Alaskan1 Sativa Dom Flo n Gro Tent #2

Hey Alaskan have you ever had plants outside during the winter? If so what strains. I was kinda wanting to flower some plants outdoors from Nov-Jan. Where I live can get almost as cold as where you live during winter. Prob about 25F during the worst nights.

Also where can one get silica for super cheap? Is it really as good as some of you make it seem? Plus isnt perlite made from silica? So If I have lots of perlite in my soil wouldnt I be fine and adding extra silica just be overkill?

Hey Alaskan have you ever had plants outside during the winter? If so what strains. I was kinda wanting to flower some plants outdoors from Nov-Jan. Where I live can get almost as cold as where you live during winter. Prob about 25F during the worst nights.

Also where can one get silica for super cheap? Is it really as good as some of you make it seem? Plus isnt perlite made from silica? So If I have lots of perlite in my soil wouldnt I be fine and adding extra silica just be overkill?

It's no miracle product, but I've always had sturdy plants and have very rarely had to support any branch or budsite. You can also use it as a foliar to help fix PM issues (Powdery Mildew). It does seem to help greatly with heat resistance, in my opinion - and I think that's a pretty widely accepted and documented benefit of silica (heat/drought resistance). Spider Mites are supposed to not like the stuff much either and bugs find the leaves tough and unpalatable.

Best prices I've found are about $15 a quart for a product called "Silica Blast" by Botanicare. I've not tried that specific Silica supplement, but it seems like a good price and Botanicare seems to have good products imo. I just started using "Pro-Tekt" by Dyna Grow, and it's another affordable one. I just noticed both are available for $16-18 at, believe it or not:

Welcome to Kmart.com

It's no miracle product, but I've always had sturdy plants and have very rarely had to support any branch or budsite. You can also use it as a foliar to help fix PM issues (Powdery Mildew). It does seem to help greatly with heat resistance, in my opinion - and I think that's a pretty widely accepted and documented benefit of silica (heat/drought resistance). Spider Mites are supposed to not like the stuff much either and bugs find the leaves tough and unpalatable.

Best prices I've found are about $15 a quart for a product called "Silica Blast" by Botanicare. I've not tried that specific Silica supplement, but it seems like a good price and Botanicare seems to have good products imo. I just started using "Pro-Tekt" by Dyna Grow, and it's another affordable one. I just noticed both are available for $16-18 at, believe it or not:

Welcome to Kmart.com

But wouldnt I get enough silica since I use perlite in my soil? Perlite is silica that has been heat treated.

But wouldnt I get enough silica since I use perlite in my soil? Perlite is silica that has been heat treated.

Good question, and I agree with Alaskan1, better to ask a good soil grower that. OMM and MSquared would be good as A1 mentioned. Also, DocBud and Vapedogg are excellent soil growers, too. Great question!

ok, beginning of week 5 frostiness!
Pictures at lights out!

IMG_06169.JPG

IMG_061511.JPG

IMG_061412.JPG

IMG_061311.JPG

IMG_06127.JPG

Good question, and I agree with Alaskan1, better to ask a good soil grower that. OMM and MSquared would be good as A1 mentioned. Also, DocBud and Vapedogg are excellent soil growers, too. Great question!

You do not get enough silica that way. I still ad it to all my grows.:thumb:

Thanks OMM for grabbing that. :thumb: I have never added it, but would advise it to anyone showing signs of weak stems or branching.
I am sure some of my plants would benefit from it, but I have some great stakes :)

Thanks as always guys.

:peace:

Had to cut a cola down from the PBK, it was very wet and I felt like mold would onset at any time. So to be safe instead of sorry I cut the cola down and hung it to dry. It was the last of the plants I tried to save when the light came crashing down. I also have some leaves turning a weird color so I will post that a little bit later tonight to try and get some help in solving what the issue is.

Back
Top Bottom