420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Bloom - 4 weeks, 5 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 11
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1
Number of fast waterings - 2
24 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 1 week, 6 days

Tonight, let's just let the buds do the talking. We suddenly find ourselves just several weeks from the end!

DSCF9872.JPG
DSCF9871.JPG
DSCF9870.JPG
DSCF9869.JPG
DSCF9868.JPG
Looking great Em!

Question on the cages, it looks like pic #1 and maybe pic #3.....the bud itself is leaning/touching the cage. That's OK?

I'm really interested in those cages as I nearly poked out an eye with my porcupine bambo stakes everywhere haha

Looking great Em!

Question on the cages, it looks like pic #1 and maybe pic #3.....the bud itself is leaning/touching the cage. That's OK?

I'm really interested in those cages as I nearly poked out an eye with my porcupine bambo stakes everywhere haha
Doesn't seem to hurt anything. If the plant doesn't like it, it can always move! If it is squished in there, the buds just seem to grow around the obstruction.

Bloom - 5 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 1
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1
Number of fast waterings - 3
27 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 2 weeks, 2 days

I think I can already see some of the backbuild cut buds starting to react, sending out immediate foxtailing from the center of the bud outward. Time will tell for sure, and it will become obvious that something is going on.

Today I see an obvious green up from where we were yesterday and I suspect that any previously mentioned deficiencies are now well taken care of with the extra helping of @GeoFlora Nutrients, just in time. We are inbetween on needing to do anything today, so I will just give you some bud shots, centering in on each cluster so you can see the difference between the same buds on the same plant. I am really starting to believe that these buds can finish out in 3 more weeks.

DSCF9894.JPG
DSCF9893.JPG
DSCF9892.JPG
DSCF9891.JPG
DSCF9890.JPG
DSCF9889.JPG

Bloom - 5 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 1
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1

I think I can already see some of the backbuild cut buds starting to react, sending out immediate foxtailing from the center of the bud outward. Time will tell for sure, and it will become obvious that something is going on.

Today I see an obvious green up from where we were yesterday and I suspect that any previously mentioned deficiencies are now well taken care of with the extra helping of @GeoFlora Nutrients, just in time. We are inbetween on needing to do anything today, so I will just give you some bud shots, centering in on each cluster so you can see the difference between the same buds on the same plant. I am really starting to believe that these buds can finish out in 3 more weeks.

DSCF9894.JPG
DSCF9893.JPG
DSCF9892.JPG
DSCF9891.JPG
DSCF9890.JPG
DSCF9889.JPG
Yum that cola in last pic

Bloom - 5 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 1
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1

DSCF9894.JPG
DSCF9893.JPG
DSCF9892.JPG
DSCF9891.JPG
DSCF9890.JPG
DSCF9889.JPG
Remarkable that you can see the beginning of the results of the backcut this quickly. Damn...it really does work. Sweet. Um, and I think I saw one leaf that was one half of one percent out of green, I'd get on that if I were you.
:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Um, and I think I saw one leaf that was one half of one percent out of green, I'd get on that if I were you.
:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
She, and the rest of us, are going to need you to point it out. Hard to see anything other than yummy goodness in this grow. :drool:

She, and the rest of us, are going to need you to point it out. Hard to see anything other than yummy goodness in this grow. :drool:
Lol!! Ok, I lied. It's perfect. I looked and looked and couldn't find one thing. Damn experienced growers.
:laughtwo:

Bloom - 5 weeks, 1 day
Geoflora Feed - Day 1
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 1

DSCF9894.JPG
DSCF9893.JPG
DSCF9892.JPG
DSCF9891.JPG
DSCF9890.JPG
DSCF9889.JPG
So @Emilya, not that you rank every grow necessarily, but out of curiosity, in the sum of your grows (god knows how many, lol), where does this one stand to this point? Do all your grows go this well? Is this one special beyond the comparative grow thing? Or just another day at the office? Sounds flippant I know but I'm really curious.

So @Emilya, not that you rank every grow necessarily, but out of curiosity, in the sum of your grows (god knows how many, lol), where does this one stand to this point? Do all your grows go this well? Is this one special beyond the comparative grow thing? Or just another day at the office? Sounds flippant I know but I'm really curious.
This by far is the best grow yet in my new house. The last few grows have been beset by bugs, hot and cold issues... it has been a steep learning curve adjusting to attic growing under a metal roofed house. This is also the biggest grow I have ever attempted and with the best lighting and fertilizers I have found or gathered up to this point. So everything being cumulative, this one is VERY special.

Now, volume not being considered and only quality the judging factor, I have had many stellar grows dating back over a decade. As I tried various methods and techniques, some worked, some did not, but there were indeed bright spots of success all through that time period. Most of my grows go well, but like many, I have had some that didn't and some that failed spectacularly. Look for example at my first LSD run, when I publically killed off a lot of plants. Look at my first run here in this house trying to get 30+ seeds going.

Only recently has it started to feel like "another day at the office" but that is due to many things. My knowledge level has reached the point where I can quickly diagnose most problems on sight and I have finally assembled all of the equipment together that is needed to run successful grows at this volume, and suddenly the major cash stream going in to supply the grow rooms has dwindled to a trickle, the routine has been established, and it does feel some days like it is a nice relaxing day at the office where everything is predicted and everything is going according to plan.

Thank you for the question Jon and the friendship you have shown me during your short time here on the forum. You have also helped me to continue growing in the ways that I deal with this forum and its wide array of inhabitants on a personal level. Thank you for being my friend. :love:

So foxtailing can be a good thing? I thought growers didn't like foxtailing.

So foxtailing can be a good thing? I thought growers didn't like foxtailing.
There is the foxtailing that builds out a bud and there is out of control foxtailing that happens when a bud is looking for better light. The latter results in long thin airey buds that dry down to nothing, while the former can add significant weight to the bud. The bud swell that you see at the end of a grow, typically between week 6-8, is the result of controlled foxtailing.

@Emilya just a quick question on your use of Terpinator in your TLO grows. I checked out the manufacturer's website and it says that Terpinator is not "organic". As most of your grows are organic, do you make an exception for this one product?
Hi KanaGirl! There is a difference between being certified as organic (OMRI) and actually being organic. Since the manufacturer doesn't want to give up their secret mix of ingredients for all the world to copy (it really is easy to copy), they could not gain the OMRI certification. This doesn't mean however that the product is not organic... it most certainly is.

Here from Terpinator's FAQ page:
Terpinator is made from ingredients derived from naturally occurring sources. Due to Terpinator’s proprietary nature, we are unable to disclose the full list of ingredients at this time and cannot be fully certified as organic. Terpinator will not harm microbial populations, and can actually improve the activity of microbes due to the presence of sulfates in the formula.

There is the foxtailing that builds out a bud and there is out of control foxtailing that happens when a bud is looking for better light. The latter results in long thin airey buds that dry down to nothing, while the former can add significant weight to the bud. The bud swell that you see at the end of a grow, typically between week 6-8, is the result of controlled foxtailing.
If I might add one comment to this post - I have found that too much light at the wrong time of budding can also cause weird foxtailing too...it can make the buds look quite weird. Just my experience. Perhaps that happens because the bud is trying to avoid too much light so it starts shooting it's growth out lower and weirdly?

If I might add one comment to this post - I have found that too much light at the wrong time of budding can also cause weird foxtailing too...it can make the buds look quite weird. Just my experience. Perhaps that happens because the bud is trying to avoid too much light so it starts shooting it's growth out lower and weirdly?
maybe a severe light burn at the top is handled by the plant quite like a nipping off of that top by a deer... so it then grows sideways, just like a backbuild cut

Bloom - 5 weeks, 2 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 2
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 2
28 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days

Two more days till the next watering since it is the 4th one, so we are waiting an extra day this time so as to let the soil dry out a bit more and pull some oxygen down deep into the containers. For today and tomorrow there is nothing to do but sit back and watch, so tonight after one shot of the entire room, I am going to do some doublet shots, first a bud on the plant that has not been cut, and then next to it a bud having experienced the backbuild cut. It should be obvious what is happening just by seeing a couple of pictures.

Enjoy! I hope you are all having an excellent evening!

DSCF9903.JPG

DSCF9902.JPG
DSCF9901.JPG

DSCF9900.JPG
DSCF9899.JPG

DSCF9898.JPG
DSCF9897.JPG

DSCF9896.JPG
DSCF9895.JPG

Bloom - 5 weeks, 2 days
Geoflora Feed - Day 2
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 2
28 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering

Length of Grow - 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days

Two more days till the next watering since it is the 4th one, so we are waiting an extra day this time so as to let the soil dry out a bit more and pull some oxygen down deep into the containers. For today and tomorrow there is nothing to do but sit back and watch, so tonight after one shot of the entire room, I am going to do some doublet shots, first a bud on the plant that has not been cut, and then next to it a bud having experienced the backbuild cut. It should be obvious what is happening just by seeing a couple of pictures.

Enjoy! I hope you are all having an excellent evening!

DSCF9903.JPG

DSCF9902.JPG
DSCF9901.JPG

DSCF9900.JPG
DSCF9899.JPG

DSCF9898.JPG
DSCF9897.JPG

DSCF9896.JPG
DSCF9895.JPG
Wow. Dramatic effect already. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom