Away's Second Grow - DIY - Mars II TopLED 400W (80x5W) - 2015

The two strains i have picked for the first run are...

DNA Genetics - Holy Grail Kush

And...

Barney's Farm - Critical Kush

Both some of the shortest strains i have at the moment, mostly indica im guessing, we'll see though...
The HGK is deffinately the stronger plant compared to the CK but the CK is alive and thriving so im going to let her blossom.

Pictures will come when i recive the phone containing them..

Also my own supplier has given me 3 White Widow seeds idk where they're from but im guessing Sensi Seeds. I know that its a great plant though, so he say's atleast ;)

Okay so here are the pictures lol.

IMG_30057.JPG
IMG_300614.JPG
IMG_30078.JPG

Critical Kush...

IMG_300811.JPG
IMG_30099.JPG

Holy Grail kush...

IMG_30107.JPG
IMG_30117.JPG

Like i said before, the HGK is twice as big atm even though they were planted at the same time.. The CK looks healthy enough tho just small, so just gonna let them do their thing for now ^^

I've got the humidifer running and got my Hygrometer home today and did some measures..

Here's the Max/min and current temp/humid's

MAX ( 30.2 Degrees Celcius, 55% Humidity )
IMG_301214.JPG

MIN ( 18.4 Degrees Celcius, 31% Humidity )
IMG_301310.JPG

CURRENT ( 28.8 Degrees Celcius, 40% Humidity )
IMG_301410.JPG

So looking alright, even tho i would have liked a bit more humidity its okay.
Obviously the pics are really bad, but i'll pick them out in a couple of days and get them in real light and keep doing that in the future. Just had short time when taking the pictures this time. Sorry about that guys.

I may take some later tonight..

Hopy you guys are all good :peace:

I've never started a seed under a L.E.D.

I am curious if your H.G.K is stretching to much or if that is normal under an L.E.D.? Awesome choice on your light by the way, I have a Mars II 700w on the way and I am SOOOO excited to use it.

Awesome set up, can't wait to watch this journal progress, I am definitely subbed!

I hear you Max, this seedling under LED is something to watch. You may be the first one to give us an idea of how they respond to it Away. Good stuff.

congratulations on the two sprouts! can you measure how far your sprouts are from your light so we know how far seedlings like to position themselves from a 80x5w led unit?

I hear you Max, this seedling under LED is something to watch. You may be the first one to give us an idea of how they respond to it Away. Good stuff.

I am definitely interested to see how a seedling does under L.E.D.... I currently Veg under CFL's soley because of how close you can get them to the little ladies. Especially considering a plant in Veg only needs around 100 watts of CFL for vigorous growth and tight node growth. Hard to hurt em with CFL's.

seems like the light might be a bit far they are stretching pretty hard

I am surprised that H.G.K hasn't fallen over to be honest... at that age with that much stalk... Do you think this could be due to the intensity of the lights maybe?

its stretching to reach the light cause I believe it might be a tad far
seems like you got it well over 2 feet above?
ive seen omm run his led about 18 inches above his sprouts I would suggest bringing it a little closer I would start about 2 ft above and find out the sweet spot from there

Okay so, last night i checked the journal before heading to bed and i noticed some of the comments on the height of the LED.. I was too tired to formulate an answer lol, but i moved the LED closer to the plants before going to bed... It was hanging around 110 Centimeters from the plants last night, now she's at about 80 Centimeters from them.

I think the pictures are making it look worse than it is though, so sorry about that. I will pick them out in a little bit and grab some decent pictures. :peace:

In feet i guess that would be a little bit more than two feet Chronic, but if stretch keep going i will just move closer of course..

So far the stalk on the HGK is 5 centimeters, which is this much ----------------------------------- (and yes i had a ruler up to check if its 5cm haha :) )
Second leafset is forming as well..

I dont know about the CK though she looks so damn tiny :O

I am definitely interested to see how a seedling does under L.E.D.... I currently Veg under CFL's soley because of how close you can get them to the little ladies. Especially considering a plant in Veg only needs around 100 watts of CFL for vigorous growth and tight node growth. Hard to hurt em with CFL's.

I am surprised that H.G.K hasn't fallen over to be honest... at that age with that much stalk... Do you think this could be due to the intensity of the lights maybe?

In feet i guess that would be a little bit more than two feet Chronic, but if stretch keep going i will just move closer of course..

So far the stalk on the HGK is 5 centimeters, which is this much ----------------------------------- (and yes i had a ruler up to check if its 5cm haha :) )
Second leafset is forming as well..

I dont know about the CK though she looks so damn tiny :O

Chronic's right, the light is just a little high.

Max Yields, If you want to see seedling popped under LED check out my current journal. I have popped over 50 seeds under the led now and they do just great!

No worries about the long stem, just replant them deeper when you transplant, other then that looking great to me. :love:

This was my own conclusion as well.
To me it is not that hard of a stretch, but seeing all these guys in here being so interrested in the whole LED + Seedling thing, i felt like i had to adjust lights etc to try and controll it and "do it for the science"-ish.

My original plan though has been to just get these girls started in the rough conditions i have at the moment.. That is LED lighting and poor soil taken from outside. Mostly because potting soil is impossible to find here and i dont have money for a cfl or something at the moment.
Anyway after the two weeks it takes for them to get ready for a few nutes, i will transplant into some slight prefertilised soil, here i can fix any long stems by burrying them.
Next month im buying a growlight for a veg room im going to build tho. So this will be the last time im starting seedlings under this LED.
Even though it works just fine.. I did it on my very first attempt as well and you can see the results in my first grow journal. I got them through all stages of life on this one light.

Anyway, exciting things are to come in the next couple of months, concerning a veg room. It will be fun to build ^^ Hopefully i can get perpetual in my one bedroom apartment.

A little information on the two strains i've got running at the moment...

The Holy Grail Kush from DNA Genetics..
Heres the info they wrote:

"
Kosher Kush x The OG #18
Flowering Time: 9 weeks
Yield: 500-650g/m2

Drum Roll Please…We now introduce THE HOLY GRAIL KUSH!! All of us growers have been searching for the one plant, if you had to pick only one, to have with you on a deserted island... Well the search can be temporarily suspended. DNA presents the cannabis community with the 2 time Cannabis Cup Champion, Kosher Kush, crossed with the Multi-Champion strain, The OG #18, bringing you... The Holy Grail Kush! This cross produces large resinous buds that reak of OG #18/Kosher goodness!! New, or fairly new, carbon filters are highly recommended as the smell can be over powering! The Holy Grail is great for the beginner as well as the Master grower. The experienced growers can take her to the limit, pushing the nutrient uptake to the very edge and being rewarded with insanely aromatic plants with the strength and yield not to be matched! The Holy Grail will demand the highest price of all the OG Kush hybrids. Several High Times staff were heard talking of how superior the Holy Grail Kush was in looks, smell and taste. Far out performing ALL other entries in 2011 HTCC to take First place with a first ever perfect score!! Now the world can try The Holy Grail Kush! 1st Hybrid HT Cannabis Cup 2011 2nd Indoor Hydro Spannabis 2012"

The Critical Kush from Barney's Farm

"
type: Indica
yield: 750gr/m2
height: 80-90cm
flower time: 55-60 days
harvest time: End September
thc: 25%
cbd: 2.1%
genetics: Critical Mass X O.G. Kush

Developed by the Barney’s Farm team. An unusual blend of fine genetics. Critical Kush is a blending of the famous Critical Mass with OG Kush. This is a powerful and extremely vigourous indica plant, yielding huge amounts of beautiful stoney kush. Flowers in just 8 weeks indoors, and grows medium height with great flower-to-leaf ratio. Take pleasure in it's sticky feel, aromatic sent, crystal-covered buds and knockout-stoney high. The kush taste is unmistakable, and the yield per plant phenomenal. This new hybrid is a significant advance in modern marijuana breeding. It's Indica-dominant nature makes it ideal for relaxation, pain relief, and late night smoking."

All info taken from their respectable breeder's homepages.

Looking proper Away...

The breeder made that Holy Grail Kush sound so awesome! Been thinking about it all day! But, I have two kushes at the moment, I need to chill I have too many strains as it is. Still, very tempting. Thanks for sharing the information.

Those little babies look wonderful! Nice work, Away.

Back
Top Bottom