Suferbud's First Grow Royal Creamatic & AK-47 Auto - 200w CLF - 2013

Surferbud

So this is my first grow so lets get it started with the tech details.

Set up
Tent: Homebox S 80x80x160 cm
Lighting: 200w duel spectrum CLF
Air flow: small internal fan and 180 Cubic meter blower with carbon filter.
Soil and firts: Biobizz Light soil, BioBizz Root juice, grow, fish food, top max, and bloom max.
Pots: 6 liter containers
seeds: Royal seed co. Royal Creamatic and AK-47 Automatic.

So I set up and ran the system a for a few days before setting the seeds out. everything seems to be running fine . The seeds were started on 30 Aug by soaking in water for 16 hours then moved to wet paper towels for germination. Germination took 2-3 days. The seeds were then planted and came to the surface one to two days later.

The plants are now 11 days from seed and doing well. The front three are creamatic and the back AK-47
2013-09-10_17_35_23.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/550079

Looking forward to comments and feedback, tips and tricks whatever you all have to offer. An Thanks in advance.

Re: Suferbuds First grow Royal Creamatic and AK-47 Auto, 200w CLF, 2013

subscribed. are both of the variety's that your growing auto flowering?

Thanks to you both. An yes KingJohn both are auto flowering. It seemed the better choice not having a separate area for cloning/vegging if I had the room I'd do it but as of now space is limited. I'll be really happy if the Creamatic takes good after it's parent Caramel Cream as far as taste and effect.

Hey all the grow is going well and it looks like I'll be getting my hands on a Eco Grower hydro system for my next grow I'm unsure about transplanting the current grow to it knowing that autos don't like to be transplanted. What are you thoughts on transplanting the grow to hydro wait for further growth, ASAP, or just don't? Would the Gain on growth out weigh the risk?

Well I made the hard decision and transplanted to Hydro drip the transplant went well so I'm hoping for as little as one to two days of loss of growth but the hydro system may make this worth while. Though I lost a bit of head room due to the system I shouldn't have a problem based on the height of the plants. I'll post photos in a few days after they have recovered from the transplant.

So a small little update, The plants were transplanted into hydro and seem to be putting on some growth but were a hanging a bit today but I think that one or two days and the'll be back to normal. So here's a photo of the complete set up.

Royal Creamatic 14 days from seed

Auto AK-47 14 days from seed.

I wish I could say the plants are doing great 2 are looking awesome while the rest seemed to pick up harder symptoms of transplant shock, some look as if they have Nitrogen deficiencies while others have leaf burn on the lower leaves. While I know I can't be under and over feeding from the same system I can only deduce that it must be from the transplant as bad as this sounds even the affected plants seem to be putting on nice top growth. It's set me back a bit more than I thought and I may lose a set of leaves or two but all in all the plants look like they'll all make it though.

Subbed, hope they make it ok, hydro can go south really quick. Have you taken a good look at the roots? What are the res temps, rot will set in very quickly if the res temp is high too long, then the plants will droop, and develop deficiencies.

Subbed, hope they make it ok, hydro can go south really quick. Have you taken a good look at the roots? What are the res temps, rot will set in very quickly if the res temp is high too long, then the plants will droop, and develop deficiencies.

Thanks for the tip on res temp it's something I have given thought to I've been though transplant shock before but normally Soil to soil so I really am not surprised that the plants took soil to hyro harder. I haven't been able to get a good look at the roots yet as they haven't grown out of the pots. I've been though Temps, PH and EC and all the levels have been within range though the last days. An being only a few plants are affected. I'm thinking I can count those out as the cause. Another few days should tell if the severely affected plants make a good come back. Given what I know I should most likely stop stressing out and just wait it out as even the most severely affected plant is putting out healthy new growth.

patience is in order for sure, If all your lvls are fine then they will bounce back, just give em some time.

:thumb:

Yeah I really think that's the case one made it though with very little problems the others showed more stress but have picked up even if the older leaves look really bad The tops are growing wonderfully now and side shoots are developing on all plants, so really now they just need time to fill out and get back to normal growth. I'll be posting new pics soon they just look so bad now I'm embarrassed to do so. The repot to hydro wasn't the greatest Idea but maybe due to the larger size container and root space availability I'll get close to what I would have despite the set backs.

Nice setup Surfer. Shame you had to shitcan the AKs. You probably did a smart thing, though. Subbed and looking forward to seeing how things turn out. My gut tells me you're gonna do well!

Back
Top Bottom