3rd Grow - Time For The Light Show

At 1 am this morning I had a sudden urge to go check on the seeds, and on opening the tent I was greeted by my LSD raising her head through the soil :) I gave her a gentle watering and did the same to the other seeds that weren't yet showing. I feel like I'm in touch with this grow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out.
When I went back into the tent at around 9am another two girls had managed to raise their heads to the sky (or tent in this case) shouting for my attention. What could I do but get the camera out and have them strike a pose?

The LSD had the longest taproot and was the first to show herself:

IMGP0914150810.jpg

The two Incredible Bulk were soon to follow:

IMGP0915150810.jpg
IMGP0919150810.jpg

Little Miss Nebula must be being lazy, she's still sleeping in her Mother Earth's womb:

IMGP0920150810.jpg

Here is the family:

IMGP0924150810.jpg

I've switched both of the Reflectors on with just the growth function for now. I'll keep gently watering and will start to feed once they are showing their true leaves. I'm willing Miss Nebula to catch up so that she doesn't miss the show!

That's all for now, I hope you are all well in your worlds. All the best :thumb:

Hello all, I was hardly able to get on to 420Magazine yesterday when I tried to do an update so I'll do it today now that the server seems more stable.

First of all my Paradise Nebula was showing her face when I looked in at 9am:

IMGP0928150811.jpg

By 6pm she was showing me her first true leaves!

IMGP0941150811.jpg

The others are showing their first true leaves too, this all seems much quicker than last time:

IMGP0942150811.jpg
IMGP0944150811.jpg
IMGP0947150811.jpg

All the girls are out and growing, they seem to love the Reflectors while vegging :)

IMGP0948150811rs.jpg

I don't have the Mars II 1600w turned on as of yet. I'm thinking I'll give them a couple of days with the reflectors then I'll bump up the lighting once they're a little more established.

Also I received a couple of batches of LED diodes to replace any of the warm whites that I think may be problematic, there's also a pack of transistors in there so it looks like someone with a little more technical know how will need to do any replacements, these transistors are small enough that I can hardly see them let alone work with them :reading420magazine:

IMGP0951.JPG

IMGP0955.JPG

Still pretty quiet here yet, I'm only feeding the seedlings water and I'm keeping the temps high. I'll probably start giving low feeds in a few days when I feel they need it. If anyone has any advice then that's greatly appreciated as ever. All the best everyone :thumb:

Hey TheCelt, that makes sense then thanks for that. I think I'll just keep them stashed away in a cupboard for now until I pl,uck up the courage to open up a light and see how hard they are to solder, maybe after this next grow lol. All the best :thumb:

Also I received a couple of batches of LED diodes to replace any of the warm whites that I think may be problematic, there's also a pack of transistors in there so it looks like someone with a little more technical know how will need to do any replacements, these transistors are small enough that I can hardly see them let alone work with them

IMGP0955.JPG

I got my parts the same as you yesterday. I did open my light and swiftly put it back together again. You will need a soldering iron if you want to do it. I contacted Ruby and asked her to arrange for a repair.

Hey Medfarmer, I'm not too sure that they will accept my lights for repair as my problem is with the LED colours not anything that has burned out yet. I think mine will remain hidden away until it's absolutely necessary that I use them, or until I have to send the lights in for repair. Hopefully that won't happen for a long while yet. The thing is the plants seem to be ok with the vegging lights in my tent but with the reflectors they just seemed to be really unhappy once I switched the growth set on too. Maybe with having the 1600w above them this time around it may not be so bad, but I can't see myself ever using the reflectors alone again as I just don't trust them anymore. Great to hear that they are trying to resolve the problem though, I look forward to hearing about how your light is after the repair. All the best mate and I have an update incoming shortly as I've turned the 1600w on also today :)

Hey hello all, so a little update today as the plants haven't had much growth overnight but I decided that I would hit them with a bit of extra light and turned on the Mars II 1600w. Unfortunately this means I also have to turn the fans on so it's pretty loud in here, but if it's good for the plants then I'm happy :) I gave them a little water but not a lot as they don't seem to be drinking much just yet, on the next feed I'm intending on giving them a minute amount of Canna Rhizotonic to help the roots and then after that I will start giving them small traces of Canna Terra.

Here is how they are looking today:

IMGP0961150813ps.jpg

All lights are on:

IMGP0958150813cr.jpg

So far so good with the plants and here's a little update of how the Plushberry smokes :)

The friend that I got the clones from came visiting yesterday so I gave him some of the Plushberry which is still curing (although one jar is being smoked). He was down to his last joint and was pretty chuffed when I gave him around an oz and half of what I had from the grow. It's half of what I got from the grow but I wanted to share as without the clones I wouldn't have had this particular strain to enjoy. Now we've both smoked MJ for around 25+ years apiece and he is probably a heavier smoker of it than I am, as I like a tipple too whereas he is mainly just into smoking. This is how my text messages read at 10:30pm last night:

"Nice one for that just tried it now it's well nice well stoned now lol"

lol, glad you liked it mate. Works well

"It does that got munchies lol bed soon"

So the nugs might not be rock hard or huge but to me this is a great compliment. I know that he's mainly about the sales when he grows but as I like to grow for the enjoyment itself I was happy that I could make an old school stoner happy with what I grew :) Talking of nugs while I was sorting him some out this fell out of the jar and I couldn't let it go :rofl:

Some of it has been lost before the picture was taken...ahem:

IMGP0962.JPG

It may not win any prizes for it's size or beauty, and I may not win awards for my trimming skills but this stuff really is great. I think letting it go to a fair amount of amber before the dry and cure was a good choice, in fact thanks to the Prof for pointing out that they were ready to harvest or I may have missed that harvest window :thumb:
This nug is my friend, he is my companion and he will remain with me this evening and we shall share each others company in quiet contemplation (and a bit of online gaming), the world is great. Peace, love and good karma to you all, thanks for sharing this green journey :Namaste::thumb:

Hey thanks db003 it certainly worked well ;) I've been dropping into your journals and noticed that you were popping auto's. Nice work and I look forward to seeing how they turn out. Any news on the mysterious disappearing seed yet? Hopefully that will pop through the soil as a bonus. All the best :thumb:

the garden is looking amazing man i hope this grow turns out the way you picture it! and hope you were able to get those diodes changed out ive never used a soldering iron before and dont know if i would be able to do that if i had to

Hi Kriaze, nice work! Plushberry looks dank, I wouldn't mind vaping a bowl or three of that with you some time ;) good luck with the seedlings, looks like they've got a nice new environment to grow up in! :Namaste:

Hey Mono, Hey Soilgirl, welcome! The Plushberry is probably the best smoke that I've ever had and everyone that has it seems to love it, or at least they keep asking me to give them some more lol. You would be most certainly welcome to do a few bowls of it with me but I can't guarantee you would get much sense out of me after that, probably some philosophical ramblings before I crumbled into a pile, it's knockout :)

As for the setup I've had to turn off the Mars II 1600w as I think that it was too much for the girls just yet, they were laying over on the soil avoiding the light. I turned it off and supplemented a CFL in there along with the reflectors and they seem to be thriving again. I'll add all this in the update though, it's a little hard uploading pictures at the moment though as the servers seem to be having problems so it will be one big update once they're sorted out. I'll see if there's much change tomorrow and hopefully be able to share the ups and downs (literally) of these plants. All the best :thumb:

Still pretty quiet here yet, I'm only feeding the seedlings water and I'm keeping the temps high. I'll probably start giving low feeds in a few days when I feel they need it. If anyone has any advice then that's greatly appreciated as ever. All the best everyone :thumb:

Hey Kriaze. Nice to see you've got a journal.
I'll take you up on that comment just because this caught my eye. Are you sure you want to start feeding them nutes in a few days? I'm sure they have all they need in their cotyledons and whatever trace amounts are in the medium. I haven't seen many people feed before 3 weeks or so with much success.
Anyway, subbed and glad to be here :thumb:

Hey Weaselcracker welcome and thanks for joining. You're absolutely right regarding the nutrients and when I said a few days I realised it would be way too soon after having read up a little more. They still had the minute dose of Rhizotonic but the nutrients I will be holding off until they have a few sets of true leaves. All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom