AllSmiles 2017 Organic Grow Using Recycled Soil

I'm rather convinced the primary fans don't have to stay at all. I keep a good bit of them as a buffer against my own errors though, and I like them to stay until the roots have fully stretched out. The smaller fans can stay, but a good many of those can go too without much harm. The bracts (leaflets) of the bud, power the process as best I can tell. Just like every other part of the plant, it will run source to sink, leaf/branch to bud. Since it's part of the sink (bud) to begin with, it's rather efficient. Pulling from other parts or translocation isn't needed imo unless you aren't providing everything needed at mid to late flower, and/or your leaf tissue is under par, low brix etc. Juss riffin bro. :)

Here are the girls at 3 weeks of 12/12. They got lollipopped some and heavily defol'd 4 days ago and didn't lose a beat.

Sour Diesel #2. Not the biggest or bushiest but healthy and hope for some good quality.
IMG_141036.jpg
IMG_141943.jpg
IMG_142130.jpg

IMG_141340.jpg

And Serious 6. Beast. Just a beautifuly plant. Looks like she needs another round of defoliation.
IMG_145533.jpg
IMG_146339.jpg
IMG_145238.jpg
IMG_143346.jpg
IMG_144342.jpg
IMG_143842.jpg

Both just got top dressed with EWC, Ancient Forest, kelp, and an organic amendment from Epsoma for Flowers. Forget the name of that last one but I just picked it up. Gonna start up some tea for them now for next feed.
:peace::)

And Serious 6. Beast. Just a beautifuly plant. Looks like she needs another round of defoliation.
IMG_145533.jpg

Some mighty fine looking plants all around there AS. You should be really happy with them.

As far as defol on this Serious 6, I'd look at removing the entire bottom third. It seems extreme, I know, but the remaining bud sites will get really fat and even the mids will be those plump heart-shaped buds that are often my favorite parts.

Many adhere to the "top cola + next three bud sites" and remove everything else for the best quality. I've left them, and removed them and, like you, I make peripheral products with the popcorn and larf (i.e. bubble hash, budder and oil) so there's not much loss either way. But I will also confess to liking the ones I lollipopped the best. Easier to trim and better quality buds in the end.

Nice work.

Some mighty fine looking plants all around there AS. You should be really happy with them.

As far as defol on this Serious 6, I'd look at removing the entire bottom third. It seems extreme, I know, but the remaining bud sites will get really fat and even the mids will be those plump heart-shaped buds that are often my favorite parts.

Many adhere to the "top cola + next three bud sites" and remove everything else for the best quality. I've left them, and removed them and, like you, I make peripheral products with the popcorn and larf (i.e. bubble hash, budder and oil) so there's not much loss either way. But I will also confess to liking the ones I lollipopped the best. Easier to trim and better quality buds in the end.

Nice work.

Thanks Gov. Extremely happy with them. Especally S6.

You're the second person today I've talked to that prefers the mid buds over the top colas. Funny thing is I find myself smoking mostly the middle tier buds also. A fellow grower and member here was just over and had to push aside all the big buds left in my Motavation jar..LOL. He preferred the middle ones too.

Dude, everytime I go to try and clear out the bottoms really good I can't seem to get myself to do it. And now that I think about it every time I harvest I go thru the same trimming nightmare and back pains. You know what. I'm headed down stairs right now and doing it! No backing down this time :) I need to get over the hump. Appreciate you Gov! Gonna post a pic right after too dammit.

Superb health & very strong looking plants AS. I trim up a little higher than I see in your plants too, but only the small forming buds. I leave the leaves if they get light. Leaves that are shadowed get trimmed w/ the little bud sites. Like to keep as many leaves "working" as possible. :Namaste:

Thanks BL. I saw this before I went on my lollipopping mission. Did very little defol. Pretty much defol'd how you explained. :high-five:

Alright, so I lollipopped quite a bit. Not sure how I feel. Cut off a good 20 - 30 branches that had nice little flowers on them. I left SD2 alone as she was very picky when I topped her and she just went thru a good trim a few days ago. Here's how S6 looks now.

IMG_636112.jpg
IMG_636610.jpg
IMG_636211.jpg
IMG_78129.jpg

Looking clean! It's alot easier maneuvering the plants now. At least I won't have to trim all those branches.

It might be due to recovery after a recent watering, but those leafs are at least a half inch higher in posture, than they were this morning. ;) I see a good few of my plants do this though, in response to a good trimming. I find it satisfying, that they respond well to it, stepping up to the plate, after being forced down to their fighting weight.

Trying some 818 right now. She's REAL nice brother. Slower build, but comes on nicely. Was licking the resin off my lips, and it was sweet as hell. We rolled a joint of her, and smoked almost all of it. Flavor was dead on. Not a hint of salt or nute taste, or any missteps in dry and cure. Proper shit. Color was great, and she was still spongy. Potent, but not overwhelming. Fucking right brother. :high-five: :Namaste:

All. Smiles.

The windows in this Hotel open, thank god :yahoo:

Nice job. As healthy as she is, you'll be well rewarded come harvest time. Now you'll get to see the difference in the finished product. I'm not overly worried about total yield weight, but I DO like to get as much really good bud as I can, and I think you're going to get it from that plant too.

Serious 6 has definitely responded well and can't wait to see what the end result will look and taste like! I'm right there with you on Quality over Quantity. I'm on a 10 day road trip now to visit college campuses with my daughter. Can't wait to see how she progressed when I get back. I have someone watering for me this trip. Last time I lost 2 plants. Can't have that happening again. Peace brother!

Alright, just got back from a 2 week road trip and put over 3200 miles on the truck. All I could think about on the way home were my plants:) They are doing great. I had a guy water every 3 days and at one stretch they went 4 days before water. S6 usually needs watering every 2-3 days and SD2 every 4 so I was more worried about S6. She's looking good though. Some burn on leaf tips and lightly crinkled leaves on some fans but overall in good health. Buds have developed nicely on s6. S2 is not as big but much more resin at this point. Just a couple of quick pics that I snapped. I'll get better ones up in a couple days.

IMG_642517.jpg
IMG_642716.jpg

Time to crash!

Looks good AS. I'm really confident you'll be super-happy with the way the buds develop. They look to be stacking perfectly so far.
Oh I'm happy already Gov! S6 is building and forming nicely! Wish I had done the same to SD2.

Dude :high-five:

Looking great :) She's going to fill in real nice, lots of big chunky colas :thumb:

You musta been so happy. I know I was just a couple weeks ago. They took a small ding, but that was it. No wilted mess or timer shits lol. :surf:
Thanks Brotha! I'm so relieved they are ok. S6 definitely isn't up to standards if I were home to care for it but I'll take it. Only the leaves took some minor damage. Buds look prestine!

Nice colas!

Thanks coop! They coming along!

I woke up this morning fresh and well rested from my trip. Took my time to play with the camera and got some better pics for yall! Lots of bud shots :) Girls are on 39 days of 12/12.

First up Serious 6. You can definitely tell she was thirsting for water at some point. I bet she was pretty dry when she went 4 days between watering. Many leaves are curvy with some wilting up and some down. However the buds did not take a hit. She smells fruity, piney, dark earthy and rounded off with fuel! Wish the resin production would pick up some but this one is definitely fun to grow. I moved the fan down CS! :winkyface:
IMG_154327.jpg
IMG_154533.jpg
IMG_154633.jpg
IMG_159930.jpg
IMG_160131.jpg
IMG_160929.jpg

And Sour Diesel #2. Bud structure is much different. Not the huge colas of S6 but nice sparkly, dense gems! She's has moved past S6 on the "I can't wait to try it"! She smells of very sweet lemons. She's going to be a keeper I think. Wish she hadn't responded so badly to the topping but I'm taking what she's giving now :) She did not miss a beat while I was gone.
IMG_154940.jpg
IMG_155139.jpg
IMG_155832.jpg
IMG_156129.jpg
IMG_158826.jpg
IMG_158026.jpg
IMG_158629.jpg

The clone of S6 used for fem pollen did not open on their own before I left so I had to squeeze the pollen out myself and put her down. I then pollinated 3 branches of S6 and one of SD2 (marked by green ties in pics). I can see the nice big calyxes which I'm sure has beans in them.

Also just threw in a couple of Laniakea and a Mazar in jiffy pellets. I wanted to do this when the girls went into flower but had to hold off due to the trip so there may be a few weeks where the flower room is empty :(

That's it. :peace::)

Hell that 6 is chucky as hell and looks like she's super sticky... and that SD is just covered and swolling. I know which one I want first lol. Maybe a good daytime on the SD and night on the 6. :thumb:

Wondering about the Laniakea, a sativa dom?
SD#2! Am I right :)

As for the Laniakea I don't quite remember. They were gifted to me over a year ago and I've been itching to grow them.

Gov, can you provide any info on them? I know you sent me it at one point and I can't seem to dig it out anywhere. :tokin: Since we are on Lani's my 2 seeds had no problems germinating. Mazar was purchased over 2 years ago and it popped as well.
IMG_645016.JPG

Mazar on the right and 2 Lanis on the left :slide: All took 3 days to pop their heads out of jiffy pellets and are at 8 days from seed.

Back
Top Bottom