Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

:popcorn:

I can confirm also on using less water. Maybe half as much with led.
I believe it has to do with much less radiant heat. My old hps lights put out a great deal of radiant heat so the plant had to transpire (sweat) away the heat. The leds have almost no radiant heat so not as much transpiration loss.

Hey doc I don't know if you have hit on this in the past, but since this is a veg journal too, how long do you veg your clones before putting them into bloom? Does the length of flowering times for certain strains veg for longer or shorter times?

I veg according to what I'm trying to do with the plant. I always like shorter plants with 3 or more tops, so that takes time to shape. I also like far more roots than stems and leaves, so that also takes awhile and frequent wet/dry cycles.

Some strains take longer than others.

I just did a major pruning which I took video of. I'll get pics soon, but I'm hoping to have some decent video soon.

Well, due to the timing of receiving the lights, I'm going to have to make a couple adjustments in the schedule of this grow.

I've already taken clones from everything, and they are rooted, so I'll be putting them under the veg light and then blooming them.

I though I'd bloom out the plants currently under the veg light, but I still have plants in the tray under HPS that need to finish. I don't want to change from HPS to LED mid-bloom, so I decided to veg out the next batch and put them under the bloom lights.

The plants under the DS200 EX-VEG are stretching more than normal for me. I'll try to adjust by lower the light, but the footprint of this light isn't conducive to vegging more than 3 or 4 plants. That's kind of a bummer for me.

LED makers! Listen up! Here's what needs to happen:

1. Daisy chainable lights. Advanced has 'em! Yay! Others do not.....boo.
2. Footprints of 2x4, 3x4, almost anything by 4. This round sorta 2x2.25 footprint sucks. Boo Advanced, Yay other makers who have larger footrprints.

Having bitched about that, I will gladly admit that the lights grow healthy plants, but they stretch more than with T5.

Hey doc that's a bummer bout the footprints......I have noticed this too, in my search to light my new veg tent......well I guess I'll keep researching.......hey by chance do you know what lights advanced sent you for bloom? Are they the 10 watters, 5watters, or 3watters?:passitleft:

I'm not sure about that, but when I get them hung I'll certainly post all those details.

Interestingly, those kind of details bore the crap out of me! I look at the actual end product, not the numbers.

I'm not sure about that, but when I get them hung I'll certainly post all those details.

Interestingly, those kind of details bore the crap out of me! I look at the actual end product, not the numbers.

I agree.....we all are concerned with the end product......:high-five: that's why I like these sponsored thread ya start.....you can only believe so much of what a salesperson says bout their products.........thanks again will be watching for the new bloom lights......

Thank's Doc,
I am only new here @420, and have only just scratched the surface of info here, so much to read !!!
Although I mostly grow Hydro, Im particularly interested in growing high quality organic produce, to eat and smoke.
Your q&a on high brix method has drawn me in, only to about page 20 so far, but very interesting:goodjob::bravo:
The world needs more like minded individuals !!

Back
Top Bottom