Auto Grow

Be interesting to see if you get more than 4oz but time will tell. You said you never cured weed? You really should. I never cured properly for a long time then found out after doing it once i will always do it. May i make a suggestion to cure while smoking it? Once it dry enough to smoke put it in a jar, mason jars are best but you can use any jar - jam jar, coffee jar etc. Take out a wee bit to smoke then leave the lid off for a while then place back on after a few mins or a few hours if you forget. All the while you do this you will be curing your weed and you'll notice a difference the longer you smoke it. Perhaps put a jar away and cure that properly. Leave it for as long as you can - 2 months is real good, then smoke it again and you will notice the difference. I tend not to 'burp' the jars the way you are supposed to but doing it the way i do it still has a similar effect.

Totally agree on the curing of bud...

As you had such a pukka harvest, time for an experiment i reckon.... You will not be disapointed....

As said... Old coffee jar with airtight lid will be perfect... A certain company does them, initials are D E... I have them and some cheap kilner jars all ready for action.... Hopefully i can fill em up real soon

Burping them daily for few mins is the norm at the start... Ensures fresh air, to help prevent mould forming... Thats why it has to be mostly
dry.... You dont want furry white stuff over ya buds... Can take hold quickly...

Then every few days... Store in the dark...

The bonus you get from this is smoother, sweeter smoke... Lot less harsh...
Some changes to plant starch/sugar balance apparantly... Other natural compounds breakdown too.... So it is said, im not Alan titchmarsh :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I had some 6 month cured Deep cheese recently.... It was some of finest bud i had ever had....

Pukka strain too... Never hybridised, but interbred... Awesome stuff.... But man it stank.... HAD to kept in airtight pot.... It was that smelly..
I had a weak, single skinner with baccy, in a tin, inside bakky pouch, inside a bag.... And you could still smell it....
Real smells develop too as cured... My blue mystic hardly smelt at harvest... But within a few days of jarring... Poowee

Everyone does it slightly different, mate... You will get used to it...
Hope you like coffee mate, you is gonna need alot of jars...if this harvest is anything to go by...
:passitleft::laugh::laugh:

And glimmer i sometimes remove and trim but she was a big girl so i set about trimming her as a whole plant thought may be easier took 2 hours to trim.then i cut the plant up leaving stalk on .then hung straight up in cardboard boxes will be left for 10 days.this always ensures i get the smell off the buds exactly how they smelt on the plant ;) top quality weed is always my aim.i get a buzz when i smell the end result and smoke it and get stoned:) all done myself from a seed .then my friends comment om my weed always appreciated .then all u fine peoples comments.makes it all.worth while.free the weed i say!!! Happy growing every1:)

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer this in detail. I agree, quality has to be the aim, at least for me.

Some good info been stamped down here top work growers.budworshipper i am a coffee man so jars will be no issue all though im liking them nefcafe 3 in1 at the moment they come in packets.ha ha.and glimmer u welcome ;)

Just make sure you give the jars a right good clean before using and thouroughly dry! Always wondered why my stuff always smelt like hay and never weed-like (although it smoked great), that was all down to not curing. Even stuff i buy i tend to store in a jar at home as it never quite cured properly. Leaving it a while longer will only increase the potency and smell.

My weed always taste perfect never harsh always taste as it smells.good flushing at end is crucial and leave long enough to dry correctly to get top quality weed.i belive its all in the drying u can ruin a full harvest rush drying or not drying it correct method.something i have never dared to chance .i am always patience for the drying process. .i flush for a full 14 days sometimes longer.after 10 days in a box smokes and tastes perfect;):)

Good day all just like to share my mainlining plant.taking place of bagseed lady but not on the same scale.she was topped 4 times to give me 8 tops and branches were supercropped and all other growth from plant removed
DSC_13265.JPG
DSC_13274.JPG
DSC_13256.JPG
.was repotted last week.so armed and ready for flower she is very smelly and very frosty already cnt be bad.here she is;)

I'm picturing a weed-based competitive pot growing competition hosted by Alan Titchmarsh :)

His side kick had some nice buds too !!!... Not tommy walsh either :):):)

Nice plant, look at her " Dimmocks"......

What would the show be called ??.... How about , " the big british wake n bake off "... Or "DIY pineapple express "
:rofl::rofl::rofl::dreamy:

My weed always taste perfect never harsh always taste as it smells.good flushing at end is crucial and leave long enough to dry correctly to get top quality weed.i belive its all in the drying u can ruin a full harvest rush drying or not drying it correct method.something i have never dared to chance .i am always patience for the drying process. .i flush for a full 14 days sometimes longer.after 10 days in a box smokes and tastes perfect;):)

If you happy mate, thats all that matters..... If it aint broke, leave the bugger alone. Lol...

Good day all just like to share my mainlining plant.taking place of bagseed lady but not on the same scale.she was topped 4 times to give me 8 tops and branches were supercropped and all other growth from plant removed
DSC_13265.JPG
DSC_13274.JPG
DSC_13256.JPG
.was repotted last week.so armed and ready for flower she is very smelly and very frosty already cnt be bad.here she is;)

Great work and great looking lady...

Did you do this too the harvested lady too ?.... Just that Mono, did a massive defoliation like you, in veg... The upside it seems is, as plants redevelops lots of leaves, it happens in roots too.... Then bam, flippyty time.... Huge root system, like yours... Soaking up water and nutes big time...

Yea i kept all bottom growth removed all way through flower with the harvested means all energy can focus on the top of the plant instead of sharing it with bottom growth which never sees the light anyway;) but i only topped harvested lady once rest was training;)

Yea i kept all bottom growth removed all way through flower with the harvested means all energy can focus on the top of the plant instead of sharing it with bottom growth which never sees the light anyway;) but i only topped harvested lady once rest was training;)

Definately shows it in the harvest...
Less to defoliate come Chop time, no ickle popcorn buds... I can see the logic

I got a pal that grows. Uses a 600W HPS for his grows but also uses strip lights (think they may be T5's) from underneath to promote extra growth in general and also gets extra light to those lower bud sites. Have yet to see a grow almost complete using this extra light but am sure it cant be bad and makes good sense as those tiny popcorn buds could easily be tripled in size with the extra light.

I got a pal that grows. Uses a 600W HPS for his grows but also uses strip lights (think they may be T5's) from underneath to promote extra growth in general and also gets extra light to those lower bud sites. Have yet to see a grow almost complete using this extra light but am sure it cant be bad and makes good sense as those tiny popcorn buds could easily be tripled in size with the extra light.

I can see the logic of that too..... If you have loads of light, have loads of leaves to catch it and use it.....

A guy on here used to have vertical t5, 3000k with cfls hanging on top... His blue cheese looked well nice...

There is so many ways to light and grow now... The variety of grows is huge now...so many options now, when setting up my first grow... It was a nitemare working out how to use and what to use.... Like everyone i guess...
Ive even used lower placed cfls in a bid to boost light.. Experimentation is key, to progress... So is sharing our techniques in journals... So much info, from fellow growers...
I suppose it doesnt matter about the journey, its the prize that awaits us...

Ive learned loads from this journal already... A new technique
:circle-of-love:

The reason i do it is for big top colas.and tents get very full easily so hard to hang any side lights maybe with a huge tent.but many big buds will do me ha ha;)and i first started growing with 600 watt hps.and still using 600 watt hps for flower and veg.works a treat;)

I have 2 nirvana blue mystic autos, the ones i bought...
1 samsara holy grail 69 fem and 2 regular afghanis...

Blue mystics will be first up...then the fems.... Im looking at blue mystic fem and heavyweights green ninja next... Both low grow smell...along with the holy grail...

Thats the plan anyways....

Last bit of light tighting to do on the space... Room its in now painted and growspace in situ...

Going to get compost tommorow, veg nutes on way.,..so its finally coming together

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom