Darkscotia 3rd Mars Hydro 320 Grow - 4Bar 48 120cm - Fem Blueberry - 4x4x6 Tent

Don't worry. If you remember my last round I did no trimming whatsoever. I still got a ok harvest. Nothing compared to if I had trained them or scrogged them like I do now. But as I kept saying over and over - This round is all about speed :D

The plants are looking great. Let them do their thing and allow yourself to get well now. They'll fix it all themselves if they get a little water now and then

So as mentioned before I shut down my led light bars cause after running close to 18hrs straight they were running about 135f. After speaking with Sara at first said 135 was too high but after speaking with her engineers they said it's fine and won't cause fire. Would anyone else have a concern of these led light bars running so hot and possibly causing fire. 135 on casing that holds leds and ballast seems a bit to high for me. I was expecting to see maybe between 80-90f

Hmm. That's hot indeed. - are they supposed to run this hot or are yours defective?

So as mentioned before I shut down my led light bars cause after running close to 18hrs straight they were running about 135f. After speaking with Sara at first said 135 was too high but after speaking with her engineers they said it's fine and won't cause fire. Would anyone else have a concern of these led light bars running so hot and possibly causing fire. 135 on casing that holds leds and ballast seems a bit to high for me. I was expecting to see maybe between 80-90f

If we look scientific on this, the temperatures at which stuff will spontaneously ignite without any external source of ignition. With wood, the autoignition point is 300ºC (572ºF). As soon as wood is heated to this temperature, it starts to release hydrocarbons. These then react with the oxygen in the air and ignite the wood. Materials like for example cotton can withstand much higher heats. A cotton shirt has an autoignition point of 407ºC (764ºF). Diesel, on the other hand, will ignite at a temperature of just 210ºC (410ºF).

The science sais you'll be fine. But I don't like temps that burns me when I touch it and this is far above comfortable

If we look scientific on this, the temperatures at which stuff will spontaneously ignite without any external source of ignition. With wood, the autoignition point is 300ºC (572ºF). As soon as wood is heated to this temperature, it starts to release hydrocarbons. These then react with the oxygen in the air and ignite the wood. Materials like for example cotton can withstand much higher heats. A cotton shirt has an autoignition point of 407ºC (764ºF). Diesel, on the other hand, will ignite at a temperature of just 210ºC (410ºF).

The science sais you'll be fine. But I don't like temps that burns me when I touch it and this is far above comfortable

My 1000 hps don't even run that hot.ballast doesn't either.

Shit - That sucks. Which part of the lamps is it that gets so hot? I am not sure I fully understand

And now I don't want to run them. So there possible goes a waste of 600us and didn't even get to run for a full week

I was kinda hoping they could be used inside a closet for cloning. But they'll cook the clones with that much heating. Hmm

My 1000 hps don't even run that hot.ballast doesn't either.

Hey Dark! I'm guessing the lights won't be a fire hazard but what maybe more important is how hot they're making your grow space and can you effectively reduce that heat. I don't see a lot of people using sidelights and I think you may be better off trimming the lower growth so energy concentrates on the canopy. Some trim off everything below the top 5 nodes, I do something close to that. Maybe Mars will let you return the side lights, especially if you were to trade em in for another panel...?

Deville, I highly reccomend Doc's Kit, you will not be disappointed. It's really easy to use, with great results and lots of support. No ph'ing, no flushing, just those 2 things make it worth it. Do it!

The casing that holds the lights hit 135f deville. The silver case that surrounds the led light bars. And then the ballast that's attached to silver casing also get 135f.
Weenmeoff for the most part I can keep
Room within temps required sometimes it gets up to the 30+ but with inline running full tilt seems to go back to normal. Without led bars running room stays between 20-25c no problem

If they all run that hot, I can forget about using them during the summer. For a vegg-tent during the winter months however. This could be both light and heating. Not quite how I imagined I would use them though. Would be appreciated if you keep us in the loop about the bars Dark. I still didn't receive mine. Think they're on a shipping container somewhere

So another day comes another update.
Still hurting pretty bad. Not so much from my surgery I don't think but my old back injury is fucking ke up right now can't move that much.
But the girls are looking as healthy as can be. Praying to the light daily and just perfect green leafs, also getting some 11 pointers. Last feed they had just straight water cause I was in the hospital and I didn't trust My buddy to mix up nutes. So next feed will continue with a dosage of the vega.
Cut 60 clones off theses girls for my next hps grow. And topped 4 out of 5. One is just wanting to stay short.
IMG_043244.JPG
IMG_043145.JPG
IMG_042845.JPG
IMG_042845.JPG
IMG_042641.JPG
IMG_042454.JPG
IMG_042252.JPG
IMG_042048.JPG
IMG_041949.JPG
IMG_041754.JPG
IMG_041552.JPG
IMG_041552.JPG
IMG_041754.JPG
IMG_042252.JPG
IMG_042641.JPG

So after many emails back and forth with mars hydro looks like I'm stuck with these led light bars. They say them running 135f is normal and they aren't willing to exchange led bars for another light. Which is sad cause I barley even got to use these lights for more then a week. I remember awhile back someone said they buy mars gear over the other no name brands cause mars stands by there equipment. Doesn't seem that way to me. I do know one thing the money they got from me for those led light bars will be last money mars hydro ever received from me again. There loss another company gain.mars hydro alone I've bought 2 reflector 144,mars 1600, 2 mars 320 and a few tents. My mars 320 and reflector are still very nice lights and won't take that away from them but will also never promote there stuff again either. My mars 1600 blew leds within first 3 weeks of owning it and after having to take a loss on that light I ended up with the 320. I won't take another loss from mars hydro again that's for sure

I understand your disappointment. I know by now I won't be able to use mine as planned either. Luckily I do still have use for them during winter months, but I won't use them for anything during the summer. I'm already struggling to keep temps down. Summer finally kicked in

So after many emails back and forth with mars hydro looks like I'm stuck with these led light bars. They say them running 135f is normal and they aren't willing to exchange led bars for another light. Which is sad cause I barley even got to use these lights for more then a week. I remember awhile back someone said they buy mars gear over the other no name brands cause mars stands by there equipment. Doesn't seem that way to me. I do know one thing the money they got from me for those led light bars will be last money mars hydro ever received from me again. There loss another company gain.mars hydro alone I've bought 2 reflector 144,mars 1600, 2 mars 320 and a few tents. My mars 320 and reflector are still very nice lights and won't take that away from them but will also never promote there stuff again either. My mars 1600 blew leds within first 3 weeks of owning it and after having to take a loss on that light I ended up with the 320. I won't take another loss from mars hydro again that's for sure

Back
Top Bottom