FNG

Hey welcome sir!! I’m Canadian but I still feel like I need to thank you for your service! I’m sorry to hear about all the problems it has caused you. Now let’s get you set up for some meds!! CHeck out our sponsors with what they have for seeds. There is a link to our sponsors under my posts. Go check it out. Remember, keep it simple for when you start out! Check out my journal located under my post to check out a diy tent build if interested. Also check out the tents in our sponsors. They have some great tents!! I’m more then happy to help you along the way! As well as many other great members will help you as well!
Backlipslide,
How’s it going eh? I always ask my Canadian brothers and sisters that. I don’t know if you remember Bob and Doug McKensie or not. Thank you for the warm welcome. I knew what I was getting in to when I joined the Corps. “Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it”. I can’t tell you and our fellow burners what a relief it is to get on here. My BIL hooked me up with some really great stuff and I want to enjoy it regularly. He’s beat up too and doesn’t believe in the hype that pharmaceutical companies are throwing out. Mary Jane is a beautiful lady. In the words of Jake Blues. “I gave up cigarettes for my New Years resolution, but didn’t give up smoking!”

I forgot to mention that I want to grow my own herb. Don’t have a clue where to start.

You already started! You joined this community. Gotta start somewhere. You'll be off and going in no time.

:welcome:

Backlipslide,
How’s it going eh? I always ask my Canadian brothers and sisters that. I don’t know if you remember Bob and Doug McKensie or not. Thank you for the warm welcome. I knew what I was getting in to when I joined the Corps. “Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it”. I can’t tell you and our fellow burners what a relief it is to get on here. My BIL hooked me up with some really great stuff and I want to enjoy it regularly. He’s beat up too and doesn’t believe in the hype that pharmaceutical companies are throwing out. Mary Jane is a beautiful lady. In the words of Jake Blues. “I gave up cigarettes for my New Years resolution, but didn’t give up smoking!”

I absolutely remember the bob and Doug Mackenzie show! An absolute classic! It’s funny I read that question in a bob Mackenzie voice! :laugh:

You are right! They are a very beautiful plant!!

Yep, don’t get me started on pharmaceuticals! I’ll never shut up! Lol I’m sorry to hear about your banged up brother! We will have to get you growing so you can share with your brother!

Have you decided what type of growing your going after? (I.e. indoor or outdoor)

Barney,
Thanks for sharing some good knowledge. I will do some good research for sure. I used to be the measure once and cut twice.
Yeah you need to be more like an engineer in this game mate. Measure twice, then stand around talking about it for half an hour, have a fag, wee cuppa tea. Go back and measure it again. Then you'll realise there's a wee 10mm nut missing so you'll have to move something so go back and measure it again. By which point you're hungry so go get some haggis and bacon rolls. Go back measure it a couple more times and then, once your positive the light switch is definately a light switch, go call the Sparky's mate in that gets a fiver an hour less and get him to fit it.
Yes, I have a grievance with Sparky's lol.
But yeah. Always measure twice cut once mate. Mistakes can be costly in this world. Especially if it's not legal for ya :)

Welcome @Blazejowski , thank you for your service! Growing weed is easy. Buy what you want, make mistakes, try different growing techniques, don't be gentle, break shit...its almost impossible to kill this stuff, and when you do, just grow some more!

I've found the thing that makes this endeavor most enjoyable for me is to not worry or care that much about the results. Happy farmer, happy plants. Stressed farmer, over thinking, over watering, over worrying. We can always grow more! Cheers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

I’m in NC. I have looked at Royal Queen Seeds. Are they legit?
I just got some Royal Queen, Royal Cookies from Seedsman.com. (2 weeks after ordering)They have a special on RQ seeds, or had a special, and I got 5 fem seeds for the price of 3, at a discount. I grew outdoors in Alabama before I moved to Montana, and liked the extended growing season. Frost up here, even with my greenhouse, limits me to quicker plants, so no long bloom Sativas for me. If you can, throw some plants in some good ground soon, and you'll have some nice bud about Nov 1. I suggest organics in dirt for an easy and quality grow. You'll have a cheap, quality stash, and that will give you time to gain some knowledge so you can make an educated decision on any purchases you may want to make. Take it from an ex Seabee, even a jarhead can grow pot, it's a weed. Semper Fi bud.

When it comes to growing them, the guys are right. It's a weed, It's not difficult.
Just gotta be sure of what you're doing and be sure you've got the right gear to achieve your goals.
Lots of snake oils, magical lights and other things to navigate your way around before spending any cash.

I am planning to grow. Nothing heavy, just for me and friends. I’ve got to find some great seeds. Any ideas?
A lot of folks like seedsman seeds.

I am planning to grow. Nothing heavy, just for me and friends. I’ve got to find some great seeds. Any ideas?
I've got a few mate.
Do you prefer facemelters that suck you into the floor.
smokes that make you want to run marathons.
Somewhere in the middle or somewhere mildly to each side :)

Lights will be your biggest investment. What kind of budget are you working with?
How much per kilowatt is your electricity?
Two big questions to figure out.
I've said this a million times, my electricity is very expensive so I go with lower drawing LED's from MH.

Cheers

Wick. :morenutes:

Lights will be your biggest investment. What kind of budget are you working with?
How much per kilowatt is your electricity?
Two big questions to figure out.
I've said this a million times, my electricity is very expensive so I go with lower drawing LED's from MH.

Cheers

Wick. :morenutes:
I've just worked out that In bloom I can run 900w for only £20 a week if it goes off 6am-6pm. Could probably shave a few if I left it till later but like to go up straight from work. Costs me a disgusting amount to run leccy during the day. Roughly double.

I've just worked out that In bloom I can can 910w for only £20 a week if it goes off 6am-6pm. Could probably shave a few if I left it till later but like to go up straight from work. Costs me a disgusting amount to run leccy during the day. Roughly double.

I have zero idea what your cost is in USD, but since you have explained that your electricity is expensive. I use the Mars-Hydro Reflector Series LEDs.
They run cheap and produce nice weed.

I've just worked out that In bloom I can can 910w for only £20 a week if it goes off 6am-6pm. Could probably shave a few if I left it till later but like to go up straight from work. Costs me a disgusting amount to run leccy during the day. Roughly double.
I use two of these in a MH 4'X4'X6'5 tent. Each light draws about as much as a toaster.

Cheaper at the MH factory store on eBay.

I use two of these in a MH 4'X4'X6'5 tent. Each light draws about as much as a toaster.

Cheaper at the MH factory store on eBay.

Haha they're not too bad lights to be fair mate. 200w each so 400w covering 4x4 which is 16square feet at 25w per sqf.
Bit under powered for a blurple.
35w per sqf is what high end led users go for. We want a bit more than that for best results but not like it's not enough for some bangin buds :)
Get enough other stuff right and they'll still do a lot better than someone with much better lights that gets a few things wrong :)

I’m in NC. I have looked at Royal Queen Seeds. Are they legit?

Hey @Blazejowski ... welcome to :420: ... this site is amazing!

I am a new grower too, so I will try and share what I have learned so far:

*** Royal Queen Seeds is legit and most seed banks provide great service.

*** I had the same question when I started, so I posted a thread later on to help others ... you can read it here: True North Seed Bank Online Order

I like True North Seed Bank because I live in Canada, but I found out Seedsman is good too ... compare prices!

If you check out this link ... Seedsman Promotions ... or this link ... TNSB Promotions ... you will find that Fast Buds has a 5+5 Promo on right now.

I'm pretty sure there are going to be lots of 4th of July promotions too.

*** Autoflowers are a great choice for a first grow because you germinate the seed and then harvest in about 70 days.

I like the Blue Dream' strain, but ZKittlez, Gorilla Glue, Girl Scout Cookies and Northern Express are popular as well.

0_blue_dreammatic.jpg
Blue Dream' Auto

Please use these codes to get a discount from sponsors:

10% discount code for Seedsman: 10420MAG2017
20% discount code for TNSB: 4M20

*** You are going to want to pay attention to THC and CBD ratios ... you may even want to try the CBD strains.

*** Soil is a great for beginners ... I chose Fox Farm Ocean Forest because after the seed germinates you just put the seed in the soil and let it grow for a few weeks.

*** If you choose coco or a soil that is a "blank slate" ... then you need to add a bunch of nutrients to simulate growing in soil.

*** I chose Fox Farm Gringo Rasta nutrients because they have a watering and feeding schedule you can easily follow.

*** You can get other nutrient packages and feeding schedules too ... that's a big help.

*** Watering is important so you should read this link: The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

*** Environment is very important ... skim/read through a few grow journals to get ideas ... here's mine: 420's Sherlock Holmes' FFOF Soil, Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese Autoflower, Grow Journal 2019

*** When you're ready, start a Grow Journal on this site ... and people here will follow your progress and make sure you succeed!

Haha they're not too bad lights to be fair mate. 200w each so 400w covering 4x4 which is 16square feet at 25w per sqf.
Bit under powered for a blurple.
35w per sqf is what high end led users go for. We want a bit more than that for best results but not like it's not enough for some bangin buds :)
Get enough other stuff right and they'll still do a lot better than someone with much better lights that gets a few things wrong :)
I read it as 250 w each

Hey @Blazejowski ... welcome to :420: ... this site is amazing!

I am a new grower too, so I will try and share what I have learned so far:

*** Royal Queen Seeds is legit and most seed banks provide great service.

*** I had the same question when I started, so I posted a thread later on to help others ... you can read it here: True North Seed Bank Online Order

I like True North Seed Bank because I live in Canada, but I found out Seedsman is good too ... compare prices!

If you check out this link ... Seedsman Promotions ... or this link ... TNSB Promotions ... you will find that Fast Buds has a 5+5 Promo on right now.

I'm pretty sure there are going to be lots of 4th of July promotions too.

*** Autoflowers are a great choice for a first grow because you germinate the seed and then harvest in about 70 days.

I like the Blue Dream' strain, but ZKittlez, Gorilla Glue, Girl Scout Cookies and Northern Express are popular as well.

0_blue_dreammatic.jpg
Blue Dream' Auto

Please use these codes to get a discount from sponsors:

10% discount code for Seedsman: 10420MAG2017
20% discount code for TNSB: 4M20

*** You are going to want to pay attention to THC and CBD ratios ... you may even want to try the CBD strains.

*** Soil is a great for beginners ... I chose Fox Farm Ocean Forest because after the seed germinates you just put the seed in the soil and let it grow for a few weeks.

*** If you choose coco or a soil that is a "blank slate" ... then you need to add a bunch of nutrients to simulate growing in soil.

*** I chose Fox Farm Gringo Rasta nutrients because they have a watering and feeding schedule you can easily follow.

*** You can get other nutrient packages and feeding schedules too ... that's a big help.

*** Watering is important so you should read this link: The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

*** Environment is very important ... skim/read through a few grow journals to get ideas ... here's mine: 420's Sherlock Holmes' FFOF Soil, Bakerstreet C.R.E.A.M. Cheese Autoflower, Grow Journal 2019

*** When you're ready, start a Grow Journal on this site ... and people here will follow your progress and make sure you succeed!
Blue Dream'matic by fastbuds is my favourite ever stone mate. I point it out every time I see it mentioned.
A truly unique stone that behaves in many different ways depending on the dose.
Mine took 56 days to even throw pistils though. No idea how long the grow was but at least 115 days. Maybe 7-10 more.

Beautiful Stone though.
It's like a big hug from a pink, fluffy, psychodelic Care Bear!

Was too scared to try it at high doses but it must be mental .
I was just having a wee one before my jaunt to work in the morning and for at least 2 months straight I sat trippin balls for the full hour on the bus :)

beautiful. In word word that's what it is.
absolutely beautiful.

extracts of that stuff would probably give you an outer body experience lol.

I read it as 250 w each
Hmm... Turns out I actually misread it the first time aswell mate. I'm on my Mrs phone so can't take pics but if you click on the link for the light there.
Then go to description/item specifics,
It says
Wattage- 200w
Actual wattage-190w
if the actual wattage is 190 then the actual wattage is 190 lol.
Still decent lights to have 2 per metre though. I do 2x 240w per meter but mine are the OLD MH 600's!
Nowhere near as good as yours mate. The tech is officially obscelete.
Don't even make them anymore but still pulls 1.2gpw if you push it.

Could get a fair bit more than that with yours!

Hmm... Turns out I actually misread it the first time aswell mate. I'm on my Mrs phone so can't take pics but if you click on the link for the light there.
Then go to description/item specifics,
It says
Wattage- 200w
Actual wattage-190w
if the actual wattage is 190 then the actual wattage is 190 lol.
Still decent lights to have 2 per metre though. I do 2x 240w per meter but mine are the OLD MH 600's!
Nowhere near as good as yours mate. The tech is officially obscelete.
Don't even make them anymore but still pulls 1.2gpw if you push it.

Could get a fair bit more than that with yours!
Just curious, how many amps does yours draw?

Yeah you need to be more like an engineer in this game mate. Measure twice, then stand around talking about it for half an hour, have a fag, wee cuppa tea. Go back and measure it again. Then you'll realise there's a wee 10mm nut missing so you'll have to move something so go back and measure it again. By which point you're hungry so go get some haggis and bacon rolls. Go back measure it a couple more times and then, once your positive the light switch is definately a light switch, go call the Sparky's mate in that gets a fiver an hour less and get him to fit it.
Yes, I have a grievance with Sparky's lol.
But yeah. Always measure twice cut once mate. Mistakes can be costly in this world. Especially if it's not legal for ya :)
I actualy read that in a Scottish accent lol... I'm with you about sparkys, them and bloody chippys are the bane of my life at work :rolleyes:

Sorry Blaze... welcome to the family :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom