FlowerNose's White Widow Auto Stealth Grow

420-magazine-mobile1123703480.jpg

The LEDs came in yesterday, so Mr. FlowerNose spent the evening testing equipment.

Here, he's got an LED hooked up the a power supply and a cooling system. He can turn the lights way low, or crank them up super high.
420-magazine-mobile630896910.jpg

After it's assembled well have to figure out lumens and intensity and distance from plants...

It's going to be magnificent though.

Smell the flowers

Day 10

Little Widow's been a little neglected. She was under a crap light and we waited a couple days too long to give her her first real feeding. But she's been fed and her light has been upgraded a bit. She's in a desk cabinet for now because the stealth cab she'll live in needs to be painted the rest of the way.
420-magazine-mobile661613730.jpg

Her little tips show how hungry she got.
420-magazine-mobile640060104.jpg

Better now. She looks much happier.

Day 12

Little Widow's still fighting! She's not as big as Fruity was at this age. But it's not fair to compare sisters. :)

420-magazine-mobile1337424549.jpg

She seems to love the new light. I found a little root poking out of the bottom of the rockwool today. Thinking I'll move her to coco in a day or two.

420-magazine-mobile655604512.jpg

Mr FlowerNose works every night on upgrading Widow's residence and everyone's lights. We'll get there.

Day 12

Little Widow's still fighting! She's not as big as Fruity was at this age. But it's not fair to compare sisters. :)

420-magazine-mobile1337424549.jpg

She seems to love the new light. I found a little root poking out of the bottom of the rockwool today. Thinking I'll move her to coco in a day or two.

420-magazine-mobile655604512.jpg

Mr FlowerNose works every night on upgrading Widow's residence and everyone's lights. We'll get there.

Looking forward to taking part in this journey of yours. Good job!

Day 14

Little Widow isn't getting the same quantity of love and attention as Fruity. She looks good, but she could definitely look better. Her situation will be looking up by next week, but for now...
420-magazine-mobile1432655704.jpg

She looks so lonesome.
The rockwool cube was growing algae our something so I made a cover out of paper card stock.
420-magazine-mobile212085008.jpg

Her temps are too high and her humidity is too low. I'll be trying to address all of it soon.

Day 16

Little Widow's picking up speed. She has 4 little roots poking out the bottom of her rockwool so I'm ready to put her in coco as soon as I can.

420-magazine-mobile923934084.jpg

I want to top her and mainline her. I'm debating internally between topping at the 3rd node or the 4th because I've seen it both ways. I'll read into it more and maybe watch some YouTube before deciding. Let me know if you have a favorite node to top for mainlining.

Here's the current state of the grow cab with both plants.

420-magazine-mobile625580975.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1200598992.jpg

It's a total work in progress. :)

Day 7

I skipped a day because I was too tired to think yesterday. But my very sweet husband took care of all the feedings and diapers last night so this mama could get caught up on rest. Man. Needed that sleep!

So anyway, that means I'm back to my photo-taking self. :) Here are some pics of the little Widow. Yesterday morning and this morning side by side.

420-magazine-mobile195520860.jpg

And some glamour shots. I love how the true leaves get those tiny sparkles. They look like immature resin glands but later leaves don't get them.

420-magazine-mobile1080510608.jpg

So we're still building Little Widow's cab and we hit a setback. The caulk Mr. FlowerNose bought last time doesn't take paint. It repels it in little beads. :( He spent last evening scraping it all out because I was too exhausted and sad. Today with my battery all charged I'm going to re-caulk and primer the cab.

Most of the parts of the fancy LEDs are in. Circuit boards, thermal paste, heat sinks, water cooling reservoirs, and other items I don't know the names and purposes of. It's all beyond me.

420-magazine-mobile769338678.jpg

She'll need her own space soon. Miss Fruity is a beast. . .

Smell the flowers

Flowernose, what kind of camera do you use anyways?

I'm rocking the on board camera of a Galaxy Note 5. I also have one of those cheap clip on zoom lenses.

Smell the flowers

Ah never mind....you answered my question. I have the galaxy note 5 (for work) and the Galaxy S7 for personal. I might have to invest in a zoom lense. I also have a really nice Nikon D7100 but its always so much more work to use it to take pictures and transfer than using the phones.

Back
Top Bottom