9 Big Bud Grow 2 x 600Watt HIDS

might not need to go 10-14 days. Just an fyi in future grows to avoid stretching get those cfl's within a few inches and it'll help avoid the stretch. I'd say once you got the first set of true leaves on the seedlings then go and switch over to the MH's

Yeah mate I know but this 125w cfl puts out a bit of heat and don't want to hurt them when there so young lol. Yeah bud I defiantly agree to change them soon as the true set of leaves appear.
Thanks for the advice mate.
:peace:

ill post some photos tomorrow :)

image6952.jpg
image6951.jpg

if your going to spray your plants down do it just before lights out or maybe just after. Spraying during the light cycle causes those drops of water to magnify the light and burn your leaves. But yeah so far looking pretty good

if your going to spray your plants down do it just before lights out or maybe just after. Spraying during the light cycle causes those drops of water to magnify the light and burn your leaves. But yeah so far looking pretty good

Thanks bus cheers for the advice don't want to hurt them at all so I'll make sure I do that. Good to know I'm doing something right as want them to thrive. :)

Great looking setup!

A few questions/suggestions:

Have you tested running both HID's to check temps? I would imagine you could have heat issues running both of those HID's in that tent without cool-tubes.

I know in my tent, which is a 4x8', I would definitely have heat issues without cool tubes.

Your expecting 5+ oz per plant. While that is certainly possible with 9 plants I would imagine you would need to veg them a very long time and incorporate a SCROG.

The last thing I noticed was your carbon filter/extraction seems small for your tent. I'm using an inline fan/carbon combo that pushes 440cfm which is way overkill but necessary to manage heat/odor.

Hopes this advice helps. I'm fairly new myself so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure more experienced members will be able to advise you much better.

Wish you the best of luck! :Namaste:

Edit: Looking at some of your previous posts it looks like that's the direction your heading with a grow every 6 mos and using a SCROG. I would highly recommend a porta SCROG also called a grow through plant support. I found some at home depot for $2 ea. It's basically 3 legs with a screen on top. You can also find these on Amazon.

This is the one I'm slightly worried about guys?? Any advice? :peace:

Just guessing but I'd say she's either getting too cold or maybe overwatered.

Great looking setup!

A few questions/suggestions:

Have you tested running both HID's to check temps? I would imagine you could have heat issues running both of those HID's in that tent without cool-tubes.

I know in my tent, which is a 4x8', I would definitely have heat issues without cool tubes.

Your expecting 5+ oz per plant. While that is certainly possible with 9 plants I would imagine you would need to veg them a very long time and incorporate a SCROG.

The last thing I noticed was your carbon filter/extraction seems small for your tent. I'm using an inline fan/carbon combo that pushes 440cfm which is way overkill but necessary to manage heat/odor.

Hopes this advice helps. I'm fairly new myself so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure more experienced members will be able to advise you much better.

Wish you the best of luck! :Namaste:

Edit: Looking at some of your previous posts it looks like that's the direction your heading with a grow every 6 mos and using a SCROG. I would highly recommend a porta SCROG also called a grow through plant support. I found some at home depot for $2 ea. It's basically 3 legs with a screen on top. You can also find these on Amazon.

Hi Mr bubbles,

Thanks for the detailed reply.
I'll be honest I have not ran both HIDS in the tent yet but it is quite cold in the tent at the moment so I'm hoping that they actually will heat the tent up a bit so in respect to heat I can't imagine it would rise much more than 5 degrees centigrade?? I always have 3, 8 inch oscillating fans also in the tent for cooling. Should be satisfactory I hope. Lol

I was also going to use scrog idea also as I have seen it to increase yield by a lot. Which is always good. :)

In regards to the fan/carbon filter. You may be correct about the size but it moves 260 metres squared an hour?

Thanks for the advice everything helps and just nice to get any advice as I'm completely new to it :)

your plants look fine to me, maybe a lil over watering. just put them under the MH and they will be fine. If this is your first serious grow attempt i'd suggest you don't do any training, scrog or anything. Just let the ladies do their thing, and try to give them the ideal conditions they like. If your growing larger plants you can easily hit 4 zips of quality bud per plant without any special training or trimming. Besides its best to start at the basics and get more advanced as you learn from your own personal experience.

And dont worry about that wee yellow one. Just hold back on water and with those badboy lights you will have 9 bushes in a weeks time or I'll drink my bong water haha

Haha okay man I hope so I feel like I have obtained 9 children in the last week lol

Also you better hope so I'll hold you to drinking that bong water!!! Ha

Back
Top Bottom