Cannafan's Adventures With Pollinating Master Kush X White Widow

Hey Hey LadyV,
Here's what I was referring to:

Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Just after that pic is the old nanners. If you look close, you can see why I was questioning that Querkle of yours. It's doing exactly what I thought yours was doing with the pistils turning brown and calyx's wrapping up. And sure enough, I have found two seeds now that were ready to fall out. Ah well, the more seeds the better. LOL

Hey Hey LadyV,
Here's what I was referring to:

Cannafan's Perpetual Grow White Widow-Master Kush Reveg & More! CFL's - LED - HPS

Just after that pic is the old nanners. If you look close, you can see why I was questioning that Querkle of yours. It's doing exactly what I thought yours was doing with the pistils turning brown and calyx's wrapping up. And sure enough, I have found two seeds now that were ready to fall out. Ah well, the more seeds the better. LOL

Mmmm .. no mine did not look quite like that. To bad having feminized seeds would have been a bones at this point. When she gets into bloom I will watch. When they do that can it effect the other plants? I'm a loopy, I did not even realize you had another thread going.. Darn now I have to read, read and read to get up to date :)

Oh yes nanners can definitely affect your other plants and pollinate them. Been there done that and it blows!! I cut my first harvest because of nanners and ended up with over 50 seeds and I freaked. It was my first grow and I thought it would hurt my crop. I was wrong. Crop rocks just has some seeds.... :passitleft: High Canna....:circle-of-love:

Yeah, Dennise....I yanked her out of there. LOL I might let her go to seed instead of chopping. There's going to be zillions of seeds on it.
It's a gangly plant anyway, and if I'm not mistaken because she self pollinated they will be feminised seeds. I had a feeling at least one of those Boo Boo girls were going to wind up doing that because of the length of time I've had to keep them in flower and the stress of the timer error.
Never a dull moment 'round here. :rofl:

Canna I have read that if the seeds come from a stressed female that it most likely will be a trait in the seeds and that they too will tend to hermie. Now my usual disclaimer is as you know I am an idiot and know very little of what I speak. :loopy: I just regurgitate what you smart guys post... but it does sorta make sense I think......:circle-of-love:

Canna I have read that if the seeds come from a stressed female that it most likely will be a trait in the seeds and that they too will tend to hermie. Now my usual disclaimer is as you know I am an idiot and know very little of what I speak. :loopy: I just regurgitate what you smart guys post... but it does sorta make sense I think......:circle-of-love:

Yeah, I'm still a bit confused on that too. But I think this may be different because it didn't actually turn hermie....it just self pollinated. Is there a difference? :hmmmm:
Toker69 call! Pick up the phone dude! LOL

Thanks Wildrosebud! I just posted the upright nanners pics to the other thread. But I'll post them here too, so people can see the difference in female nanners....that they grow up instead of hang down like male plants:

Female_Nanners.jpg

Female_Nanners_2.jpg

very nice photos! how deep in bloom are those trichs?
:thanks:
about 16 weeks....:laughtwo:

Actually, I need to correct that. The second blooms on the plant are about 9 weeks in, this bud where the nanners are could be the second flowering part. So it's either 16 weeks or 9 weeks. LOL
Making it short and sweet, a timer failure caused the plants to go into veg for a full two weeks (lights were on 24 hours for two weeks straight) while they were already in full bloom. When I put them back into the correct light schedule, they grew new buds above the original ones.

Well, this willow water and bubble cloner went haywire.
I went to check on the clones and when I pulled one out, there was a black sludge covering the stem. I opened up the bubble cloner and here's what I got:

Clone_Sludge_1.jpg

Clone_Sludge_2.jpg

I mixed Ph'd water with the willow water to get enough to fill the cloner. I haven't a clue what this black sludge is. Anybody have an idea?

I cleaned out the cloner and put fresh PH'd water in it. No willow water. Then I cleaned off the stems and recut the ends hoping for the best.

Back
Top Bottom