DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

Hey C,I just got back from my hydro shop for some more co2 .I was talking to them about bud candy,they say that bud candy is a combination of carbo load and and another product AN used to sell called sweetleaf and that its alot better than carboload alone.you should give it a try this round and see if you get higher crystal production.I gotta say the crystals im getting this round justifies the higher price for me:)

I want to try that out for my new grow and I could still use it on my present grow!

Hey C,I just got back from my hydro shop for some more co2 .I was talking to them about bud candy,they say that bud candy is a combination of carbo load and and another product AN used to sell called sweetleaf and that its alot better than carboload alone.you should give it a try this round and see if you get higher crystal production.I gotta say the crystals im getting this round justifies the higher price for me:)

yeah mate i know this already.

To be fair bud candy works. i have it in my stock. but carboload does the job the same at 1/3 the price. bud candy is kinder on hydro as it doesnt make the res so slimey but does that make it 3x more expensive? hmmm i doubt it mate.

Jon, for cost effectiveness I bet you would do better with BPN Liquid Blue Blue Planet Nutrients

Im not so sure Bass. Looking at journals i can see it gives results but and its a big but...

Many people who say it works trialed it for free and shout about it when havent tried other nutes, yes there are seasoned growers now using it but can u honestly tell me it gives u better results than other named brands. it may equal them but does it better them?

Also its not so cheap when factoring in shipping. it actually works out that i could run AN line with multiple additives (and AN although pricey, really does work) for just about the same as BPN high yield bundle shipped over.

Im not at all saying it doesnt work, but i am saying there are still better products out there. too many people shouting off the roof tops when theyve been given it for free to be sure if its true. A good grower will make what they have work, and havent seen enough like for like grows to agree.

yeah mate i know this already.

To be fair bud candy works. i have it in my stock. but carboload does the job the same at 1/3 the price. bud candy is kinder on hydro as it doesnt make the res so slimey but does that make it 3x more expensive? hmmm i doubt it mate.
thats cool C,to each there own.From what im reading in this link(I know its from the manufacturer)I think im going to stick with bud candy.It makes sense to me that the plants need different carbs at different times during flower but im going to fire up one of my waterfarms and use carboload with everything else exactly the same and see for myself:)
Do Carbohydrate Supplements Really Produce Bigger Yields and Root Systems in Hydroponic Gardens?

Im not so sure Bass. Looking at journals i can see it gives results but and its a big but...

Many people who say it works trialed it for free and shout about it when havent tried other nutes, yes there are seasoned growers now using it but can u honestly tell me it gives u better results than other named brands. it may equal them but does it better them?

Also its not so cheap when factoring in shipping. it actually works out that i could run AN line with multiple additives (and AN although pricey, really does work) for just about the same as BPN high yield bundle shipped over.

Im not at all saying it doesnt work, but i am saying there are still better products out there. too many people shouting off the roof tops when theyve been given it for free to be sure if its true. A good grower will make what they have work, and havent seen enough like for like grows to agree.

I wasn't aware shipping was a problem for him. I know it is for you.

Yes I have used AN and love their products. However, I despise their prices. That's what I mean by cost effectiveness. I have not done worse in any way with BPN, and it costs a shit ton less. Even Cory from BPN will suggest that of the major nutrient companies, when properly used, we should see very similar results. I can attest to that with BPN vs AN. So then it comes down to cost of product and value. My nutrient cost is 1/3rd (guesstimate) of AN using BPN.

As always whats best for each individual grower will also take into account what is available to them in there current location. For me canna is really the only nutrient company bringing to Australia quantities that can keep the price affordable for us.(except the real shit stuff which you wouldn't feed your lawn) I have to agree with both sides but especially agree with C that a good grower will make most things work for them. Hell there are plenty of growers who use miracle grow or some other comparable nutrient and pull off some fantastic grows! I know i would love to try BPN but seriously to get it shipped to me i really cant see it being any more affordable not to mention a pain in the ass to get and paints a bullseye on me to the filth!

:peace:

agreed bass. wen combined with shipping to uk its easier to source whats available here. Dont get me wrong, im not knocking BPN at all. I was just suggesting that there was an explosion of growers using it due to free supplies for journals and obviously winning it in contests. This had me thinking that maybe alot of guys were saying it was amazing as they hadnt paid for it and got half decent results. But clearly there are growers who have had excellent results with it. AN prices are a joke but i'll be honest i'll pay it for some of their products because they give results. I wouldnt go out and buy the whole line these days, i remember it costing me £1300 to buy there bundles in the quantity needed for a grow a couple years back, thats prob $2000. And i get great results from canna and dutch pro at a fraction of the cost. I will get around to trying BPN just for the sake of it as im always looking to get that perfect mix of nutes and additives. its just bit risky getting it posted to me when it has to come through customs.

Hey C!

I'm a big fan of MMA and a big fan of growing cannabis. You must have an awesome lifestyle! I really enjoyed reading this journal (only on page 21 so far lol!).

Have you ever tried cannabis before rolling? I know alot of BJJ guys overseas does that and they swear it gives them better flow.

If you have time, could you take a look at my plants in veg and weigh in on how I should train them?

agreed bass. wen combined with shipping to uk its easier to source whats available here. Dont get me wrong, im not knocking BPN at all. I was just suggesting that there was an explosion of growers using it due to free supplies for journals and obviously winning it in contests. This had me thinking that maybe alot of guys were saying it was amazing as they hadnt paid for it and got half decent results. But clearly there are growers who have had excellent results with it. AN prices are a joke but i'll be honest i'll pay it for some of their products because they give results. I wouldnt go out and buy the whole line these days, i remember it costing me £1300 to buy there bundles in the quantity needed for a grow a couple years back, thats prob $2000. And i get great results from canna and dutch pro at a fraction of the cost. I will get around to trying BPN just for the sake of it as im always looking to get that perfect mix of nutes and additives. its just bit risky getting it posted to me when it has to come through customs.

Totally understand C. You guys n gals across the pond have to be careful with mail order flags and of course have to consider the cost of shipping if you do order it.

Personally, I made 2-3 purchases in gallons orders before I ever got the freebie from MotM. I'm thrilled to get the freebies, but when I run out I'll buy more bpn again.

I do use two other additives, Fox Farms Bush Doctor, root enhancer microbe brew with various forms of Glomus. I use that in place of AN's VooDoo Juice. And Hygrozyme. And prior to BPN adding vitablue to their line I used AN's B52 during every feed from start to finish.

A 1 gallon jug of AN's B52 costs about $140. BPN's Vita Blue Costs $55 for 1 gallon. They both compare identically for npk and whatever else.

so heres update of flood and drain system.

day 28 flower.

175litres tap water ec 0.2
600ml canna aqua flores a+b
400ml cannazym
175ml dutch pro explode
300ml bud candy
15g piranha
30ml ph- bloom

2013-01-13_12_56_42.jpg

2013-01-13_13_00_18.jpg

2013-01-13_13_00_32.jpg

2013-01-13_13_00_39.jpg

2013-01-13_13_00_44.jpg

HI there C!

I am sorry for being offline, but i had a tight schedule for the last few days.
I got a call from work right after i asked you about defoliation, so i had to make my mind if i would defoliate now, or a week later.
I went with my gut and did it right away.

Before:
ksDoJl.jpg

Defoliation:
photo_1_1_10.JPG

After:
photo_4108.JPG

Thank you very much C, turns out everything is just fine. I updated my log, if you want to read more about. I got to run now.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom