FlowerNose's White Widow Auto Stealth Grow

I heard you guys like posts. I've got a post-y one for you.

420-magazine-mobile739108609.jpg

I did a stupid thing after I topped her. Everything went perfectly for the actual procedure. Then I just had to go back and poke at her...and I pressed too hard on one of her new leaves and I thought I'd broken it off. But as I'd already done Enough damage, I walked away. I left the little leaf just in case.

I'm glad I did, because it wasn't all the way dead. It was only mostly dead. It's got something to live for. True Love.
420-magazine-mobile1929326917.jpg

Here's how dumb I was. That's paint on my fingers, not blood. Mr FlowerNose is alive and well.
420-magazine-mobile1378460888.jpg

Day 24 or something. I'm all mixed up. She was popped on 3/22/2017 and I'm tired of counting the days so make sure I'm absolutely correct. :)
Here's miss Widow just rocking this whole upward momentum thing. That bum leaf is getting juice now and it's growing.
420-magazine-mobile1211296083.jpg

And holy LST Batman. Getting creative with my ponytail technique. I knew I'd be gone all day and that I wouldn't be able to remove the ponytail after a couple hours. I didn't want to light starve the nodes in the center.
420-magazine-mobile1321277856.jpg

First thing in the morning, all happy and basking in the rays of her artificial sun. Then, 10 minutes later after I'd flattened her.
420-magazine-mobile507417978.jpg

I realized a day or two after the fact that I bunged up my topping. (If you scroll back you can see that I thought it was perfect. Ha.) I'm not too worried since everything has gone a little bit poorly since the beginning and she's still ticking. However, I decided to remove her bum leaf and its mate because one was taking energy and the other was blocking light.
420-magazine-mobile2056317853.jpg

So here she is as of this morning. All spread out. I'm less gentle with Widow than I was with Fruity at the same age.
420-magazine-mobile1396990841.jpg

Widow is maturing faster. I read with photoperiod plants that a sign they're ready to flip to flower is when they go from symmetrical node spacing to asymmetrical. From nodes that grow side by side, to alternating up the stalk. Widow's doing that already. Fruity was MUCH bigger before she did that.

Here's another difference between my girls. My "mostly indica" electric fruit (on the left) is way more sativa looking than the white widow.
420-magazine-mobile916402273.jpg

What do you think? Am I being too mean to Widow?

It seems like the white widow must jsut have a different growth sequence, right? Maybe a shorter overall lifespan, or longer flowering period? I have yet to look up the details about the white widow strain. Thats one area I have not focused on enough, I guess; strain specifications.

Why do you think you didn't do the topping properly, FlowerNose? What happened?

It seems like the white widow must jsut have a different growth sequence, right? Maybe a shorter overall lifespan, or longer flowering period? I have yet to look up the details about the white widow strain. Thats one area I have not focused on enough, I guess; strain specifications.

White Widow has debated origins. The auto forms...good luck. I don't expect consistency. But I figure it's got a good reputation for a reason and the stuff we tried all that time ago was AMAZING.

Topping at the 4th node huh... *noted* hehe

Yeah I tried finding some more info about the white widow, and all I did find, although not what I wanted, definitely shocked the hell outta me...

What I found was, Dutch Passion are offering a buy one pack get one pack free deal till the end of april... I'f I'd gotten from them directly I'd have twice as many seeds today... GODDAMNIT ah well lol

I said in that other dudes journal, think his names thegrow, that his white widow looks more sativa than I thought white widow would. You're pics pretty much confirm what I was saying. His seeds are from crop king, but surely the difference wouldnt be THAT much.

THe following is from his journal. See what Im saying?
420-magazine-mobile939961972.jpg

But then I dont know if his are auto or not.. But still. The difference shouldnt be THAT extreme should it?

@Jurf, I do see what you're saying. The WW genetics have gone so many places. Several breeders claim responsibility for the "original" WW strain. Lots of additional breeders have made auto versions.

I've heard some poor reviews of Crop King genetics lately. But I've heard positive reviews of them on the past.

On the one hand, pot is pot. There's no such thing is bad pot.

On the other hand, genetics matter as much as environment for consistent, potent product.

I've said it before: My next WW run I hope to use Dinafem seeds.

Keep in mind, that a strain can have multiple different phenotypes that can take dominant traits/characteristics from anywhere in their parents genetics. So it is easy for a strain to show certain traits more normal for Sativa's or Indica's even if they are "mostly" the opposite.

I said in that other dudes journal, think his names thegrow, that his white widow looks more sativa than I thought white widow would. You're pics pretty much confirm what I was saying. His seeds are from crop king, but surely the difference wouldnt be THAT much.

THe following is from his journal. See what Im saying?
420-magazine-mobile939961972.jpg

But then I dont know if his are auto or not.. But still. The difference shouldnt be THAT extreme should it?

@Jurf my WW is from Cpks and they are Autos. Like I said before this strain is 60% Indica and 30% Sativa. Here's a pic of my WWA at Day 20. Can't really tell the difference from that of Flowernose

420-magazine-mobile192876161.jpg

Although the leaves looks a bit more sativa now that they are in the flowering stage. But I'm not surprised coz this strain has a little bit of both and I think @Vanstank is right .

@Jurf my WW is from Cpks and they are Autos. Like I said before this strain is 60% Indica and 30% Sativa. Here's a pic of my WWA at Day 20. Can't really tell the difference from that of Flowernose

420-magazine-mobile192876161.jpg

Although the leaves looks a bit more sativa now that they are in the flowering stage. But I'm not surprised coz this strain has a little bit of both and I think @Vanstank is right .

Damn ur right bro. At the younger age the leaves were definitely fatter, and it had the short look. Hmmm.. Cheers for tuning me in man

She is looking great FlowerNose! Are you going to try to keep her at a lower profile to give you more room for the stretch? Just wondering based of your issue on the other grow.

She is looking great FlowerNose! Are you going to try to keep her at a lower profile to give you more room for the stretch? Just wondering based of your issue on the other grow.
I would. But I don't think I'll need to. I think Widow won't be as big as Fruity. Autos are on a timer. She's already starting to flower a little, Fruity wasn't flowing at this age. So while she still has plenty of growing to do, I don't think she has enough time to get as huge.

Back
Top Bottom