Bluter Gets Schooled Hempy Style Winter 2018

hiya 420, looks like we made it to

day 43

and it looks like the gals have discovered the res.

tall cbdream is firmly looking the sativa side of the family.

full

that one has started getting real droopy before and after watering. i upped everyone's intake by 25% and will see if that makes an improvement. runoff continues to be about the same as input minus about 25% and hasn't changed in wks. they are probably gonna start drinking more soon tho. they are all going thu about 250 ml a day, have been expecting that to climb up for a bit now.

other cbdream is more the indica side of the family and she is the problem child who now decided to self top.

full

there's definitely 2 sides to her, going to continue encouraging her self expression. the color on both cbdream's improved vastly. light makes them look a tad pale, but they are healthier now and seem to have fewer complaints. they are certainly a lighter colored strain than the white cookies tho.

still feeding everyone under the 300 ppm mark but anticipating moving that up as they come into mid veg. no one is complaining or asking for anything tho, so holding steady on the ppm for a few more days i think. i'm running 1.25 ml on each of the AN trio in 5L of ro and 1.75 ml cal mag. i'm hitting 5.8 ph after adding nutes and cal mag, then adding a whisper of ph down getting to a hair over 5.6 for the feeds. runoff ph is still over 6 but has been slowly dropping over time. i'm probably hitting more of the nute range by feeding a bit lower than before. or so i tell myself lol.

the white cookies are super squatty and i'm not looking forward to topping and lst. they are not quite there yet, and the media has dropped an inch in the pots making things more interesting for any early training.

full

can see how much the media dropped in the bucket. was not expecting that.. hoping i don't have to re-pot. well was planning on making it with what's left, but it better stop falling lol.

i'd like a little more stretch to play with. these gals are real compact. might make a good strain for low ceiling. they are really filling in under the fan leaves. makes me wonder if they wanna be shaded a touch.

bit easier to see it bunching up on the bigger white cookie.

full

looks like a salad tree lol. not much spacing between the nodes.

it was up pot day for the zombie black indica clone. massively impressed it made it to this point. just been chucking whatever the others were getting at it and letting it do what it wanted in the solo cup til today.

full

it's got new healthy leaves and is knocked back to veg. mom nick-named it illegal since it puts me a plant over limit lol.

so gonna be interesting to see what this does as it was pre flower as a cutting then near destroyed. am going to have to keep a real eye on all of them for hermies considering what they been thru.

humidity in the space hasn't been as high as it could be for the plants. been keeping watch, it's never been over 35% RH ever. been expecting humidity to climb a bit as they get bigger and transpire more water, but it's been stubbornly sitting in the low 30's.

full

ignore the 99%, it was under a dome with a bubble cloner when that happened. i should really pop the battery out to reset the min / max . calling the rh good for now, just don't want it any lower. temps have always been good.

enough up date for now. everyone have a good halloween. we'll see you on the scary side lol. :green_heart:

happy halloween

from bluter and the gals @bluter gets schooled hempy style

full

here's hoping it gets scary in there in a good way.

thanks for all the help and encouragement on this so far :420: :green_heart: :)

hey 420 hope all is green in the world :green_heart:
been a bit tardy in the update but this was

day 50

stuff is gettin bushy in the indica zone.

full

first white cookie. started calling it the normal one lol. you'll see why. still doing pretty healthy, as are the rest. everyone got topped a few days back and started pushin out elsewhere.

here's another of the same.

full

there's some blood in them veins lol. can see tiny y where she got a chop. can't believe how rest of the plant pushed. all of them are so bushy i've been contemplating a defol of fan leaves.

feedings are still less than 25% AN schedule. it's at 275 ppm pretty much on the dot. feedings are daily tho. it's gonna need a bump in ppm and water soon, as there is more plant everywhere to support. i been depending on the every daily thing to keep them up there.

the other wc is the odd one on this family.

full

i messed up topping this one and went a node deeper three days after, but wth. started some lst on couple things a few days ago. everything is sooo compact it makes it hard to work.

the crap topping i did isn't the only thing this one's dealing with.

check out this day 47 shot under the brush

full

i was expecting this one to choke itself off. she did a 180 from transplant and self trained lol. bunch of the stuff in the middle is coming straight up from that main stalk. the top end is way over on the side.

the tall cbdream has been thirsty and huuungry, it's pushing me to increase the schedule for everyone.

full

it really likes to pout. hates life before /after feeds and doesn't like being handled. it's the most aromatic right now and is pissy when being handled. throws lots o aroma when working on it and mom likes the smell. :rolleyes:

it's pulling up to 750ml a day in water / nutrients and is just waiting to climb the next rung. every time i look at it it makes me want to grow a total sativa lol. :)

anyone remember the cbdream problem girl ? reserved, shy, kinda weird and awkward in the early stages....pow !! she's her own girl now, self confident and just the weird kind i really like

full

this one self topped way low, i started training about a week ago. everything is coming up from the two main stalks. i haven't topped them yet. also a candidate for a defol maybe.

illegal, the black indica clone from the dead is still happy with what i throw at it :D

full

i swear it stuck around to teach me to not give up on stuff. :cool:

added a fan in the room to get the stalks some movement. put it in just when the cold settled here, and both the fan and weather dried up the conditions..

full

have the main exhaust fan running 24/7 right now. could put a timer on it to push both the temp and humidity up a touch. nothing is whining tho so it's still just an option, but i'm thinking on it.

happy family pic

full

any opinions on a veg defol at this point ?

kinda want to get at it for access to a bit more lst.

enjoying the hands off style more and more tho. enough update for today.

take care 420. :green_heart:

Bluter you've got to be made up, they've pulled through it all so well.

Looking good :)

I'd go for a bit of a defol myself, especially if it helps with training. I'd go the few leaves at a time route, over a big one time hit though.

so far so good. they are really pushing me to up the water / feed schedule. i like to keep them a touch hungry. they are right at that edge.

probably doing some defol this wk. will have to try be careful as i have a tendency to go too far on defol.

Hey Bluter, I was wondering which Apera pH pen you have? Black Friday is coming. I want to be prepared to possibly get a good deal somewhere. Thanks.

Hey Bluter, I was wondering which Apera pH pen you have? Black Friday is coming. I want to be prepared to possibly get a good deal somewhere. Thanks.

i got the aprea ph60. love the pen. there is a thread on it and some reviews here.

i had a HM ph/tds combo pen earlier i really liked until the bulb broke. i still use the tds side. apera does a similar combo based on the ph60 that you might like as well.

Apera, HM, and Blue Lab are my top choices. Blue Lab is generally the top dog, the other two look to be Blue Lab alternatives and are more accessible budget wise. you'd probably be happy with any of those three. i got the apera as it came with a storage case and kit. not necessary, but i'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. :p

Hello Bluter! I hope your day is going well.
How are the girls today?I

I appreciate your help on this. And thanks for the link.

Hello Bluter! I hope your day is going well.
How are the girls today?I

I appreciate your help on this. And thanks for the link.

no worries. :)

everything is going well. have a few smallish issues i been keeping an eye on. they want a nute increase and maybe more water but i've been keeping them right at that edge. still under 300ppm in full veg.

have a couple updates but just been slow about it. i've been prepping another space and haven't had a lot of time. held off on the defol, but it's getting closer lol.

uhhh, super not so secret..

i have a somewhat sympathetic landlord. treading very careful tho.
will post a couple teaser pics when i get a chance to update.

kinda got my hands full. :D

hi 420. we got to

day 60

it was a work day for sure. here's the gang before starting

full

they've been needing some attention for a while. one of the white cookies was showing signs of what i took to be a calcium deficiency.

full

this was the worst of it

full

one of the cbdreams looked like it was showing some nute burn. tipping at the leaf end

full

and along a couple leaf edges

full

wanted to get on that and other issues, so today everyone got a flush, a haircut, and a restraining order. :oops:

i flushed with 20 L ro, 10 ml cal mag, and 7.5 ml h202. the cal mag and h202 were at half bottle bottle strength. after the flush everyone got a defol to open them up and lst to spread them out. feeding schedule also changes with an uptick in both nutes and water. feedings are cut back from daily to every second day.

this is the weird cbdream girl before starting defol and lst.

full

part way thru the process

full

the other cbdream after defol and lst

full

i took a lot of the larger fan leaves out of most of them and really opened them up. this will be pretty much the extent of the lst and defol i'm doing for the grow. probably take a tiny bit off and maybe some clones just before flip in a couple weeks.

one of the white cookies getting some work done

full

the other white cookie was a bit harder to work on

full

it has that strange sideways self trained main stalk. can see what wants to be the main way off on the side.

the black indica clone has become a real lanky monkey. it has the most stretch of anything i got going and looks to be rushing to catch up. it didn't get a defol but i pulled the pipe cleaners out on it as well.

full

the family all together

full

gonna let everyone recover for 24 hrs then give them their first feed under the new schedule. the lst will probably come off just before flip. haven't figgered out exactly when flip is going to be yet.

they pretty much out grew the little table i have and will probably be hitting the floor in a few days time. if i find a bigger table top i might put it in, i have someone doing the daily maintenance and it makes it easier for them.

the new feeding regimen is :

7.5 L ro
2.5 ml micro
3.0 ml grow
1.5 ml bloom
3.0 ml cal mag
ph'd to 5.5 - 5.6

puts me at 350 - 380 ppm. i am finally over the 300 ppm mark.

everyone gets 1.5 L now at feeds which has gone from daily to every second day. in between days they will get 500 ml ro and cal mag if looking thirsty, which they have a tendency to do. it keeps me at the same level of water consumption as i am right now. will up the in between watering as they ask for it.

a quick look at the fans that were showing the cal deficiency

full

chime in if you figger it may be something else. i'm hoping i caught it with the flush and feeding change.

i'm also dealing with dry conditions.

full

keeping a close eye on it and may have to add a little humidifier on a timer. the space is drier than the rest of the house by about 5%. the fan is pulling it out of the room, it exhausts to the outside and there has been a tiny bit of condensation (ice) build up around the exit. i will have to keep a watch on the ducting to make sure it doesn't get too bad.

time to let them recover from the mauling and watch where they go from here.

take care 420. :peace:

Do you let your pH drift? Or do you always pH on the lower end? Don't know if you have these, they come in handy. Saved my butt a few weeks back.
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

marijuana-deficiency-chart-jorge-cervantes.jpg

Do you let your pH drift? Or do you always pH on the lower end? Don't know if you have these, they come in handy. Saved my butt a few weeks back.

i have that ph chart posted outside the grow space for quick reference. haven't been able to find that deficiency chart large enough to print out and read yet. i'm too cheap to go buy one lol.

forgot to mention my run off ph is a touch over 6. i feed low at 5.5 to 5.6 and let it drift. getting the run off under 6 just isn't happening.

A hempy grow you say.... I wonder whatever that could be about? No medium... just perl and verm.... seems nuts.
And judging from the words, it's far from your first, so apparently it works. Interesting.

chime in if you figger it may be something else. i'm hoping i caught it with the flush and feeding change.

Totally a mag issue. I've never been able to get away with less than 5mg CalMag/gal with any of the many feeding routines I've tried in hempy pots over the years.
Of course, as I bet you're aware, the spots will enlarge as the leaf grows and look bigger over time.... don't panic.

A hempy grow you say.... I wonder whatever that could be about? No medium... just perl and verm.... seems nuts.
And judging from the words, it's far from your first, so apparently it works. Interesting.

Totally a mag issue. I've never been able to get away with less than 5mg CalMag/gal with any of the many feeding routines I've tried in hempy pots over the years.
Of course, as I bet you're aware, the spots will enlarge as the leaf grows and look bigger over time.... don't panic.

actually this is the first hempy i ever attempted. i'm probably upping the cal mag a bit. been skirting all around it the whole grow. the lights are bad for pulling it out too. i been running it a little over half strength, slowly increasing as flip approaches.

Back
Top Bottom