Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Thank you,
It is always good to hear the thought process behind any action, helps me to understand what your thinking/looking for.
Did you add the tea as Doc suggest? and I am guessing you added enough water per tote to get that "greasy skin" feel.
It will be 2 to 3 weeks before I start, as I have to finish setting everything up and check the environmental conditions.
Originally I wanted to run Sannies Jack 12/12 from seed, however not having used this kit before, I think I will run something easier. I have some NL Fem seeds that I will run instead. I intend to post a journal here, and hoping everyone will walk me through it.
I believe it when everyone says it is simple, so is riding a bike. However it took a little time for me to get my balance right and take off with confidence.

:thumb:

if you have grown something before and you have another seed, try it in HB soil. you will have less new variables :)

Reminder to everyone:

Please don't get complicated! 2 mils of tea vs. 5 mils......NO DIFFERENCE! (of course, using 5 mils will use up your supply faster, but you won't hurt anything.

I'm not sure why everyone treats the drenches like it's hydro....They are very forgiving.

Foliars should be mixed exactly correct. Drenches have a wide range.

Stick with the ranges given in the instructions and see how the plants do. We can all chime in if they need more or less, based on pictures posted.

Familiarity with the products and a reliance on observation and intuition is a better practice than detailed measurements, although until you learn the sound of a "plop" of drench or tea, measurements are helpful......like training wheels on the bike.

Drenches

Growth Energy: This product increases soil energy and provides vegetative growth energy and bulking of fruit and flowers once formed.

Transplant: This product, being organic, slightly favors reproductive growth of seeds, flowers and fruit. It is used to feed the microbial colony in the soil mostly, but it also boosts reproductive growth to some extent.

Cat Drench: This product increases soil energy, highly favors reproductive growth and provides cations and the ammonia form of nitrogen, which strongly stimulate fruiting and flowering, as well as seed production.

All drenches are mixed at 1/2 to 1 1/2 ounce per 6 plants(30 sq. feet of garden space for those in raised beds) Applications up to 2.5 oz can be applied without harm, but very few plants require this much. Heavy feeders might try 1 oz before mixing stronger.

Another practice some container growers are finding helpful is to include 1/4 strength Transplant with every watering.

Stick with these ranges and you'll be just fine. The low range is very low.....and double the high range won't hurt them.

this is my NL 3+ weeks in flowering just had first cat drench yesterday.

starting to show a slight fade, but she is 9+ weeks old in 2gl pot.

MG30_NL_bud_66f.JPG

Hash Hound - "USArmy Veteran 71-74 Kaiserslautern, Ger. any my old army buds out there?"

Hello Hash,
I did K-Town, not Army, Brat. Even worse, AirForce Brat. Officer Brat. Fliegerstasse. My father was at USAFE HQ in Intelligence.
I worked as a civilian on Ramstein AFB as a glorified lawnmower man, around the Tab V's and Hot Cargo Pad in '79.
My job was to eliminate any locations in foliage where spy's could hide.

Somehow, foliage has always been a big part of my life. But now I only cut it when its just right.

We would take the train to Breda to get Lebanese Red. Couldnt find much weed in Europe in the '70, all hash, all the time.

one advantage, it's easy to tip on its side for spraying the under side of the leaves.

A much bigger advantage than one would think. If I could learn to run the kit in small pots and get the same results, this would be heaven. To manage vertical space with multiple levels would be even better. A series of bonsai HB plants, loaded with frosty buds......:dreamy:

No Duggan, I'm not thinking about it for another year. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm curious if anyone on here has an auto watering system with the kit on here. Would a top drip system work with the kit or should we set up a sprayer system underneath the troughs we will build? Just looking for something to make watering easier and faster. Mix up the drenches and turn on the pump and let it go is what I'm looking for. Watering shouldn't be the most time consuming chore in the garden. Any ideas?

I'm curious if anyone on here has an auto watering system with the kit on here. Would a top drip system work with the kit or should we set up a sprayer system underneath the troughs we will build? Just looking for something to make watering easier and faster. Mix up the drenches and turn on the pump and let it go is what I'm looking for. Watering shouldn't be the most time consuming chore in the garden. Any ideas?

Hey Nis,...i did something years ago you guys might like to try. I elevated (on a stand) an old water softener brine tank that was about 35 /40 gal's,..drilled and installed a tap at the bottom where i put on a length of garden hose with a long 'wand' to water with. It worked great,..was gravity fed too, no pump required. The hardest part was re-filling the tank. cheers eh!

Flood and drain would be great.

The problem with auto-watering is that they don't always need water on a schedule. A simple switch that could be activated when needed would be preferable to an automated system, IMO.

Hey Doc, just wondering I have some tea left over from another kit. Can I mix it with water and feed it in with soil I am mixing right now? Would it speed the process up of the cooking time? Thanks

Hi Nis, the one question I have is how would you control how much each plant gets? I would think that you would need to control irrigation to each plant individually unless they were all in a flood table that you could drain. Also, would it be flexible enough to fit different grows? Okay, that's 2 questions, but I think Doc's suggestion of flood table solves both without all the tubing and valves that I envisioned at first.

Back
Top Bottom