FlowerNose's White Widow Auto Stealth Grow

FlowerNose

420-magazine-mobile138954744.jpg

Queue dramatic music.

We're growing White Widow.

2 years ago, when we were newbs to smoking herb, a friend brought us gifts from Colorado. Among the lot was 7 grams of the best weed we've ever received. It was White Widow. My husband experienced an expanding of his mind almost like you read about in young adult fiction when the main character discovers he's a wizard.

And then we never found any again.

Eventually we plan to grow photo periods and we have 6 WW seeds from 2 different breeders waiting in the fridge. But for now it's an auto and you're welcome to join us on the ride. :)

Smell the flowers

Day 3

The shiny new bean above got popped! I took WAY TOO MANY photos of my process this time because this journal is partly for my own future reference. To make it less tedious for everyone, I made collages. :)

I used the paper towel method again and kept the seed warm between 80 and 95 degrees f. I put everything in an empty wooden desk drawer with an old baby wipes warmer and checked on the temps about every 2-4 hours during the day. We put her in the baggy on Mar 22.

420-magazine-mobile1375497907.jpg

The 4 inch Rockwool cube was soaked in RO water PH'd to 5.7 for over 10 minutes.

420-magazine-mobile1112602982.jpg

Finally this morning she was ready to plant. I know the root shouldn't see light, so I took photos in less than a minute before poking her home. I used the end of a paint brush to rough up the rockwool a bit so I could tuck it gently over the seed.

420-magazine-mobile384817095.jpg

The second stealth cab is still under construction, so WW will have to share with Miss Fruity for a while. I made a little shelf in the corner of the cab.

420-magazine-mobile2043761310.jpg

420-magazine-mobile658232282.jpg

I put a gallon Ziploc over the cube for humidity.

Good night!

Smell the flowers

Day 5

We've got liftoff.

Last night I could see the seed husk starting to push through the rockwool.

420-magazine-mobile137943326.jpg

This morning, she's really picking up steam. So maybe other journal-ers don't get so excited. I do, though. And I take pics. Lots. :)

420-magazine-mobile1378963099.jpg

RH 85-95%, temp 75-85°f. We're still working on tightening up our environment so there's less wiggle in those numbers.

Smell the flowers

Nice! We are synced almost perfect! :high-five: I have some White Widow autos from 420, in some FFOF. I dropped 2 in water and planted them on Saturday. On Saturday I changed my mind and dropped another one in water. I planted that one Sunday. The first 2 sprouted last night(Sunday) and I can see taproot on the third. They are in my stealth cab now. I have some bag seeds in week 6 flower in my tent.

Have to say. Loving them collages. If your whole journal end up like that...well that'll be just great hahaha. As you said as well, it's awesome to see others with the same strain. Can't wait for the next update!
Haha I'm glad you like the photos. I worry about overdoing it. :) if you like my style, you can check out my other journal too. It's also a coco/rockwool auto grow, 30 days ahead of my WW.

Smell the flowers

Day 5 bonus #3

7:00 pm

My husband came home from work and we got the baby and all went to see the garden. I looked down at my seedling and my heart dropped. Where I expected two happy infant leaves to be praying to the light, I saw that it still hadn't opened...

420-magazine-mobile16708998.jpg

In fact, she appeared glued shut by some kind of dried up membrane from inside the seed husk. This is where my hyper vigilance saved the day. :) My first instinct was to get it off! Quick! But somehow without touching this delicate baby. I decided that water softened the seed to sprout to begin with, so I poured PH 5.7 water into a water jug cap. Then I dropped water on her every 5 minutes or so while we caught up on our days.

420-magazine-mobile1269510334.jpg

After a while, I tested it by barely touching the membrane with finger and thumb and moved them in the direction of the leaves. After a short time the top leaf sprung up really fast. After that the membrane came off the lower leaf easily.

420-magazine-mobile1127696716.jpg

420-magazine-mobile573226692.jpg

This is a completely indulgent set of pics below.

420-magazine-mobile1140999916.jpg

Ok. That's it for now, I think. Haha.

Smell the flowers

I'm working on it . Learning a lot just watching for now . I love you pictures awesome job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
Thanks! :) it's really useful to at least have your basics posted somewhere. That way if you have an emergency or urgent questions, you don't have to take the time to explain your setup to folks trying to help. .

Smell the flowers

Day 7

I skipped a day because I was too tired to think yesterday. But my very sweet husband took care of all the feedings and diapers last night so this mama could get caught up on rest. Man. Needed that sleep!

So anyway, that means I'm back to my photo-taking self. :) Here are some pics of the little Widow. Yesterday morning and this morning side by side.

420-magazine-mobile195520860.jpg

And some glamour shots. I love how the true leaves get those tiny sparkles. They look like immature resin glands but later leaves don't get them.

420-magazine-mobile1080510608.jpg

So we're still building Little Widow's cab and we hit a setback. The caulk Mr. FlowerNose bought last time doesn't take paint. It repels it in little beads. :( He spent last evening scraping it all out because I was too exhausted and sad. Today with my battery all charged I'm going to re-caulk and primer the cab.

Most of the parts of the fancy LEDs are in. Circuit boards, thermal paste, heat sinks, water cooling reservoirs, and other items I don't know the names and purposes of. It's all beyond me.

420-magazine-mobile769338678.jpg

She'll need her own space soon. Miss Fruity is a beast. . .

Smell the flowers

Back
Top Bottom