Shrike's 1st Journal - Multiple Strains

re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Stains

I'm a little late to the party I see ... :party:

Subbed! :cheesygrinsmiley:

re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Stains

Hey there I am subbed can't wait to see how the smart pots work out for you, are you flowering out in them or are you moving up a size, you should consider veg time and the stretch, they can explode pretty fast and a week or less can make the difference of whether you have the right size plant or something that has outgrown its pot.

Looking good, nice gear

Hey Shrike....top of the mornin to ya bro! Welcome to the "gang" .Glad to see you finally do it . Your set up looks real good...you've got a good handle on it....good to see. If ya don't mind i'de like to hang around to see you rock these strains you've chosen.Can't lose with Doc's. gear as we all know. Later eh....Duggs:high-five:

There ya go shrike...the big dogs are here! Dont be nervous or anything lol :)

No worries Broski you got all the components for success, Water, Sunshine Air and Food, give them all this in moderation and you shall have a great harvest.

Good Vibes

Welcome Kenosis, Mike 810, Graytail, Curso, Gov't, Doc, Canalchemist, duggan, scrubby!

Thank you all for coming to check out the HB newbie. Feel like I know all of you from following most of your journals over the past year plus.

Not nervous at all to be among the Big Dogs, duggan...I know you guys don't bite...you're more like those companion dogs that are there to help people...:thumb:

Kenosis...looking forward to seeing your set-up. And please start a journal. Even us newbie's can contribute to the collective. Since many of us are growing varied strains, it will be fun to catalog how they all react to High Brix and what needs to be done to make each strain shine.

CanalChemist...I moved the plants up to 2 gal air-pots currently (I'll put up more pic's later today) and they will be moving into their final air-pots (7 gal) in a few weeks at most.

duggan...yeah, glad you're here to see how these strains handle the High-Brix. It should be a lot of fun.

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

I did my first up canning last week, moving all the plants from the .3 gal air-pots to the 2 gal air-pots. I did everything by the book (Doc's), and dusted the roots, the holes and added plenty of transplant water to each container.

Did manage to have a stoner moment (even though I was completely straight). I forgot that when I unrolled each of the air-pots to take out the plants for transplanting, that there was a base in each one. The soil and roots had covered them and I didn't turn them enough to see that they were embedded there. I did finally notice for the final one and removed that one before transplanting. I wasn't about to go back and remove each plant from it's new home...and I figured the roots will grow right through the bases anyway...so...no harm...no foul. I WILL remember when I up can the next time though. :rofl:

Here are a few pics in there newest homes...
DSCN059411.jpg

DSCN05957.jpg

DSCN05968.jpg

Re: Shrike's 1st Journal - Using PlatinumLED P900 x 2 - DocBud's "Kit" - Multiple Sta

And here is a pic inside the tent from a few days ago...
DSCN059913.jpg

Look somewhat familiar? ;)

FYI I use Phresh filters inside the tents, and the beefier Can Filters outside the tents where its more critical for me.

IMG_65245.jpg

The Soler & Palau TD-150S replaced a 6" Can Fan, both specced at 333 CFM, but the dB meter showed more than 1/3 reduction in sound which IMO is incredible cuz the Can Fan itself is quieter than the flock of others I have tried.

BTW have you ever compared the air pots to fabric? Haven't grown much in soil so I have only tried standard plastic and fabric. Both the fabric and air seem ideal for Doc's dunking practice.

I think the fabric and airpot do the same but I know the airpot cleans up nicer for reuse, and as far as the bottoms go... I would almost say if you can remove them without damaging roots leave them in there and just plant the bottoms along with the new plant and dig them out after harvest, the plant only has a couple months to go after flowering, you need that girl in top condition, no time to waste recovering from damage roots.

Ziggy...The roots are air trimmed when they actually hit air.
Since I have now planted them in the larger air-pots with soil below them, they should have no trouble growing through the honeycombed base and into the new soil . They will self trim when they hit the bottom of the "new" bases.:thumb:

Kenosis...yeah, those S&P's are really nice fans (Your set-up looks great!). Love the new one and my old one was running almost all the time for close to 4 years with absolutely no problems. They really should advertise them for our "market". I think it would really help their bottom line.

Canalchemist...That's why I left them in there. I did not want to disturb the roots at all. I have had great success with all my past transplants, never having plants needing to recover from the trauma. Looks like that has continued with the air-pots. I never saw a leaf droop and they seemed healthy as could be and growing the day after the up canning....

I believe the fabric pots are a great way to go, also. They might even be easier for dunking during the Veg period than air-pots. I might consider them in the future for Veg, then switch to the 7 gal air-pots for Flowering. We'll see...that is for future musing...

Just don't forget to fish it out of the rootball post-harvest. ;)

I can be fooled once, but usually I'm good for the second...I will definitely retrieve all of the bases after harvest...besides, I don't think they would help charge the second run of Doc's soil...:rofl:

Speaking of which...maybe a dumb question, but I don't know the answer...I know to put all the leaves, small roots, etc. into the soil for reuse, but is it okay to leave those rapid rooters in there, also? Will they be absorbed into the soil, or should I pick them out before reuse??

Back
Top Bottom