Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

Shrike

Hello my fellow 420 Mag friends and a very special hello to all my fellow Doc Bud High Brix friends.:welcome:

I wanted to get this journal started for awhile now, but always seemed to have something happen to stall it. Well, no more delays, so here we go!

First off, I have to give thanks to Doc Bud for developing his High Brix Kit and then offering it to all of us at a really reasonable cost.
THANK YOU DOC! :goodjob:

A little about me...I've been growing for about the last four years. My past grows were in Hempy Buckets, using MH and HPS lights in a 4x4 tent. I had great success with that method and probably grew out about 20+ different strains. They were all great smokes/vapes, but now it is time to up my game. I am very interested in quality over quantity and I believe from seeing all the great grows using Doc's High Brix Kit that this is the way to achieve that goal.

Anyways...here we go...

What strains are they? ..............9 Lb Hammer (TGA), Petroleum Nightmare (Sin City), Sour Strawberry (B.O.G.)
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?.............Hybrids
Veg or Flower stage?..................Veg
Indoor or outdoor?.....................Indoor
Soil or Hydro?............................Doc Bud's High Brix Soil
What is in your mix?
..............................................Pro-Mix HP 3.8cf
..............................................30Lbs Earth Worm Castings
..............................................Doc Bud's Soil Amendment (Comes in the kit)
What size pot?...........................(.3 gal) Air-pots>>>(2 gal) Air-Pots>>>(7 gal) Air-Pots
Size of light?.............................PlatinumLed P900 (2 of them)
Tent size..................................5x5x8 Gorilla Tent
Is it air cooled?..........................Yes. Units have internal fans
Temp of Room/cab?....................Day=77-80 Night=67-70
RH of Room/cab?........................40% to 60%
PH of media...............................Don't know and don't care with Doc's Kit
Any Pests?................................None
Watering Schedule?....................As necessary

O.K...let me get up some pic's of the grow from the beginning, and I will add more over the next day or so. I am currently on the 21st day of the VEG cycle...

The Gorilla tent
DSCN05728.jpg

Here is a first look at the seedlings that were in Rapid Rooters just transplanted into (.3 gal) Air-Pots
DSCN05738.jpg

The left row is 9lb Hammers, middle row is Petroleum Nightmare and right row is Sour Strawberry

...more pic's and commentary coming after dinner...

re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Stains

Here is one of the P900's
DSCN05768.jpg

I started the seedlings under just one of the two P900's. Saw no reason to fire them both up. These lights are extremely bright (as many of you know) and all of the plants fit snugly under the one. I have the light only set on the VEG mode for now. I probably won't switch to full power until I flip them to Flowering.

re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Stains

Welcome, he who was formally known as Tav. Very glad to have you onboard.

Thanks, Zig! Very glad to finally be a member of the HB Club! :high-five:

Ok...more pic's...these were a few days later as they got used to the soil and started to grow. A few leaves started to look funny, so I gave them a 1/2 strength spray of De-Stress and they looked great a few days later...
DSCN05777.jpg

DSCN058012.jpg

I put in one of the newer S&P inline fans (the silent model) and absolutely love it. I thought my old model S&P was quiet, but this thing is noticeably putting out fewer decibels. Have it hooked up to a new Can33 and I have two passive intakes near the bottom of the tent for drawing in fresh air...
DSCN05819.jpg

My two monsters...these P900's are fantastic lights! I only had the one fired up early in the grow, but now (future pictures) both of them are running in VEG mode...
DSCN058312.jpg

Here is my ghetto humidfier...learned this trick using a tray with a soaked towel in there...hey...it works! Also, if you notice the blue fan ^^^ on the tent pole. These fans are from Wally World and I have one hanging from each of the 4 corner poles in the tent. They are each connected to ratchet hangers for moving them up as the plants grow and they are connected to the poles with zip ties...works great!!
DSCN058511.jpg

Welcome VonDank and Sephiroth...very glad to have you all here...more pic's coming over the next couple of days. I should have it all caught up at that time.

Okay...last pic's for today...As you can see, the plants are growing nicely. Tomorrow, I'll show you how big they have become over the past 3 weeks. In order from top to bottom, they are the 9 lb hammer, Petroleum Nightmare and the Sour Strawberry.
DSCN058614.jpg

DSCN05879.jpg

DSCN05887.jpg

You're going to produce some quality smoke with that gear. I'm looking forward to seeing the FROST. :drool: I love your setup!

Thanks FF! Appreciated.

I've not grown any of these strains before, but have grown out about 6 or 7 of TGA's, so I expect the 9 lb Hammer to be great. Have heard good things about the Petroleum Nightmare and though I have not grown the Sour Strawberry, I bought some seeds at the Seattle CC from BOG himself and smoked a J with him and his wife. Very tasty smoke. The only problem was that it was one of my first stops at the Cup and I walked around in quite the haze the rest of my time there...all was good though...:thumb:

Nice job!!! :)
Welcome to high brix!!! :)

Thanks scrubby...it's great to be HB'ing it finally! I feel like such a newbie with the switch to LED's, soil, etc. But, learning new things has always been enjoyable for me and I know it will take years to get where I'll want to be. As they say...it's not the destination, but the journey that's the fun part...

Thanks scrubby...it's great to be HB'ing it finally! I feel like such a newbie with the switch to LED's, soil, etc. But, learning new things has always been enjoyable for me and I know it will take years to get where I'll want to be. As they say...it's not the destination, but the journey that's the fun part...
We are in the same boat! I too just started my first DocHB / PlatLED grow and guess what? I am using Guerrilla tents and the same SP fans (ridiculously quiet), so when I saw your inside tent photo I was tripping... I post a pic tomorrow. ;)

And I too feel like a newbie again. Reading as much as i can, trying to get the drenching methods/timing down, and I always seem to find a way to second guess myself. I know in time it will be smooth sailing, but right now I am a little too cautious for my own good.

Anyways, I think you may have inspired me to start a journal soon. Currently on week 2 from seeds.

Subbed!

Back
Top Bottom