Father & Sons Perpetual Hydro Grow In Aqua Farms

~woooot~ !!!!

and i have to agree with Sensei! whats up with the black block now!! LOL looking awesome- those plants are TALL! buds look massive.. everything here is as it should be! reps all the way :]]

nice nuggs and the other stuff is pretty nice too :winkyface:

Ok every one this grow is officially over, we got about 16-18 ounces (not bad for a first attempt at hydro) our eventual target is 20 ounces from 2 plants still using the 2 400w bulbs (440w when on super lumen) I feel we could have hit 20 if the canopy was more even but it was a odd strain, it had lots of indica in but still got leggy even in near perfect conditions but none the less still a good grow.

We have gone with Mazar (100% indica) this time which are just over a month old at the moment and won't be long before they go to the flowering room we have topped them both at around the 6th node and they are already starting to look stocky making a even canopy easier this time especially with a lot of training. I will uploads pics of the Mazar soon.

Here's a pic of my Dad with a rather large bud :)

IMG-20130514-WA0000.jpg

And this is just a quick pic of a random bud, just using my phones camera so the quality isn't amazing but i will try more tomorrow in day light and play with the focus a bit more.

DSC_0473.JPG

Thanks to everyone that has shown interest in this grow, next chapter mazar :)

Nice plants and it's a shame they blocked out your pretty wife ;-) How much weight you pulling off of each of those plants? Are the buds below the light really light and scrappy-looking?
Perhaps I should look better..... I see you posted about 1/2lb for each plant. Nice work!

Mazar in the veg room just before we put them in the flowering room,
DSC_0476.JPG

In the new room and lst'd
DSC_04991.JPG

DSC_0498.JPG
DSC_05001.JPG
DSC_04771.JPG

In the flowering room my Dad has modified the aqua farms so we have a central res now and so much more aeration and also the new res will mean lots less maintenance, just one check for E.C an pH rather then 2 and 1 res stretch to about 2-3 weeks with just topping up before a complete change is needed. I only have one picture of the new system it's not to great but i will get round to putting some better ones on soon, maybe even a YouTube video.
DSC_04961.JPG

Nice harvest!

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

love this setup mate, just wondering what id need to do this with my aqua farms, im shit at plumbing or anything to do with it lol

Hello Taylor if you are seriously considering Modifying your aqua farm to have a central reservoir let me know and i will give you more details and even draw you a diagram but the basic principle we have used is to get a submersible pump to put in the central reservoir (the more farms the more powerful pump you will need) ours is about 1500 L/H which is over kill for 2 farms to be honest but it has speed control.

We drilled a hole in the hole at the bottom of the farm that was already there for the blue fill line tube, we drilled it to fit a 25mm pond out let which is easy to find tubing that fits, so the pump fills the farms from the res from the bottom of the farms.

We drilled holes further up the farm with tubing that runs back to the res, we made two of these one a bit above the other as a safety feature because if one got filled up with roots the water level would rise and go down the 2nd line.

Also we have a big air stone in the central res and two small ones in the farms, (the farms are still using drip feed with a small pump in each.

Hope this helps mate and like I said I can go in to more detail if you seriously want to do something similar also I could get some better pictures for you and send you links to the parts and drill pieces you would need. i would recommend doing it as it makes the system work alot better and less maintenance.

hi,

amazing results, can i just ask a quick question, well you was using 2 x 400 hps, how did you find the light penetration further down the plant,
also what would the maximum height be that you think the lights can grow without getting problems with no light getting to bottom of the plant,

im only asking as i use the dual spectrum 400watt hps and wondered just how big a plant it would support, i grow several plants at the same time but if i could grow 2 big plants then i might be able to hit similar yields, i know a scrog would be ideal for penetration but that gives you many main colas, i prefer to have a few strains growing at different stages of growth so i have staggered harvests so a scrog is out the question, so if i could grow bigger plants then i just wondered how big would you say a light like that can grow, my room is roughly 4ft by 4ft, mylar lined,

Back
Top Bottom