Zamal Reunion

Sativas are more mold resistant than Indicas and can withstand the heat of Summer, when the inline fans cranked up to full speed still leaves my units at 85 degrees F or more. Spring and Summer are the seasons for grey mold spores to become active. Because of this and having to water more in my units due to evaporation from the excessive heat at that time of year, mold becomes hard to control. Winter conditions here leave me with very good unit temp and rH control and the grey mold season is well over by Fall. My grower's decision to do mostly Sativa and Sativa dominant strains in the Summer and Indica/Indica dom strains in the Winter came out of that, SmokesDaKush.

Don't mold on me, Ethel! ;)

Zamal Reunion (5 weeks and 4 days of bloom lighting):

0042194.JPG

Top of the Super Critical Haze (6 weeks and 1 day of bloom lighting):

0022440.JPG

I forgot to take a pic of the other Zamal Reunion :bigblush: I'll get one up soon.

Whole tent (sorry 'bout the crappy camera setting):

0012499.JPG

Zamal Reunion (both are 6 weeks and 2 days from flip), getting curly at the tops from being taller than the light and out of the good zone:

0032345.JPG

Top of the Super Critical Haze at 6 weeks and 6 days from flip (man, I wish I had this one to do over), also out of the good light zone:

0042199.JPG

Other Zamal Reunion, thickening up and not as yellow as it looks (close to that though, and I burned one of the tops from the plant tilting and getting about 4" from the bulb):

0052068.JPG

Note: The Super Critical Haze plant above is ready for chop. I didn't realize it, but remembering the situation more I realized this plant went into flower prior to the 11.5/12.5 bloom schedule I put it under. Yesterday was 8 weeks and 3 days of bloom with about a week of flowering before that. There's no growth and every hair on it from top to bottom is brown. It's hard to see in the back of the unit and some strains don't have highly visible hairs, so I didn't notice. I'll get a pic up later; I like the frosty look of the buds.

Chopping the SCH today! :) I took these pics last night; here's the whole in-need-of-air-circulation tent (that's coming soon, by the way):

0022466.JPG

Both Zamal Reunion plants ran a branch into the lens of my air cooled reflector and burnt the tips of them up. My fault for not watching them closer and supporting the bushy one; it got too tall and fell into the light..... :(

0071729.JPG
0081572.JPG

That first one got it worse than the second, but I couldn't get the pic to show it. This pic of one of the Zamal Reunion branches is too light, but it shows how bad the heat is at the top of this unit:

0091403.JPG

Some Zamal Reunion buds that are in a more friendly part of the light and heat zone :)

0101293.JPG

More pics soon.....

Super Critical Haze:

0012532.JPG
0022472.JPG

The smell right now is about 60% dill weed and 40% citrus and the taste is close to the same. I'm smoking a blunt of it right now, got it about 1/3 gone, and I got a good buzz. I would definitely do the strain again, but I'd rather do it outside.

Notes: The Zamal Reunion plant I put in the dark a few days ago still has a lot of white hairs on it, so I'm going to let it set in the dark until Monday.
The other one is looking rough from being dried up a few times. The roots take up the whole grow bag and I can't even poke my finger through the top of the soil to make holes for the water to drain through, so it runs off the top of the soil and down the sides of the rootball where it runs out the bottom of the bag. It's got about 1-2 weeks and it'll die I'm thinking.

Nanner tossin' Zamal Reunion plant (just now chopped down):

0012543.JPG
0022483.JPG

I'll get between 2-3 oh-zees off it I'm sure. :) I plucked a good bit of the leaves off the buds and colas by hand and I'm going to let them dry on short sections of the stem they were on (12-14"). I'll post a dry weight when it's ready.

Zamal Reunion buzz report - It's not as strong as I'd like, but it's the first pot I've done so far that is definitely all headbuzz as opposed to body. It should cure out better. I would definitely do this strain again (if they put the seeds out again). I'll do a little better description and a few pics as soon as it dries the rest of the way. I'll try to get a pic of the last one going in this grow too.

Here's the other Zamal Reunion plant, beat to Hell from the heat of this tent and self-defoliating:

0091421.JPG

Temps and humidity are under control now that I put air circulation in with a carbon filter (not that it gonna do this one any good), but using the tent as a plenum has it under negative pressure; I need to get that outside plenum built.

Zamal Reunion - final weight on the prematurely chopped plant that hermied was 2.85 oh-zees :thumb:

0012557.JPG

I picked some of the leaves out and cut the nugs and smaller buds off the stems:

0022496.JPG

That's after smoking two fat blunts and a doob from it. I'm smoking the second blunt right now and have it down to about an inch long. It's all headbuzz; I can't wait to see what the fully mature one smokes like :) just a little trippy which I like it should cure good too. I see why these type Sativas need a long cure. The aromatic wood taste is a bit hard on the throat but behind it is a pure hash flavor :yummy:
I fed the last one again last night. It looks pretty rough but it's still 90-95% white hairs so it's gonna be a few weeks. If I get a chance today, I'll post pics of the top 4 colas that I left intact and put in a jar by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom