What am I doing wrong? New grower

MrClutchDj

My plant is 25 days old from seed. I have it under 24 hour lights. It has about 7 nodes. I have it tied for low stress training. I do not however, have anything at all to check pH with (I know right, how unprofessional is this guy?) . I haven't checked the pH since i started growing, and so far. They've grown fine. I slowly see more problems as time progresses though. For example, the leaves wilt terribly, and I only water when dry, but I guess there MAY still be a chance of overwatering. The stems are purple in some places , which I've heard isn't ideal, and one leaf has some small spots. Does anyone have any tips? At all? Please?
420-magazine-mobile1731332539.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1981084967.jpg

Re: What am I doing wrong? (New grower)

What are you doing wrong... hmmmm. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... everything! Bwahahahaha :)

OK, seriously, if that's 25 days of growth then you need to make some changes.
Buy a pH meter. They are inexpensive and indispensable.

Then come back and tell us what your grow medium is, what nutrients you're using and at what strength, what you're using for light, what your environmental variables are (temp/humidty), and whether you are willing to toss this plant and start over with the knowledge and tools to do it right or whether you want to save this plant.

:circle-of-love:

Almost certainly overwatering. Let it dry way out. Assuming you are using a high quality, commercial soil, it's unlikely you have solid issues, unless you have been doing really weird stuff with fertilizer.

I would spray the plant frequently (consider humidity tent) while letting the soil dry out 100%. Or just start over - if you do this examine the roots on your plant - likely will be rotted/mushy.

For 25 days she couldn't be any unhealthy. This is 5 weeks today and only under 3 small CFL lights
420-magazine-mobile277308857.jpg

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

I am considering starting over. I have 3 seeds currently under germination process. Considering I do start over, how would I avoid the same problems I see right now?

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just remember for new growers overwatering and overfertilizing are the most common issues

Just remember for new growers overwatering and overfertilizing are the most common issues
I was thinking about switching this to 12/12 today , and at least try to finish it. Should I attempt ?

If it's an auto flower, go to 20 light and 4 dark. If not, switch to 18 and 6. Plants use the dark to heal, transfer the sugar it's converted from starch, and build its vascular structure. It's getting to much light. Let the dark cycle of photosynthesis do its job.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You could probably back your light off too. She looks bleached from a light being to close.

I was thinking about switching this to 12/12 today , and at least try to finish it. Should I attempt ?

(Assuming it's not an auto), no way would I put it on 12/12, it looks so unhealthy - totally wilted appearance. I'd raise your light way up, but still run 24hrs - see if it will pick up its leaves. You might be able to save it, but it's super sick right now.

A sick plant doesn't yield. Either let her heal or pull her and start again. Save yourself the time, money and energy

Get a pH meter off eBay

Don't plant seedlings into large pots like this. They stay too wet and don't want to get very big. You need to start small and transition into gradually bigger pots throughout the growing period.

Take all these comparisons of "My plant is this big at this age" with a heavy grain of salt. Different strains, different phenotypes, different soils, lights, etc.

Don't forget to buy some calibration powder with your pH pen.

Take the rope off of it and let it grow, it's not healthy enough to train.

What kind of soil are you using? Do you know if it has any lime or any pH buffers (stabilizers) in it?

I would suggest getting a bag of Happy Frog, 707, Sunshine Mix #4, Pro-Mix, or any of the more popular soils like that. Avoid buying your hardware store brand's garden and rose variety unless you know what you're doing and can check the ingredients. Soil is important, if you don't want to put in the effort to study it, then put up the dollars to get it from someone that makes it for growing pot. I'm not saying these soils are fantastic, but it's a lot easier to work with decent soil as a starter than to struggle with questionable stuff.

I know because I've screwed up along all of these lines.

The spots on your leaves are a pretty sure sign of root stress. It's stunted now, and it won't recover for a long time. If you want to try to save it, start giving it plain water at like half or a quarter of the amount you have been. Just barely wet where its roots would be, try to let it dry out within 3 days. It will recover eventually, but it probably won't give you much. Put it off to the side and start new ones, they'll be well on their way to flower before this one recovers.

Don't plant seedlings into large pots like this. They stay too wet and don't want to get very big. You need to start small and transition into gradually bigger pots throughout the growing period.

Take all these comparisons of "My plant is this big at this age" with a heavy grain of salt. Different strains, different phenotypes, different soils, lights, etc.

Don't forget to buy some calibration powder with your pH pen.

Take the rope off of it and let it grow, it's not healthy enough to train.

What kind of soil are you using? Do you know if it has any lime or any pH buffers (stabilizers) in it?

I would suggest getting a bag of Happy Frog, 707, Sunshine Mix #4, Pro-Mix, or any of the more popular soils like that. Avoid buying your hardware store brand's garden and rose variety unless you know what you're doing and can check the ingredients. Soil is important, if you don't want to put in the effort to study it, then put up the dollars to get it from someone that makes it for growing pot. I'm not saying these soils are fantastic, but it's a lot easier to work with decent soil as a starter than to struggle with questionable stuff.

I know because I've screwed up along all of these lines.

The spots on your leaves are a pretty sure sign of root stress. It's stunted now, and it won't recover for a long time. If you want to try to save it, start giving it plain water at like half or a quarter of the amount you have been. Just barely wet where its roots would be, try to let it dry out within 3 days. It will recover eventually, but it probably won't give you much. Put it off to the side and start new ones, they'll be well on their way to flower before this one recovers.
Great advice, I would have said the same exact thing. Just the two things I have learned over the years. Patience is the best nute you'll ever give her, and LISTEN TO YOUR LADIES ALWAYS!!!

I don't check my ph in my soil only in hydro if the soil is set up correctly all you have to do is water I can see theres a whole bunch of things going on
go 18/6 plant does most of its growth in the dark, theres a serious lack of nitrogen but maybe theres a root issue so its not uptaking nutrients
could be ph, might help when you transplant into a pot use some mykos.
theres not a whole lot of information for us to work with by what you said
what kind of soil>?

Then come back and tell us what your grow medium is, what nutrients you're using and at what strength, what you're using for light, what your environmental variables are (temp/humidty)...

Still waiting...
Can't help u if we don't know what you're dealing with.

So I haven't watered since the post, and the leaves are beginning to perk up exponentially
420-magazine-mobile2125194891.jpg

Back
Top Bottom