BignStrange - Mars Hydro Pro II Epistar 320 - Let's Grow To Mars!

I did one grow with 4 80's. It was perfect for a 4x4 tent. Am using the 320 in that tent now though as the 80's are doing another job right now

Here's how it looked with 4 of those

16_plants_under_4x_Mars_Pro_II_80-.jpg

I did one grow with 4 80's. It was perfect for a 4x4 tent. Am using the 320 in that tent now though as the 80's are doing another job right now

A little bit of a pita to hang 4 but if you need it its nice to have the flexiblity to set the height and angle of the individual lights.

Is there anything in the literature about monstercrop clones rooting faster in hydro than clones taken in veg? Or are Peppa's babies just being stubborn?

Also, let's see if we can get you some friends!
Not that I've read! Last round of clones took 3 weeks so I'm just kind of expecting that lol I'm cloning in 69 to 73 degrees so again, not expecting miracles XD just gotta be a little more patient :3

That would be ideal for sure, unit cost goes up a bit tho! I'm curious to see how this'll stack up to the industrial cobs I'm running :3
A little bit of a pita to hang 4 but if you need it its nice to have the flexiblity to set the height and angle of the individual lights.
Definitely! I only run one strain so I'm hoping for a relatively even canopy, what the plants don't do, I make up for in training .
Detailed and informative so far B. Im here. I just bought an 80 that I'm adding to my COBs. Thanks for letting me watch.
Yaay!

Thanks for being here :3 let's see what we can do with our epistars! . . .

That would be ideal for sure, unit cost goes up a bit tho! I'm curious to see how this'll stack up to the industrial cobs I'm running :3Definitely! I only run one strain so I'm hoping for a relatively even canopy, what the plants don't do, I make up for in training . Yaay!

Thanks for being here :3 let's see what we can do with our epistars! . . .

Yes the cost goes up quite a bit which is why I didn't go that way on my very first attempt at growing. There were so many unknowns the first time I just stuck the stake in the ground as to how much I was willing to spend and went with it.

Subbed up... I'm running the same setup big .
Welcome man! I'll come check your set up out! . . . . .
Yes the cost goes up quite a bit which is why I didn't go that way on my very first attempt at growing. There were so many unknowns the first time I just stuck the stake in the ground as to how much I was willing to spend and went with it.
Yep lol I keep thinking I'm done spending money but thinking still doesn't work for me XD

Hoping now that the rooms full my wallet can stay away for a bit now :3
Well shoot big... look at you go!
Haha yeah man! Ain't getting any younger! . .

Subbed for the ride big. Damn you have more lights going than me lol. That Mars will perform great. I have two of the Marsll 1200, they have done a great job in my 4×4's. Best of luck to you, hope you grow out some monsters lol...️

The light works well and the plants like it. In flower now I am running 10-12" above the tallest cola's. The canopy temps can climb quite a bit throughout the day so just keep an eye on that. I run abut a 10 degree F temp swing from lights on to right about lights off. Overall it's not a super hot operating light meaning that it doesn't throw off a lot of heat but it does project it. If I had to do it all over I would have gone with (4) 80's making it easier to adjust heights for different plant in the tent but I just raise the short ones up to even things out.

It's a forgiving light in that I used mine very early with one plant germinated under it at a distant. Funny thing about that is that particular plant grew better overall than the others germinated the first 2 weeks under cfl's. Being my first grow I didn't defoliate like I should and I should have taken some of the lower branches off earlier that would have freed the light up to penetrate deeper.

As for the space I like it for 4 plants for me anyway. 6 is a little crowded but I also had mine bigger than a lot of people let them get before flipping them. They are about waist high now that they are done stretching. The Mar's tent is well built with their all metal frame. Zippers hold up well seeing that I am in the tent 2x per day everyday.

Thank you Sam Smith, other people also told us 4pcs pro II 80 is more efficient than one 320, you give us good suggestion about how to lead customers to choose right lights. :thanks:

the cost isn't that bad. You don't only get higher cost, you also get a light distribution that's much more even so every part of the tent will receive the same amount of light. The bigger lamps fade out so the plants in the corners of the tents get less light than the plants in the middle

the cost isn't that bad. You don't only get higher cost, you also get a light distribution that's much more even so every part of the tent will receive the same amount of light. The bigger lamps fade out so the plants in the corners of the tents get less light than the plants in the middle

And you're right. The cost isn't that bad but going into it for the first time most don't know that. I know I didn't. All that being said though the 320 is working in my case very well. I just had to adjust the height of a couple of girls to try to keep them somewhat level.

Subbed for the ride big. Damn you have more lights going than me lol. That Mars will perform great. I have two of the Marsll 1200, they have done a great job in my 4×4's. Best of luck to you, hope you grow out some monsters lol...️
Thanks ECG! You've been rocking your Mars lights so I was inspired to give one a go! Really looking forward to seeing how it turns out :3
Subbed I'm in for this one! Good luck big
Glad to have you here Budfarmer! . . .

How do you find the heat output is when running 4 lamps as opposed to one larger one?
And you're right. The cost isn't that bad but going into it for the first time most don't know that. I know I didn't. All that being said though the 320 is working in my case very well. I just had to adjust the height of a couple of girls to try to keep them somewhat level.
I run flood tables in my tents too, so everything is at a slight tilt, allowing me to move the girls to the spot that suits them best :3

Really excited to see how the 320 fills up this 4x4, I've done a lot with 400 watts in my other journal, and I'm hoping to see the same, with bigger colas this round!

Peppermint kush are just starting to get that root bump slime forming lol hopefully roots in a couple days :D

the 320 is great. Been using the pro series since 2015 and they just keep giving and giving :)

Hey Big I'm here. I'm a big supporter of Mars Hydro equipment. Two 4x4 tents one 4x8 tents and 2 1200 lights. Good stuff for the money. And having Sara here at 420 is a huge plus. I just know your going to kill this and like always use the Mars products to the potential.

Back
Top Bottom