FunkySkunk's 2nd Grow - LED SCROG - Super LemonHaze - TrainWreck -Akorn - Purple Haze

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd Grow - LED SCROG - Super LemonHaze - TrainWreck -Akorn - Purple

Think the 'stretch' period has just kicked in yo.

Purple haze has grown 3 inches overnight...can this cause problems with bud development? What is the best way to deal with stretch?
I never really had it with my CFL grow but then they were literally touching the plants...

Re: FunkySkunk's 2nd Grow - LED SCROG - Super LemonHaze - TrainWreck -Akorn - Purple

Evening :420:

Just a few pics of the stretch, and im getting abit concerned with the density of the akorns canopy, just had a major defol in the hope it will allow for better light penetration to smaller bud sites. Either way she is a beast.

DSCF25624.JPG
DSCF25614.JPG
DSCF25602.JPG
DSCF25593.JPG
DSCF25583.JPG
DSCF25574.JPG
DSCF25563.JPG
DSCF25553.JPG
DSCF25541.JPG
DSCF25532.JPG
DSCF25521.JPG
DSCF25511.JPG
DSCF25492.JPG
DSCF25501.JPG

The stem where she was topped is mega
DSCF2548.JPG
DSCF2546.JPG
DSCF2545.JPG
DSCF25441.JPG
DSCF25402.JPG
DSCF25432.JPG
DSCF25421.JPG
DSCF25412.JPG
DSCF25392.JPG

Amazing!

Haze is a sativa and sativas stretch like crazy.

Tips for dealing with too much stretch upon initial flip:

Make sure dark period is solid dark for 12 hours}
Use red spectrum lighting}
slightly elevate humidity}<--These first three help force it into full flower mode quickly which will reduce stretch
to control the stretch utilize LST and Super Cropping

I've had to deal with too much stretch by cutting off valuable tops. That is sad

Here as requested buddy :)
OK for big beasties like you have and stretch etc :) Firstly your biggest seems a little crowded but a damn nice bush. Dont do anymore defol for a bit unless your at the absolute limit height wise. In my opinion id be wanting more stretch! !!! Then later if it needs slowing or stopping then Id go with node pinching. This is really simple just gently crush a node point between finger and thumb. This will stop any growth above and aid in shortening node spacing below.
Your main work for getting great colas etc will be once your at the height you want and can use defol to the extreme to open her up and get more light in to her heart! :) My training gave me a fare bit of control over changing the canopy level. I do keep training through flower :) so keep opening her up and adjusting!

Calyx Hunter - Many thanks, your right the purple haze is stretching the most, i tied all her shoots down last night and they are couple of inches above canopy again! - Thanks for the advice they are getting solid 12 hour darkness and humidity is around 70% which I intend to bring down once flowering is in full swing :)

Light Addict- Thanks for popping by dude, One thing i noticed with your Gitt was the large stretch but they still turned into long but FAT colas. I am worried if I let her stretch that far they will never fill in and remain airy buds. Perhaps i need to let her off the reigns a little!!
Just checked on her and a few larger tops have stretched up and around smaller, struggling ones. Is it best to remove them and let the plant focus its energy on producing fewer larger colas?

Many thanks to all, Funky.

Yes :) firstly I did notice that on your close ups off the branches and stem that you have loads of tiny weenie new growth spots. Run your finger tips along your stems etc to rub off the tiny stuff, pluck anything a little bigger. This is the point or thereabouts that I decide what points will be substantial enough to produce well. So yeah pic the stuff thats imature and week and remove.
Dont stress one bit on stretch, keep as often as you can opening up the tops of the sites your leaving to produce. Opening up the tops by hand helps aid nodal spacing.
Also for colas my backbuilding tech works wonders, so if you haven't yet check that out the link is in my sig! :)
So yeah give her some love and some cruelty :)

Another thing I do to battle different heights is raise the light according to the tallest plant then boost up the shorties with books or boxes.

Cool A.N. Is it the p.h. Perfect

It sure is Dusty. Just fed them approx 1/2 strength with unsulfured blackstrap molasses and tap water.

Just taken a few pics and I gotta say they are bloomin' marvelous! Akorn is as massive as ever, but I gotta hand it to the SLH which was so behind and stunted a couple of weeks ago, it's like it kept all its growing energy whilst it was struggling, and now unleashed it all at once.
Plant house is stinking now, and when im bending and pinching the SLH's stem, the resin it secretes absolutely stinks of citrus. It also has fan leaves as large as my outstretched hand!
Stretch is still happening but im just letting them go now, keeping an eye on them :;):
pics.

DSCF25931.JPG
DSCF25922.JPG
DSCF25914.JPG
DSCF25901.JPG
DSCF25891.JPG
DSCF25882.JPG
DSCF25872.JPG
DSCF2586.JPG
DSCF25851.JPG
DSCF25841.JPG
DSCF25833.JPG
DSCF25822.JPG
DSCF25812.JPG
DSCF25802.JPG
DSCF25792.JPG
DSCF25783.JPG
DSCF25773.JPG
DSCF25762.JPG
DSCF25753.JPG
DSCF25743.JPG
DSCF25731.JPG
DSCF25721.JPG
DSCF25711.JPG
DSCF25702.JPG
DSCF25692.JPG
DSCF25682.JPG
DSCF25672.JPG
DSCF25662.JPG
DSCF25653.JPG
DSCF25643.JPG
DSCF25633.JPG

Whatsup:420:

Just had a bit of a tidy up under canopy, just the small stuff really, nothing too stress inducing. All 4 plants have the same canopy height,
and SLH is turning into a right bush.
Pistils are also forming nicely on them all :) Roll on flowering!!!!

Pics up shortly.

Thanks mate much appreciated! If she yields half as well as one of your old girls I'l be chuffed:blushsmile:

That handy garden wire is a must for training work I reckon, must'a gone through tens of metres of the bloody stuff already, cheap aswell.

Just added 5 of the silica gel de-humidifiers to try and lower RH as it's kinda high for budding...

Back
Top Bottom