First Time Grower! - Bubba Kush! - Advice Appreciated!

Ceiling is about 6 ft tall.

But what about the light and pot? I find the ceiling height needs to be reduced by at least 3'. You have the height of the pot + the height of the light and space above it + the distance from plant canopy to light. I've not grown your strain but assume it will more than double in height. Flip accordingly.

But what about the light and pot? I find the ceiling height needs to be reduced by at least 3'. You have the height of the pot + the height of the light and space above it + the distance from plant canopy to light. I've not grown your strain but assume it will more than double in height. Flip accordingly.

I see. The light hangs at least two feet; pots are about a foot tall. Doesn't give me much extra room.

Nice work on the recovery Vlad!!! I will sub up and watch your progress!

Thanks, OregonGrown! Welcome. I'm trying here. Fingers crossed.

Measure my two biggest plants and they're larger than I thought. Tallest is 8 inches, next is 6 inches. I topped them yesterday.

I'm leaving my two healthiest plants in the plastic pots for now, but I do have Smart Pots for them with ProMix. Should I leave them as is for now, or repot them? Can I repot from soil to ProMix? I repotted two of my unhealthiest plants and they looked pretty bad for the first couple days, but now they seem to be holding on - gaining a little strength. Noticed their root growth was underdeveloped when I repotted.

Thanks.

Hey there VP your grow overall looks good a few bumps in the road are normal. I teetered on the brink of disaster my whole first grow lol. I am growing a Bubba kush from clone right now and she is a sensitive one for sure. She is also a slow grower. originally i had two of them, when i got them i potted them up after three days and one of them just withered and died in under three days i didn't even have her a week before i killed her so your doing great.

Sent from my Z959 using 420

Day 30

Some changes per all of your advice. Repotted two of the sickly looking plants into Smart Pots with ProMix HP. During this process I noticed very minimal root development, which is troubling. You can see a vat of rain water with a bag of Bu's Compost Tea brewing. I watered the new transplants with this. Learned that I should water the ProMix before transplanting. As you can see I could have added more Mix - it shrunk after it was watered.

Waiting for my worm compost in the mail along with my pH meter and some nutes. I'll see how the new transplants take. Will leave the two healthier plants in the plastic pots for awhile and take it from there. May top the largest plant this week.

Excited here. Hopefully two plants will rebound and the other two will continue to thrive. Looking forward to all of your thoughts. And thanks again for all the guidance.

IMG_20160523_083056.jpg

i use promix in smart pots and a hint of advice water slowly cause the water will leak out the sides of the pot and you will not be watering thoroughly

i use promix in smart pots and a hint of advice water slowly cause the water will leak out the sides of the pot and you will not be watering thoroughly

Dunk 'em. Quick, easy, and it doesn't compact the soil like top watering.

VP said he might add to it.
I vegged 4 plants under a similar light for 8 weeks i had one male so i flowered three of them. After the stretch i needed more light, so i bought another light similar wattage but could have used one more in flower at the end. Basically the 300 watt size is good for one plant in flower so yea he probably will need more light and it seems he kinda knew that already.
Penetration through the canopy wasn't the best so i am contemplating some sort of side lighting in the 30 watt LED cob style lights around the perimeter with the Mars and UFO lighting the tops in flower and just the Mars for veg and the cob lights as needed.

I vegged 4 plants under a similar light for 8 weeks i had one male so i flowered three of them. After the stretch i needed more light, so i bought another light similar wattage but could have used one more in flower at the end. Basically the 300 watt size is good for one plant in flower so yea he probably will need more light and it seems he kinda knew that already.
Penetration through the canopy wasn't the best so i am contemplating some sort of side lighting in the 30 watt LED cob style lights around the perimeter with the Mars and UFO lighting the tops in flower and just the Mars for veg and the cob lights as needed.

Good to know. Looks like I'm back in the lighting market. I only have one 300 watt LED at the moment. Planning on at least another 3 weeks of veg or more. Not sure if I should get a 600 watt LED or 300. Most likely the former. Or I'll look into a cheaper alternative. Doesn't have to be LED, but my electricity bill for the last month was only an additional $7, so LED has proven to be efficient on the wallet.

Re-potting question. Noticed my largest plant's roots are trying to break through the bottom of the plastic pot. So, I plan to re-pot into a 3 gallon Smart Pot. The plant is dry.. I haven't been going overboard with watering. It's been doing well on it's own so I just leave it alone until it sends SOS signals - thanks to advice on this thread. I don't want to screw up the re-potting process. I would like to get all of this girl and her roots well into the Smart Pot with ProMix. So, should I dampen the current soil/pot (to make sure it all comes out in one clump) then turn upside down until it loosens and place into the Smart Pot? Should I add ProMix first and water then add the plant?

Hey there VP your grow overall looks good a few bumps in the road are normal. I teetered on the brink of disaster my whole first grow lol. I am growing a Bubba kush from clone right now and she is a sensitive one for sure. She is also a slow grower. originally i had two of them, when i got them i potted them up after three days and one of them just withered and died in under three days i didn't even have her a week before i killed her so your doing great.

Thanks, redmud! Gives me some confidence. This fussy Bubba Kush really makes us pay for the premium end product.

How are your clones doing now?

I am growing one successfully but she is growing at half the pace of the other plants which are Blackberry kush, Lunar Landing, and Pennywise

I tried potting up both ways and the best i have figured out is damp soil in the plants i like to fill my new pot with soil to the height i want my plant, i test it by setting the still potted plant in the new pot on the soil till its right, then i leave the potted plant in and fill it the rest of the way to level with the soil in the old pot, lift the pot and plant out spray the hole with ph'd water sprinkle some mykos or great white in there, pop the plant out of the pot, and into the perfect size hole, ad a little soil to the top to fill any gaps scratch the top mixing the new and old soil at the surface then let it rest a day or as long as you feel comfortable then give them ph'd water till runoff and return to whatever feed schedule you established

Back
Top Bottom