Zamal Reunion

Not a good shot, but here they are. The SCH is on the left side in the back, and the Zamal Reunion plants are on the right side front and back (the others are odds and ends stuff):

0012434.JPG

Ya know the zamal is said to be w tight internodes and a dense secondary and tertiary branching habit ( via seedfinder.EU) yet I don't see that yet on yours. I'm holding the zamaldelica seed on the back burner till I see how yours pans out as you are a better grower than I am lol. I have enough barely hanging on as it is. Do you think your plant's branching habit is a phenotype's genetic expression or just lack of equatorial solar intensity? Over all are ya happy w it? Looking good and def not knocking it, esp w the last harvest being a half ounce mercy harvest ( my first auto. Great herb shitty grower lol).

I'll try to get a good pic up of the non-deformed Zamal Reunion plant tonight. Personally, I think that one fits the description you just gave with the exception of the tertiary branch growth, which will probably take off now that it's in flower.
I think that the weak lighting somewhat does what you're saying; it brings out different expressions, maybe more Indica-like. Running them at 14/0 veg (which didn't stop them from flowering all the way but came close) probably contributed to that expression, too. They were under that 250 watt Agrosun too long for the size they were. I'm hoping they express more Sativa-like traits as they mature under this 600 watt HPS. And without turning hermie. :)

Here they are a little further along :) The first Zamal Reunion:

0012444.JPG

The second Zamal Reunion (should have turned down the flash):

0022387.JPG

I should top this Super Critical Haze:

0032288.JPG

I'll get close-ups the next time; the flowers are starting to form now.

Well this one ain't close up, but it shows the plant well. Zamal Reunion:

0032293.JPG

This one's a little closer up. Top of other Zamal Reunion:

0042153.JPG

The top of the Super Critical Haze (I'll get a full grow unit pic up soon to show it; this thing's getting big):

0052025.JPG

Going okay so far I guess.

Gettin' a little thicker in there:

0012468.JPG

They're showing a lot of pics of Re union eyeland lately due to current events I keep looking in the background to see if either one of these pops up :) Zamal Reunion:

0061815.JPG

Other Zamal Reunion (I had to top this one it grew over the light fixture):

0052044.JPG

This Super Critical Haze is looking pretty good so far:

0042171.JPG

Post more pics soon.

Note: I fed these tonight (week 5 of GO's nute program). The bushy Zamal Reunion and the Super Critical Haze look pale, and the thinner Zamal Reunion looks normal so they should be okay for a feeding. I've got a Mekong High plant (about as far along as these) and a SLH x Blueberry reveg (the one in the pic that has buds) that I fed also; they both looked pale too. In a day or two I'll take more pics; they're starting to flower out nicely. :)

Here's why I decided to roll the dice with these on the sulfur evaporator and not use it, SmokesDaKush. The strain description for SCH:

Haze genetics are principally known for their tropical origin, their rapid growth and their high psychoactivity. However, there is another fundamental characteristic that makes it such an appreciated variety: its wonderful, unique flavour. A combination of spices, incense, sandalwood, pepper and hints of lemon, with a strong aftertaste; this is the luxury that can be obtained from this delicious genetic breed by the few privileged cultivators willing to put in hours of work. Some time ago, we were able to get our hands on a very high quality sativa Haze, thanks to the cultivator community JYD. It was the best quality we had ever had the chance to see: 12 week flowering, extraordinary taste, very complex, persistent...in short, delicious. Furthermore, the strain has an effect that without a doubt is the most extreme of all our selection of mother-plants. It can be defined as energetic, very psychoactive. On some occasions, it can be very intense and overpowering, and disappears without leaving a relaxed feeling due to a low CBD content. Therefore, we had its taste and effect and also its resistance to fungus. What better partner for the highly productive Critical+, which has proved to be an authentic Fórmula-1 for commercial production? We used the sativa as the mother plant in order to obtain its special flavour, and at the same time the highest psychoactivity possible, achieving a result to be proud of: a percentage of the plants developed an extremely special flavour as a result of the mixture with the fruity flavour of the Critical+, apart from having a reasonably rapid growth -10 weeks to maturity- which makes them interesting for outdoor cultivation. The haze genetics contained in this variety obviously make it highly resistant to mildew, and therefore it is adequate for cultivating in cold wet areas where plants can be affected by fungus. The combination of resistance, productivity, strength and taste in the SCH, turn it into a first-class variety. It grows extremely vigorously, and is therefore appropriate for cultivation in larger areas, such as outdoors –with an appropriate climate- , but not quite as recommendable for indoor cultivation. In indoor cultivation directly from the seed, the plant tends to stretch excessively and requires pruning or other means of size-control, for example techniques such as Screen of Green (SCROG). They devour nutrients and need abundant iron and all the light they can possibly get. In exchange they will give enormous buds covered in thick crystals of resin with an incredible aroma to juicy fruit chewing gum and an active effect which is totally overpowering.

One of the strain descriptions for Zamal Reunion:

Zamal Reunion Regular by Seeds of Africa originates from the Indian Ocean Island La Reunion. It grows well in this humid region and yields massively well under lights.
It has a sativa buzz and is indicative of this African strain, from its purest genetic these seeds have been developed for the discerning cannabis seed collector.
This Tropical Sativa marijuana plant is renowned for its colossal size. Big buds, A Lot of branches , highly populated bud clusters with a massive yield.
Zamal has a strong spicy hash flavor to go along with its unique and intense weed high. Excellent for cross pollination.

Lol, fair enough PotChimp! With all the projects you have going, I wasn't sure what space their sharing who with. :) I think even I got confused and thought it was Zamal but, that one is covered too. SCH is stacking a mighty fine cola there! I hope she holds true and you get to enjoy all of her, both of em. :)

I gotta say though, that description sounds a lot like my first Chemdawg pheno, just swap the lemon for a grapefruit and that after taste was gassy. It was really frosty and always made me reminisce on wood shop for some reason. Not juicy fruit though.

Back
Top Bottom