A Martian Alchemy: Turning LED Into Gold With The FC3000

Serious question - should I be wearing sunglasses when working around LEDs? o_O

Was reminded of this when looking at your new lights!
I was going to ask you! :cool:
I use light correcting, eye protecting glasses under the HPS, but they aren’t much use here.
When I forget to bring sunglasses with me to the grow space I dim the light for sure.
It would be good to know what the recommended PPE is - whether we should wear polarised glasses, for example?
@SmokeSara ? What do Mars recommend?

All caught up DD. Very nice light, I’ve had a couple of Mars lights myself and they more than get the job done. Definitely need to up the CalMag with the leds though.
:passitleft:

LEDs see action!
We have moved the FC3000 to the flower room now.
This is a look under her bonnet.
And this is the flower light I have used til now.
So there is a huge difference in spectrum delivery. And even the best mmol/sec through the HPS is nearer the weaker, more distant end of the Martian footprint.
The Candida I put into the flower room a couple of days ago had grown 14” in 16 days under the FC3000. I only had the light on full power for the last day or two - since taking the Candida away. I’m impressed.
Here are the diodes.
There are warm white, cool white and red. I wonder if the long rectangular ones in the centre of each bar are ultraviolet because I can not see that they are on.
I left them in there with the closest tips at 13/14” and the light on 100%
Let the games begin!

:slide: :idea::idea::snowboating::idea::idea::slide:

I was going to ask you! :cool:
I use light correcting, eye protecting glasses under the HPS, but they aren’t much use here.
When I forget to bring sunglasses with me to the grow space I dim the light for sure.
It would be good to know what the recommended PPE is - whether we should wear polarised glasses, for example?
@SmokeSara ? What do Mars recommend?
Of course you need to wear sunglasses, otherwise the intensity of the light can easily burn your eyes

All caught up DD. Very nice light, I’ve had a couple of Mars lights myself and they more than get the job done. Definitely need to up the CalMag with the leds though.
:passitleft:
Thanks for dropping in, Lewy. I’d love to see you with enough room(s) to run all your lights! You’re using COBs now?
Your grow room is looking sensational DD! :ganjamon:
Thank you Koro. Hoping to get some altered sensations out of it. Sorry, did I say out of it? I mean medicine, of course ;)
Damn my long hung friend I hope they sent you some raybans with that puppy !!! Congrats on the new light! I remember when I got my light it was like Christmas
This is the Southern Hemisphere, but it was the same for me. Much like Xmas, but better. None of the distress of ‘who isn’t talking to who and why’ was there to trespass on the happy unboxing.
Effing gorgeous!
I swear this is incredible!
Of course you need to wear sunglasses, otherwise the intensity of the light can easily burn your eyes
Is there UV in the spectrum, Sara?

Thanks for dropping in, Lewy. I’d love to see you with enough room(s) to run all your lights! You’re using COBs now?
Yes mate I’m running COBs at half the power of my old hps set up and they kick ass. Gotta love these modern lights.

Are you also able to put the uva on an on/off switch, just for safety of us gardeners!
If the switch is added to UV alone, the cost of this will be greatly increased.
In contrast, I would recommend that you buy a UV supplementary lamp alone

Hello Earthlings. It has been a steady week under the Martian sun. The flower space is filling up.

I added one the other day so there are nine in there now. Nine is pretty comfortable. There will be eleven in there by the end of this week.

This is how I like to set my canopy, by adjusting the risers under the pots.

Isabelle was our bagseed beauty who brought me to :420:

Since then she has been cloned and recloned, even revegged like a phoenix.

She is 51” off the soil here; the same number I chose today for the latest Mars promotion. Go win a tent.

Isabelle is flip day 67 in the picture and her last one was pretty good at 78 so we’re aiming for the weekend after next for her.

Then I’ll drop the FC3000 another couple of inches.

Thanks for looking :love:

Stay safe :peace::smokin:

Holy moly that's going to be a crowded house (insert music link here)! Gotta be fun digging through the scrap pile looking for the perfect combination to balance everyone out.
:welldone:

(Floor to canopy) - (pot plus plant) = to the nearest 2”

A selection of various sized pedestals, 2” thick offcuts and ok the occasional bird box as a solution to muttering. It’s all good.

Here’s for you, Shed and any other listeners tuning in from your planet today.
Another favourite from a trimjail playlist from a record with the wonderful title “Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?”

Back
Top Bottom