Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

My new buddy Deege was checking out this thread so I popped my head in to check it out.

If anyone wants to see a complete noobs journal you can check mine out. Its my first grow in about 12 years and my previous few tries was me basically tossing seeds in the ground when i was a 16 y/o stoner kid and using way too much miracle grow. At least this time it'll be a lil better :D.

Just wanted to say, the gals are looking great. Definitely a full house, but what a full house! :yummy:

Thanks for sharing your experience with defoliating. I love when people share and do things that help us all add to our collective knowledge. :thumb:

Also - love your post Jandre. Good rant! :high-five:

Just wanted to say, the gals are looking great. Definitely a full house, but what a full house! :yummy:

Thanks for sharing your experience with defoliating. I love when people share and do things that help us all add to our collective knowledge. :thumb:

Also - love your post Jandre. Good rant! :high-five:

Thank you, brother. You know me when I get going, lol! You were the first! It's still funny lookin' back.

Checked in on the kids this night and holy crap on a cracker. Xlr8 turned me onto Silica for my grow and holy hell those stems are like tree trunks now just after a week and a half. I went to go give one of them the ol pinch and bend..........yeah that ain't happening no more. Couldn't pinch the damn thing lol I won't have to worry about tying up colas anymore as these stalks will support now anything that grows on them.......Thanks X!!!!!!

I'm not one for sniffing my plants, I don't know.....really doesn't do much for me but............I was going in to tie off one of my bigger colas because now I can't pinch them (thanks X) and I leaned over one of my plants and all of a sudden I get this smell, I'm like what the hell. Does this smell like what I think I smell?? My peanut butter kush I shit you not smells like freakin peanut butter lol Kinda freaked me out lol I was gigglin like a school girl at her first prom dance. How awesome is that?? A plant that smells like peanut butter !!!!!!!

All my plants in tent 2 are awesomely healthy and happy right now. Life is good!

Funny you should mention that! I just had a very experienced grower friend here and we were talking about that very same subject. We were thinking that 8 might be the correct number for each tent. We are trying to boost production in each tent. He does not believe that 10 pounds wet is reachable they way it's set up now.

But I bet it's achievable with 8 plants in high defoliation. or damn close. I've read of avg's hitting 17-18oz with a plant or two hitting 20z.

just a fyi, have plenty of string nearby. You can and will need to set up a sort of screen. just a few loops through the tent to support branches from falling.

Just doing a drive bye and see whats up. Got to read back abit Dude, but I plan on getting this one read tonite> Did a fast scroll back and seen the room. Looks great in there Alaskan. I see you got using that silica. They claim it's plentiful in most fertilizers but couldn't hurt. Tell ya something else, helps plenty with alot of things, things like, 'dare I mention' whispering, stronger cell walls help ward off pm attacks or spider mites infestations. Also suppose to help lower light levels, along with the drought and stress resistances. Rep's++
Keepem Green

Checked in on the kids this night and holy crap on a cracker. Xlr8 turned me onto Silica for my grow and holy hell those stems are like tree trunks now just after a week and a half. I went to go give one of them the ol pinch and bend..........yeah that ain't happening no more. Couldn't pinch the damn thing lol I won't have to worry about tying up colas anymore as these stalks will support now anything that grows on them.......Thanks X!!!!!!

I'm not one for sniffing my plants, I don't know.....really doesn't do much for me but............I was going in to tie off one of my bigger colas because now I can't pinch them (thanks X) and I leaned over one of my plants and all of a sudden I get this smell, I'm like what the hell. Does this smell like what I think I smell?? My peanut butter kush I shit you not smells like freakin peanut butter lol Kinda freaked me out lol I was gigglin like a school girl at her first prom dance. How awesome is that?? A plant that smells like peanut butter !!!!!!!

All my plants in tent 2 are awesomely healthy and happy right now. Life is good!

Awesome. I'm glad it's working out. There are only a couple of additive products that I can point to and say with a degree of confidence "I think that really works". Silica is one of those. My biggest advice on it: is that you add it last amongst any additives, then PH your reservoir before adding your base nutes (for example the Blue Planet 3 part nutes). Silica really causes a huge spike up in PH when you add it, and balancing the PH before adding the nutes might keep something from "falling out" due to some crazy high PH in the res.

My findings, (I use a 20 gallon reservoir so mileage may vary), is that if I can PH my reservoir after Silica to about 6.1 or 6.2, then add nutrients, it ends up around 5.6 to 5.7 or so PH. I don't always PH again after I add nutes as long as it was at about 6.2 or so before adding nutrients, because in my res it'll always end up in a good spot after the nutrients (BPN 3 part). If that makes sense!

Oh, and how cool that the Peanut Butter Kush smells like "Skippy"! :yummy:

Awesome. I'm glad it's working out. There are only a couple of additive products that I can point to and say with a degree of confidence "I think that really works". Silica is one of those. My biggest advice on it: is that you add it last amongst any additives, then PH your reservoir before adding your base nutes (for example the Blue Planet 3 part nutes). Silica really causes a huge spike up in PH when you add it, and balancing the PH before adding the nutes might keep something from "falling out" due to some crazy high PH in the res.

My findings, (I use a 20 gallon reservoir so mileage may vary), is that if I can PH my reservoir after Silica to about 6.1 or 6.2, then add nutrients, it ends up around 5.6 to 5.7 or so PH. I don't always PH again after I add nutes as long as it was at about 6.2 or so before adding nutrients, because in my res it'll always end up in a good spot after the nutrients (BPN 3 part). If that makes sense!

Xlr8, yoodaman!

But I bet it's achievable with 8 plants in high defoliation. or damn close. I've read of avg's hitting 17-18oz with a plant or two hitting 20z.

just a fyi, have plenty of string nearby. You can and will need to set up a sort of screen. just a few loops through the tent to support branches from falling.

But..............I have X's secret weapon!!!.............Silica !!!!!

Well dammit I wish I would have read that BEFORE I changed the nutes tonight!
Silica is has been the last thing I added THEN I PH my res.
Speaking of which............I went full bonzo reccomended nute mix with the BPN tonight. 3ML per 5 gallons on the Zone and 5ml per 5 gallons on the silica. My EC was 2.58 :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom