Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

woosh right over my head LOL
Thats good to know on the distances and your welcome to see my ongoing journal almost finishing up after cure and weights.My chop will be soon on Sunday and be open minded to my Blue cheese plant I am not so happy with it. It was a Nirvana reg Blue Mystic from a middleman dealer I mentioned in my journal. I stilll feel noobie and there could be a many reasons it grew like that from my care or I have weird pheno but "Dont underestimate the force" :goodluck: when you pop them beans

Yea, I won't let that bother me. I plan on always doing some sorta LST to keep my plants short so the stretch will not be allowed. And for Fluxing I will need the nodes close together so spreading the tops will help with that.

Your using clones and I commend you but I'm not even gonna try that....yet. All my seeds except the freebies are fems. Blue Mystic, Bubblelisious, Ice, Swiss Cheese, AK48 and White Widow

I am hoping I can get the pH in the res for the HS under control it keep going up on me.

are you using microbes and sugar product together in the res?

if so your breeding mass microbes and they are causing your ph swing. I had the same problem when using microbes and Heavy 16 Prime which they advertise as a microbe feed.

how large is your res?

are you using microbes and sugar product together in the res?

if so your breeding mass microbes and they are causing your ph swing. I had the same problem when using microbes and Heavy 16 Prime which they advertise as a microbe feed.

how large is your res?

only 5 gallons, I am using GH Grow/Micro/Bloom, Dutch Master Silica, GH Florablend, and GO CaMg+. using TheCapn's feeding recipe from his blog. Wonder if that CaMg+ is sugar like, it smells/looks almost like molasses.

Also using his beneficial bacteria recipe but none gone in this plant/res since 2 weeks ago. It needs another batch i think.

Thanks for any help.

only 5 gallons, I am using GH Grow/Micro/Bloom, Dutch Master Silica, GH Florablend, and GO CaMg+. using TheCapn's feeding recipe from his blog. Wonder if that CaMg+ is sugar like, it smells/looks almost like molasses.

Also using his beneficial bacteria recipe but none gone in this plant/res since 2 weeks ago. It needs another batch i think.

Thanks for any help.

Florablend has and will feed microbes , and silica will raise ph if too much is used.

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: FloraBlend

5 gals is too small a res IMO . my first hydro was 5 gals I had all kinds of swings ph and ppm. I recommend you go get a 27 gal tote from home d. more res less work , and less headache.
Gen Hydro nutes aren't the most ph stable out there but they're cheap and work good.
I'd cut down the silica if your ph is going up badly.

hope this helps brother . keep up the good work. :)

with regards to CaMG+ Just what I had, did not think made difference, hydro is still new to me.

I will ask TheCapn in his blog if that makes a difference for his recipe.

He specifically says use Florablend.

With regards to Silica, only using 1 mL per gallon.

I only used 5 gallon res, because did not want big ass res and then pot sitting on top of it taking up vertical room.

Thanks for the help again, great input, since this new to me still and following TheCapn's method going to ask him what thinks of your suggestions :)

Also I don't know why your using Calmag+ which is for they're organics line not for hydro. I use Calimagic

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: CaMg+

Hey CD, I didn't catch before that you were using the G.O. camg+.

Ronnie is correct that running beneficials can play with your PH a bit, and organic nutrients in hydro can be a pain for sure. I meant to ask you, how much tea are you using when you use it? You shouldn't need to use more than 8-10 oz. If you're putting in a quart or gallon of it, that could be wreaking havoc on your PH, like Ronnie said. The tea is indeed organic, but using 8-10oz a week, shouldnt fluctuate your PH too much.

He is also correct that a 5 gallon res is really small. Recently, I've picked up a couple of the 14 gallon "brute" totes from lowes. They are $20. They hold 14 gallons and only take up 11" of height. So you can get a good 10 gallons in there and a few inches to spare.

If you're REALLY hurting for height space, a buddy of mine is running capn style and he is simply hand watering his plants, to waste. He is two weeks into flower and they are looking stellar!

Thanks to both of you....

I am using about 2 cups of the tea per application, been about 2 weeks since this plant gotten any. There is some residue of the Ancient Forest on the top of the rockwool.

I will get some Calimagic next time at grow store.

I will look at getting larger tote this weekend.

The problem seems to be from the waterings, when it just sitting in res between waterings pH fairly stable, like this am checked before leaving for work and then at lunch, pH did not move.

im in the market for a new LED. this is a great side by side!

SUBD

Crawdadday,

Glad I found this journal. My first grow is nearing completion with MH/HPS. I have my next set of girls (White Widow x Bigbud) ready to go into the big tent as well as my brand new Mars II 1200. Your results to date are exciting and re-affirming my choice in lights.

I watch with baited breath on how big the buds get. You look to be doing a great job.

Maui

Thanks to both of you....

The problem seems to be from the waterings, when it just sitting in res between waterings pH fairly stable, like this am checked before leaving for work and then at lunch, pH did not move.

Yep that tells us the magic is happening in the root zone :)

Well the good news is the plant is not showing any ill effects beyond just a few burnt tips, also backed off ppm to about 700 from 800-900, Hopefully i have not missed out on any good bud formation in these last week-2 of pH ups and downs.

Love this journal, always something to learn.
I myself am getting ready to start a capn style top feed grow so its been great to see it in action here.

I can't tell from the photos, do you it set up exactly like the capn?

More or less, in this case it a 5 gallon airpot (well 3.8, they call it 5 gallon 'equivalent') sitting on top of a 7-8 gallon res(only 4-5 of water in it) with pump in it. And i bought a hydro halo cause i lazy and not make my own out of PVC piping.

pH has only risen about.1-.2 overnight and with irrigation this morning, i left it at 5.4 last night (I know low, figured go up as has been) and it 5.5-5.6 this am. well check again this afternoon after 2nd irrigation of day.

More or less, in this case it a 5 gallon airpot (well 3.8, they call it 5 gallon 'equivalent') sitting on top of a 7-8 gallon res(only 4-5 of water in it) with pump in it. And i bought a hydro halo cause i lazy and not make my own out of PVC piping.

pH has only risen about.1-.2 overnight and with irrigation this morning, i left it at 5.4 last night (I know low, figured go up as has been) and it 5.5-5.6 this am. well check again this afternoon after 2nd irrigation of day.

That's similar to how I plan to set mine up. Thinking of usingf a trey and bit of tube/pipe to increase the draining capabilities... Trying to find good diy tutorial

subbed. i'm growing with the 144x3w and in flowering now. loving it so far!

That's similar to how I plan to set mine up. Thinking of usingf a trey and bit of tube/pipe to increase the draining capabilities... Trying to find good diy tutorial

It is really simple man, just try it out no need for DIY IMO. And if you have questions ask Capn on his blog, he is REAL helpful

subbed. i'm growing with the 144x3w and in flowering now. loving it so far!

Welcome!

Update Time...

Flower Day 31

I have compiled a list of issues that some may think would effect integrity of test....

1. Uneven splitting of growth between two sides in beginning, particularly on Hawaiian Snow side.
2. Messing up light timer and keeping on a full night or 2 about 7-10 days into flower.
3. pH Fluctuation in the HS res.
4. Mite attack and subsequent harm of mite spray.

Of the 4 the only one that is not effecting both sides equally is #1. IMO that is the main cause of the difference in growth in the HS between two sides.

#2 was resolved long ago

#3 I have just bought new res larger res ....
DSCN20735.JPG

and bought GH CALiMAGic as replacement for GO CaMg+

#4 I just gave plants 3rd out of 3 treatments of 'Nuke-Em' anti mite spray. Unfortunately i am now seeing some burnt pistils, mostly on BB cause it farther along.

IMO only #1 could effect integrity of test, the others are equal on both sides, just may make buds not as good overall.

Lastly, I could not help trimming the underneath of the Hawaiian Snow, it was just WAY too messy and nothing would have come of those parts no matter what. Here is shot after...

DSCN20745.JPG

Here is normal photo update, As usual Top LED on left...
DSCN20644.JPG

DSCN20656.JPG
DSCN20667.JPG

HS out of way, pic quality not best but should be able to see burnt pistils.
DSCN20675.JPG
DSCN20686.JPG
DSCN20692.JPG
DSCN20706.JPG
DSCN20716.JPG

Still not seeing any real difference between the sides, beyond the HS having more veg growth on Top LED side, but as said before I think cause i messed up not able to conclude Top LED any better in this regard without a doubt.

Well any comments positive and negative, as long as constructive, welcome!

From your pictures I'd say the TopLED buds look bigger on both plants. Regardless of any troubles you've had along the way, both sides have shared it so it'll still be a valid test imo

It's a shame Intelligent Gro wont put their light forward to a grow off, I'd love to see the cloudy weather & moon lit sky spectrum beat a TopLED

From your pictures I'd say the TopLED buds look bigger on both plants. Regardless of any troubles you've had along the way, both sides have shared it so it'll still be a valid test imo

It's a shame Intelligent Gro wont put their light forward to a grow off, I'd love to see the cloudy weather & moon lit sky spectrum beat a TopLED

It maybe perspective of pics, cause i seen no real difference between the bud development yet.

Back
Top Bottom