CaptainLucky's Canuk Seeds Comparative Grow 2023

:welcome:Journal Update: Here’s a Quick Look 👀 at my Durban n Chemdog #4. I’m really surprised they don’t have more Sativas looking 👀 leaves.🍃 They were flipped on 3/22/24. CL🍀 :thanks:

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

:welcome:Journal Update: Here’s a Quick Look 👀 at my Durban n Chemdog #4. I’m really surprised they don’t have more Sativas looking 👀 leaves.🍃 They were flipped on 3/22/24. CL🍀 :thanks:

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg
Holy crap man, that is fricking gorgeous! I see what you mean with her leaves. A bit of hybrid on her perhaps? Even the buds are sorta hybrid looking. And huge!!!!! :adore:

Holy crap man, that is fricking gorgeous! I see what you mean with her leaves. A bit of hybrid on her perhaps? Even the buds are sorta hybrid looking. And huge!!!!! :adore:
It’s weird though because I vegged them like 70 days and then you’d think that a Landrace Durban would be bigger than that hybrid Chemdog would. But it’s the first Durban I ever tried so I don’t know if it’s normal? CL🍀

It’s weird though because I vegged them like 70 days and then you’d think that a Landrace Durban would be bigger than that hybrid Chemdog would. But it’s the first Durban I ever tried so I don’t know if it’s normal? CL🍀
Me neither but she sure is a sweetie.

Journal Update: I did a toaster tester yesterday of the AG. It’s a bit like my Chocolate Thai in that happy, uplifting way. The Lambs Bread I tried today is all happy feelings with a thought provoking cerebral effect but not a get things done effect like the others. CL🍀

Man the towers on that Chemdog are really upoutstanding!

I consider thinking to be getting things done too. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I consider it myself but unfortunately it’s usually everyone else who has a problem with it. I think both are going to be really special bud though. CL🍀

Maybe @Lerugged or @Stunger would know? I’m pretty sure they both are S.African. Maybe 🤔 they are as far from Durban as we are from Washington state. lol 😂 CL🍀 :passitleft:
Sorry CL, I live in the land of the long white cloud, New Zealand. And I haven't yet had the pleasure of either of those 2 strains. But you have got them looking wonderful, nice work!

Sorry CL, I live in the land of the long white cloud, New Zealand. And I haven't yet had the pleasure of either of those 2 strains. But you have got them looking wonderful, nice work!
My memory is for 💩 so I must be thinking of someone else but thanks for your reply. CL🍀

Did the "Landrace Durban" come in seed form? From a large seedbank?

I'm 100% convinced that many seed sellers (not actual breeders) just label bullshit seeds as whatever they want & people eat it up.

I know for certain, the legit (actual) breeders I've dealt with breed from legitimate clones and can provide a timeline/proof of the breeding projects and phenotype selections. Seed banks can just post stock photos and sell seeds.

I've grown Durban 5-6 times and was never impressed. Several different seed banks and all sucked.

I think sometimes we just get sold a story and beat our heads against the wall trying to figure out why ours don't match up with the real deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Not saying it's gonna be a bad strain/plant/grow, just saying that there's not generally a way to prove the seed seller is full of shit. That's why they do it

✌️

Did the "Landrace Durban" come in seed form? From a large seedbank?

I'm 100% convinced that many seed sellers (not actual breeders) just label bullshit seeds as whatever they want & people eat it up.

I know for certain, the legit (actual) breeders I've dealt with breed from legitimate clones and can provide a timeline/proof of the breeding projects and phenotype selections. Seed banks can just post stock photos and sell seeds.

I've grown Durban 5-6 times and was never impressed. Several different seed banks and all sucked.

I think sometimes we just get sold a story and beat our heads against the wall trying to figure out why ours don't match up with the real deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Not saying it's gonna be a bad strain/plant/grow, just saying that there's not generally a way to prove the seed seller is full of shit. That's why they do it

✌️
Yeah it’s from a Sponsor that will remain nameless from seed. It’s also got a short flowering time for something that’s supposedly Landrace. I appreciate your input brother it’s nice knowing the reasoning of things. I thought something was fishy about it. CL🍀 :thanks:

I grew one from Dutch Passion back in 2021 and no one was really interested. I just made dry ice hash out of it to free up space!
Yup, I've grown their's a few times, nothing much to write home about... Decent bud, but weak genetics, and phenos all over the map.

It's difficult because we all want to trust the seedbanks are being truthful, but in most cases, they didn't actually breed anything. They buy & sell to make money. That's their job. I respect the hustle, but am generally skeptical

In my opinion, listening to advice about weed strains from a large seedbank is equivalent to taking advice about potting soil from the manager of a Walmart.

Didn't seem to get any of my fam high, though it's a group with a really elevated tolerance level. Durban Poison was said to be "high" in THCV so maybe the one I grew had more of that than actual THC!
I bought some once from a dispensary and wasn’t impressed at all. It was a pretty dull experience but I did get high. Never tried it again but figured I’d grow some and see. I hope it’s better than theirs. CL🍀

almost certain durban poison has become a trademarked name like lamb's breath. all sorts of garbage is marketed as lamb's breath. you only get the real seed from the island and it's only regs.

Back
Top Bottom