Alaskan1 Does Indicas Tent #1

This tent has me very worried. I have plants overshadowing other plants in a big way. The plants are just starting stretch. Defoled about two weeks ago. Will be another two weeks before It wil be day 21 and I can defol again..........They have nice height already and are growing like mo fos.
What kind of damage will I be doing if I defol them again?
Next tent which I just started I will be following in Bass's footsteps and plucking leves all the time. Big ones anyway.
I need opinions please!!
IMG_066515.JPG

IMG_066413.JPG

This tent has me very worried. I have plants overshadowing other plants in a big way. The plants are just starting stretch. Defoled about two weeks ago. Will be another two weeks before It wil be day 21 and I can defol again..........They have nice height already and are growing like mo fos.
What kind of damage will I be doing if I defol them again?
Next tent which I just started I will be following in Bass's footsteps and plucking leves all the time. Big ones anyway.
I need opinions please!!

Wow these indicas are going for it! They are feeling the love. I am on the don't defoliate side of the line... yet. With leaves like that the canopy will "self scrog" with leaves instead of a screen. When buds start, I sparingly remove or if you can push down and away fan leaves blocking bud sites but leave as much as you can as they will lift their leaves out of the way on their own and those leaves feed the bud sites energy. If air is not moving you will be in danger of mold so below the canopy remove just enough (not all!!) leaves to allow air to circulate

Now I will let someone type the opposite :cheesygrinsmiley:

They will suggest that you could defoliate much more right now!! … and they would also be correct. You can continually defoliate at will, it will stunt growth and make more manageable plants.

Wow these indicas are going for it! They are feeling the love. I am on the don't defoliate side of the line... yet. With leaves like that the canopy will "self scrog" with leaves instead of a screen. When buds start, I sparingly remove or if you can push down and away fan leaves blocking bud sites but leave as much as you can as they will lift their leaves out of the way on their own and those leaves feed the bud sites energy. If air is not moving you will be in danger of mold so below the canopy remove just enough (not all!!) leaves to allow air to circulate

Now I will let someone type the opposite :cheesygrinsmiley:

They will suggest that you could defoliate much more right now!! … and they would also be correct. You can continually defoliate at will, it will stunt growth and make more manageable plants.

Well we are striving for quantity here. At what point is it too much and costs the other plants thier lives or colas? Which is the lesser eveil at this point? Leaving them alone or defol?

Well we are striving for quantity here. At what point is it too much and costs the other plants thier lives or colas? Which is the lesser eveil at this point? Leaving them alone or defol?

I would have to be in tune with your strain to answer that. If this is the first time with this strain I might suggest 50/50, really prune up 1/2 the tent ...and see how they do

I'm on Pluck, or Tuck til Day 22... Anything that is shading a bud, goes away... But that's just me.

see? :rofl:

I would have to be in tune with your strain to answer that. If this is the first time with this strain I might suggest 50/50, really prune up 1/2 the tent ...and see how they do

see? :rofl:

The lemon kush I could mow over with a tank....THEN light it on fire and it would somehow find a way to bounce back. I fookin just love that plant. Hardiest plant I have in my whole mother plant ammo. Damn thing grew new leaves while in clone mode..............go figure.

The lemon kush I could mow over with a tank....THEN light it on fire and it would somehow find a way to bounce back. I fookin just love that plant. Hardiest plant I have in my whole mother plant ammo. Damn thing grew new leaves while in clone mode..............go figure.

Lemon Kush is a GROWTH MONSTER! it never stops. It even keeps going in FLOWER, so pluck away!

After about day 21, I pluck continuously if something seems in the way and/or I just don't want it there. I make sure that it's not supporting a budsite that isn't yet mature enough to stand on it's own. I don't probably squeeze them in as tight as you either, so I'm a little out of my league on advice. But, I feel like if it's not supporting a tiny (not yet developed) budsite, pull it if it's in the way. Just my take!

Thanks for helping me out at the Farmer's Market!!! That is very very cool of you :)
My opinion on defoliating: Personally, I prefer one big defoliation at about 3 weeks into flower give or take a few days. Then I just pluck leaves off as they start to cover up bud sites. I pretty much pluck a few every day or every other day until they are done. I target only the leaves that are covering up bud sites and just about all fan leaves that are shaded on the bottom of the plant because those are mostly carbon sinks and not carbon sources.

Back
Top Bottom