Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

yea i was thinking that :) thats the ones i have my eye on atm becauce of the switch, but seeing alot of people with the marsII and they have 5w chips.. so iv to make up my mind hah:roorrip: thats good to know too. i heard the od person saying there plants were streching but i think it will be all good like u said. cheers :peace:

They make a Mars II 1600 I believe it is that does have a vega and bloom switch on it... I don't know why they have never put them on the others but they did put it on one of the larger units.....:circle-of-love:

I must say I was really disappointed when I found out the Mars II series didn't have the Veg / Bloom switch on them... especially considering opting for either of the spectrums (either only blue or only red) was +$80.00... ):

I went with Standard Spectrum on mine and I hope it will get the job done in my Flowering Tent... I was thinking about getting one of G8's Bloom U.F.O.'s as supplemental red lighting... I dunno, time will tell.

I was much more interested in the Reflector Series at first actually solely because of the switch... but running L.E.D.'s with 3w chips doesn't seem worth it considering how easily HID systems can keep up with old L.E.D. technology. I was actually considering it for my Veg Closet...

Max,

I know you will like your light. And Yes Denise is correct. My 1600's have veg and bloom switches. My 1200 does not. I Flower under the full spectrum. I can't see any reason not to give them full spectrum all the time. If you turn off the veg spectrum in flower, you are really only giving your plant less light. There are definitely parts of the plant that benefit from the added spectrum, I believe anyway.

I think you'll plug the light in and be seriously impressed. They are very well built, super bright, and it's impressive how little heat gets put off. They'll warm you up, but they won't burn you down :)

Which Mars II did you chose?

I agree with sweetleaf... I was absolutely blown away when i plugged my Mars II in for the first time man, you will not be dissapointed.
The only point i see in the switch is to turn off the bloom while you are vegging.. Since you only need to grow size not buds. In bloom i believe the extra light can only be positive ;)

On another note, i just finnished moving all my furniture around and im really pleased with the result :) gives alot more space here and it wont change when i build my veg-room.. I have planned it out so i use my old tv table as platform for the room (threw out my fucking tv!).. I'll build a frame around it and mount some black plastic as walls/door.. afterall it doesnt need to be 100% lightproof, the plastic is only to screen us from the light at night.. Then i'll mount a computerfan for exhaust and a cfl of some sort and its all set to go ^^ easy peacy lemon squeezy!
Took me a good 5 hours to move bed, desk, table, speakers, etc + clean up the whole crib from top to bottom.. Well exhausted and i believe it is time to SMOKE! :lot-o-toke::volcano-smiley::blunt::partyboy:

Edit - i did it on my own *pads own shoulder* :)

from what i understand you cannot turn off the veg setting on those lights in bloom because the fan runs off that switch

the green one?
i saw someone mention it in their journal a few months back i forget whos journal it was
might be mars

congrats on the new set up and clean out:tokin: Thats something that iv always had truble with, organizing spaces wires and the lot. its always good to clean now and again to help keep pests away aswell.

Thanks bud :) never really been good at it.. But sometimes it's gotta be done hehe.
And indeed it does.. im excited to see if we'll have any problems with bugs now that i create a veg-room in my livingroom..
If they come around they die. whatever the sort, i'll find a way to kill them :)

the green one?
i saw someone mention it in their journal a few months back i forget whos journal it was
might be mars

The green one would be the Reflector series :thumb:

Yooo
Lol i tried starting up an old old laptop i've had laying around.. took me about 20 minutes but it's fired up and i've taken pictures with it's oldass webcam :)
CK
IMG0000311.jpg

IMG0000341.jpg

HGK
IMG0000331.jpg
IMG0000321.jpg

IMG_30559.JPG
IMG_305611.JPG

hey guys, so here's the pictures.. at day 15 from the day they first broke soil and saw the light. :thumb:
Tonight before lights out i'm going to start feeding mildly.. So they're probably pretty thirsty by now, thats why they might be a little droopy ;)

IMG_30496.JPG

The CK..

IMG_304113.JPG
IMG_304212.JPG
IMG_30439.JPG

IMG_305210.JPG
IMG_30548.JPG

The HGK...

IMG_30449.JPG
IMG_30458.JPG
IMG_30469.JPG
IMG_30476.JPG
IMG_30486.JPG
IMG_305110.JPG
IMG_3051_1_.JPG

And this table here + some of the wood is going to become my veg room (in this cornor of the room as well)..
Gonna build some sort of frame out of the wood, ontop of the table and get a cheap cfl to run seedlings and maybe mothers/clones later on... more on that project later on, first i need MONEY! :)

IMG_30508.JPG

Thats all i had.. hope to have some more pics up soon guys. :peace:

The recommended dose for first time feed (in the All-mix soil) is:

1 mL of Bio-Grow
2mL of Bio-Heaven

Those are per liter of water.
So i'm gonna go in slowly, and only give them half of the recommended dose.
I'll probably add some Bactrex, which are beneficial bacteria/fungi to get the new pots started off.

so per liter im feeding:

0.5ml Bio-Grow, 1ml Bio-Heaven and a half teaspoon bactrex.

Then im gonna work it up to the recommended dose over a couple of weeks. Dont wanna burn those ladies :) :peace:

Edit - The beneficial fungi/bacteria, Bactrex is a one-time thing i gotta do, so not working that up to anywhere.. it'll do that on it's own :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom