be able to shorten flower by about a week or so ? Also the Far-red pucks are a nice advantage
when I need to go in at lights out, I do use green lights during those times but I do get a flash
of day light when I open the door, What I do now is turn on the FAR-REDS for 15 minutes after
I leave to put them back to sleep sooner ;)

Oh I just noticed the Sun-rise / Sun-set scheduled listed below was for VEG, the times
are now set for FLOWER at 11on / 13 off (same sun-rise timing, Night fall has been re-set for flower)

HORTILUX T5s are available IN UVA/B Full spectrum. actully all my T5s SPECTRUM Bulbs are Hortilux

LIGHTING
16 On / 8 Off Veg & 11 On / 13 Off Flower
using SUN-RISE & SUN_SET Schedule

LIGHTS USED

..HID 1 Each 400W MH (Veg) 400W HPS (Flower).....................................
...... T5.. 2 Each 660nm (2ft each) Sun-Rise only Veg & stays On for Flower..
.................................2 Each 420nm (2ft each) Veg & replaced with Full spectrum Flower .... ..............
..2 Each 460nm (2ft each) Veg & replaced with 633 Flower....
.3 Each UVA/B Full Spectrum (2ft each)...................................
FAR-RED LED PUCKS 2 Each FAR-RED (730nm)..............................................................................................

TOTAL = 616w (Not counting the far-red)

SUN-RISE
SCHEDULE

660 NM T5's ON at 9:45 PM
T5's (420, 460, UVA & B) ON at 10:00 PM
MH ON at 10:10 PM
660 NM T5's OFF at 10:15 PM
----------------------------
SUN-SET
SCHEDULE

FAR RED LED's (730NM I think) ON at 2:00 PM
MH OFF at 2:10 PM