1st Hydro - LED Grow With Crop King White Widow From Seed

I wound up vegging for almost 45 days. It was my first grow and I made several mistakes in veg, so it is not a very good idea to compare mine at 45 days and somebody who knows what they are doing. If you are happy with how they are growing and you feel like they are big enough, then I would say go ahead and flip. I also want to say that the WW was the tallest plant in this grow. It will stretch on you but it looks like you will scrog them so you should be fine. Your plants look good and they seem to be healthy in the pic. How long do you think you will veg them before they get to the size you are looking for?

I was thinking of flipping on the 28th they sprouted out of the ground on the 9th,12th and 13th of November. So 2 months of growth about. I'm hoping for 300-400 grams total of dry between the 4.

Stoney, I would say if you grow them for 8 weeks and then flush for a week you should have no problems getting 400 grams. I think you will be closer to 800 grams. Do yourself a favor and get in there and tie the edges of the plant out. You want to open up the plants. Also all of the big fan leaves from the second node down you should go ahead and defol now. The plants interior will be exposed to the light and all of those little branches and tops that are stuck in the interior will be able to grow really fast. The point of doing that is to build structure. Bud sites are formed on the stems and branches. Therefore the more side branching you have the better as far as yield is concerned. Second, use that scrog to keep your canopy even. Lay the branches and stems horizontally once they reach that screen. During the first two weeks of the flip do not be scared to crop those branches. That is to bend them until they break a little and point them in the direction you want them to grow. Watch a couple of videos about it on youtube. Once you run out of room horizontally, then you want to concentrate on density. That means the number of buds per square foot. Get the greatest density in the strongest part of the light foot print of your lights. You will be amazed at the amount of your yield.

The things I am telling you are just some of the things that I learned from my first grow. Some of those things I tried to do but without skill. Other things I wish I would have done. Once you flip, you are on a timer. Well your plants are on a timer. They will finish in about 8 weeks. The bud sites are built in the first two weeks. That is why it is so important to have them very healthy, and the size you are looking for before you flip. They will not grow any bigger after stretch is over. You only get one chance at that.

So in summary, my advice is to open them up, tie them open and give them a nice defol. The tops and the first node will provide more than enough leaf for the plant to continue to grow. In fact with all the new growth from the now exposed tops you will see the plant grow faster. Keep as many bud sites at the canopy as possible. Anything 18 inches below the canopy (this depends on how thick your canopy is) go ahead and prune it. Anything that is that far down or lower is a drain on your plants and not worth the energy the plants put into it. Good luck and I will be checking in on your grow to see what it does. :)

Stoney, I would say if you grow them for 8 weeks and then flush for a week you should have no problems getting 400 grams. I think you will be closer to 800 grams. Do yourself a favor and get in there and tie the edges of the plant out. You want to open up the plants. Also all of the big fan leaves from the second node down you should go ahead and defol now. The plants interior will be exposed to the light and all of those little branches and tops that are stuck in the interior will be able to grow really fast. The point of doing that is to build structure. Bud sites are formed on the stems and branches. Therefore the more side branching you have the better as far as yield is concerned. Second, use that scrog to keep your canopy even. Lay the branches and stems horizontally once they reach that screen. During the first two weeks of the flip do not be scared to crop those branches. That is to bend them until they break a little and point them in the direction you want them to grow. Watch a couple of videos about it on youtube. Once you run out of room horizontally, then you want to concentrate on density. That means the number of buds per square foot. Get the greatest density in the strongest part of the light foot print of your lights. You will be amazed at the amount of your yield.

The things I am telling you are just some of the things that I learned from my first grow. Some of those things I tried to do but without skill. Other things I wish I would have done. Once you flip, you are on a timer. Well your plants are on a timer. They will finish in about 8 weeks. The bud sites are built in the first two weeks. That is why it is so important to have them very healthy, and the size you are looking for before you flip. They will not grow any bigger after stretch is over. You only get one chance at that.

So in summary, my advice is to open them up, tie them open and give them a nice defol. The tops and the first node will provide more than enough leaf for the plant to continue to grow. In fact with all the new growth from the now exposed tops you will see the plant grow faster. Keep as many bud sites at the canopy as possible. Anything 18 inches below the canopy (this depends on how thick your canopy is) go ahead and prune it. Anything that is that far down or lower is a drain on your plants and not worth the energy the plants put into it. Good luck and I will be checking in on your grow to see what it does. :)

Grasshopper. You have snatched the pebble from my hand. :adore:

:peace:

As much as I agree with Bama's advice there are other things to consider.

the strain you're growing is not the best candidate for ScroG. For a decent ScroG you want a leggy girl. Long internodes and rapid vertical growth are the order of the day for ScroGing.

You could manipulate the plant to stretch out and then start going horizontal but to get any real benefit you'll be vegging for a few more weeks at least to fill the screen.

As you'd like to flip on the 28th doing what Bama said about opening up the plant and getting rid of the tiny lower growth is perfect. Aim each grow tip to it's own hole giving as much room as possible between each so the colas won't be jambed too close near the end. Raising the light could get them stretching faster for a bit before you flip then the screen can just be support for the colas.

Thanks for the advice mi will be doing that today. I have been really scared to remove leafs and bend things but it's time I do it. Lol I appreciate all the help thanks a lot

Grasshopper. You have snatched the pebble from my hand. :adore:
the strain you're growing is not the best candidate for ScroG. For a decent ScroG you want a leggy girl. Long internodes and rapid vertical growth are the order of the day for ScroGing.
You could manipulate the plant to stretch out and then start going horizontal but to get any real benefit you'll be vegging for a few more weeks at least to fill the screen.
As you'd like to flip on the 28th doing what Bama said about opening up the plant and getting rid of the tiny lower growth is perfect. Aim each grow tip to it's own hole giving as much room as possible between each so the colas won't be jambed too close near the end. Raising the light could get them stretching faster for a bit before you flip then the screen can just be support for the colas.

OMU welcome back! I have missed you and your sage wisdom! I am glad you are back on 420 and doing well. You were def missed, :) I learned heaps from first grow as was to be expected. I love your advice about what type of strain is great for scrog and such. That was something that I had not considered. I am very interested in what my next grow does by using a lot of these new training styles. I hope you get through the holidays and new years unscathed. If you have the time I would love to have you as part of my new grow. Link is in my sig. Take it easy OMU. :)

What would you recommend other than scrog For my WW? I am open to anything that will help

Back
Top Bottom