Flowerfarmer's 501st OG In DBHBB Soil

flowerfarmer

Hello :420: and fellow high brixers. I want to thank Doc Bud for the enlightenment he has projected on cannabis cultivation and horticulture in general. I have always had a green thumb and could get a plant to grow well but Doc's method has me growing the finest buds that anyone I know or meet has came across. The smoke is peerless!

I will be growing ten 501st OG with 3 Longs Peak Blue a couple Rugburn OG a Leeroy and a Female Seeds Bubblegumer. I think two L.P.B. and the Leeroy are males. I've identified some potential males amongst the 501st. Growing regular seeds and weeding out males is not something I'm used to so I hope I'm right. This will be my 6th completed indoor grow cycle and fourth DBHBB grow.

One upgrade I would make to this grow is to have more environmental control but my funds are currently stretched very thin. I will address the fluctuating environment in the future. The plants are very healthy other than some slight leaf curling from low humidity.

The bigger plants you see are leaving this tent. I've got a Flo, GSC and Tangerine bag seed I'm nursing back to health from a bad environment for my landlord to put in the tent with a GTH #1 and 707 Truthband I've got flowering at his house.

Strain: 501st OG - 75% Indica/ 25% sativa
Breeder: Rare Dankness
Number of plants: 10, sex to be determined
Nutrients: Doc Bud's High Brix Blend
Pots: 7-10 gallon fabric air pots
Space: 8'×4'×6'6"
Lights: 2 600 watt MH-veg/HPS-bloom

Photos at 6..

20151103_171728.jpg

Ok not much to report. The plants in My 8×4 are vegging along and im hoping they will preflower and show sex if not I'll take some cuttings and put them under the 11.5/12.5 light/dark schedule and see if they show sex in two weeks. Then I can devote my bigger pots and soil supply for the females and cull the males maybe saving some pollen from Leeroy TK to cross with a L.P.B. female. Who knows.. I want to try and cross something from Rare Dankness. Im new to growing regular seeds so any advice is helpful.

To add some flavor here are my plants from my other 4x4 at My landlords house.

707 Truthband
20151106_192515.jpg

Ghost Train Haze #1
20151106_192244.jpg

Ghost Train Haze #1
20151106_191916.jpg

Duet
20151106_192007.jpg

Only one male confirmed. I see the start of some male preflowers on one Longs Peak Blue but I'm still waiting on the others. if mails grow taller and more vigorous while females are smaller and stay more compact I believe I have an idea on some of them but I will try and wait till they show preflowers before a final determination. I still haven't taken clones because most of my plants aren't big enough yet.

I have now excepted that after a week of examination of the preflower formation just above where I topped that I have a confirmed male L.P.B. It is necessary to thin out about half of my plant count anyway.
20151112_115729.jpg

I will be culling all males and might take clones from the rest before flower.

sounds like a plan Shiggity. I have an extra Mars hydro 300 watt LED laying around I could go ahead and make a spot for clones with.

Thank you ShiggtyFlip! For your help and walking with me on this adventure outside of femmed seeds looking for something special.:green_heart:

There is something to be said about going through the whole process you know? Planting, sexing, pheno hunting, it's a gauntlet with a prize winning pheno at the end. To not save a clone from each girl candidate would be a travesty. The payoff is raising that clone and taking 20 cuttings and growing a whole single pheno field of dreams. That my friend is a heck of a payoff. They all grow the same, need the same nutes and water, and yield the same with the same training.

Just before the cation drench for my other tent with GTH#1 and 707 Truthband. My phone was right side up when I took these so idk why their sideways and upside-down..
20151112_191305.jpg

707 Truthband
20151112_190850.jpg

Ghost Train Haze #1
20151112_191150.jpg

Long time, no journal. You've been holding out on us, ff. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Glad to see you back in journal form. Now I'll catch up from the beginning...
:high-five:

Only one male confirmed. I see the start of some male preflowers on one Longs Peak Blue but I'm still waiting on the others. if mails grow taller and more vigorous while females are smaller and stay more compact I believe I have an idea on some of them but I will try and wait till they show preflowers before a final determination. I still haven't taken clones because most of my plants aren't big enough yet.

flowerfarmer, im subbing, and asking if you don't mind.. :)

how accurate do you find your seed sexing to the actual grown turnout?

Just before the cation drench for my other tent with GTH#1 and 707 Truthband. My phone was right side up when I took these so idk why their sideways and upside-down..
20151112_191305.jpg

707 Truthband
20151112_190850.jpg

Ghost Train Haze #1
20151112_191150.jpg

happens all the time... :)
that is just further proof you are becoming One with The Kit.. :rofl:

This grow really changed my attitude on tall vs. short in the same strain. Because most strains are indica sativa hybrids they will often have tall and short phenos regardless of sex. My two very shortest huckleberry kush and agent orange were male beyond a doubt. So now I go strictly by preflower.

flowerfarmer, im subbing, and asking if you don't mind.. :)

how accurate do you find your seed sexing to the actual grown turnout?

I have a full pack of 501st OG so I didn't sex those seeds. I was mad because the first two I planted didn't germ due to wet and cold soil(my fault ) so I just threw the rest of the seeds on top of the soil in my soil tote with the lid closed and all came up and easily transplanted.:) I really didn't believe in the seed sexin but I hadn't watched the video or anything yet so I picked three male looking seeds from my pack of Longs Peak Blue.. I'm pretty sure all three L.P.B. are going to be males but I want to make sure. next time I plant seeds I will methodically check the seeds and try for feminine seeds. I am seeing some very feminine traits from one of my Rug Burn OG that I'm very excited about. I also have my eye on some pretty 501st OG I'm hoping to be female. I have no idea about Leeroy TK.

I'll take some pics soon and add a little more detail about each specific plant. ShiggtyFlip, you are right about the different tall and short plants from the same type seed not meaning much in the way of sexing. My L.P.B. males are very branchy. The males do seem like they are more vigorous. I just culled the Tangerine and Flo bag seed because they were males. It looks like the G.S.C. bag seed will be male as well. Despensary bag seeds.. smh I had to give it a shot for my landlord. Now it's only seeds from my collection.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom