Fuzzys 1st Auto Grow - Fast & Vast

Both fast n vast seeds I grew disappointed me. I bought a three pack, one didn't germ, the two that did didn't yield much. Good smoke, poor yields. Good luck, Fuzzy.

Only time will tell to see how these girls turn out :thumb:

I'm pretty sure the breeder of fast & vast mention this strain can be grown in 8 weeks from germination / finished but i'm quite sceptical about such claims, so that should give 5 more weeks... ?

Not sure if potting up could cause stress to promote early flowering tho, but i'm not ruling out phenotype occurrence either & plant structure at present could lean towards its ruderalis form.

I think it's Atrain who loves that strain so who knows. Not trying to burst your bubble though, just my two cents. It's like a box o chocolates. Wish you the best...

Any way got the girls in the flowering or HPS tent today.

Currently been running 16/8 with the 125w 6500k cfl but adjusted timing to 14/10 for the remaining duration of the grow with the 400w HPS, know ya thinking what ya up to you crazy ol git !

I'll explain some fuzzy logic ?

1. 12/12 is the normal associated timing for flowering with indica/sativa/hybrids indoors under lighting.

2. I understand autos will flower under virtually any timing cycle & should have a few weeks of a veg period before flowering starts.

3. Indica & Sativa come from different parts of the world a slightly different natural day light hours between regions, pretty sure they don't start to flower when day light hours hit 12/12 i'm reasonable sure that their is a difference between the two dominate species !

4. Genetics passed on via breeding perhaps dominate genetics have a memory to preferred light cycle ?

Ruderalis is often cross breed with indica's for some reason for auto plants, not worked that one out yet ?

So i looked at where ruderalis came from central europe, russia, americia, canada etc & looked at time zones, i took the longest day of the year to get a base figure of day light hours across all these regions... on average 16/8 give or take 45 mins ! AS you can see day light hours are building up to this date & decreasing afterwards... So i looked at a couple of months either side.

Average appeared around 14/10... so that is what i'm sticking with, sorry if that was head scratch but slightly out the box from the norm !

PICT000286.JPG

Ye that one in the far left hand corner some sort of runt or bad phenotype... "Mama always said growing was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Cool to see a a grow from you.
I guess lighting times are not meant to imitate nature.. you don't have 18 hours of light per day anywhere such plants could grow. I am already too far north here for most varieties, with 17 hours of light on the longest day of the year. 18 would be North Denmark (e.g. Aalborg) or South Sweden. It's just about maximizing the amount of light getting to the plant. If your light source is strong enough, 16 hours should work the same as 18.

End of week 5. It does appear that i have missed out week 4 tho due to seasonal celebrations... Happy new year all :Namaste:

Ok the girls have been under the 400w hps for 2 weeks now using a 14/10 cycle & looks reasonable so far, main nutrients used are applied at 1/4 rate Bloom to which is backed up with the same rate of P/K to make up for lack in the reduced bloom with the rest supervit, boost & bud link at suggested rate of application.

Touch of frost.

PICT000661.JPG
PICT000567.JPG
PICT000474.JPG
PICT000759.JPG

Mmm ye some where between 2 to 3 weeks of flowering & did not get much stretch with these.

End of week 6.

Noticed signs of the pistils turning a burnt orange colour upon inspection today & may show signs of em ripening up but not yet checked trichome development.

I believe i've got a few more weeks at best to play with but not looking at a normal harvest when compared to past grows with this auto strain !

PICT000179.JPG
PICT000287.JPG
PICT000374.JPG

I best start planning the next grow with Berry Bomb by Bomb seeds next i'll see how many germinate with some grown out in soil/compost & mother plant kept for the next learning curve being NFT - nutrient film technique it is just another hydroponic water based system at the end of day :thumb:

Phase 2

PICT000180.JPG

I'll see what pops & adjust if need be ? A mother plant is intended so that i can experiment with NFT or DWC more likely NFT at the mo...

Some kit change is planned also along with learning curve :thumb:

End of week 7.

Looking ok but with a touch of K - potassium def & more likely due to under feeding perhaps a numptie auto grower mistake !

Had em all out for a closer inspection to which i checked tric's which seems about 50/50 so i expect i may flower for 9 to 10 weeks but i'll see how it go's...

But ye fattening up a tad :thumb:

PICT000954.JPG

The NFT tray, ye got 4 inch rock wool cubes for this & may help with plant anchoring/stable issue's but got tricks up my sleeve just in case ! still working on spacing mind you to which i might do a mini sog type grow in the tray other wise it could be single beast scrog/flux not made my mind up yet ?

PICT000288.JPG

End of week 8.

I'm quite happy with the grow so far even tho i've had those WFT moments & more likely down to my first timer experience with auto's it can happen to the best of us :thumb:

Most of the fan leafs are yellowing by now with some sugar leaf turning also with tric ratio better than original thought which is a big plus, so one more week & then chop time.

The girl in the far left corner is what i called the runt but she has had less issues & better bud development than the others & just go's to show never under estimate the ugly duckling....

PICT000181.JPG
PICT000289.JPG
PICT000475.JPG
PICT000375.JPG

At a guess i'm thinking any where between 1/2 to 1 oz dry per plant but should keep me good in till the berry bomb is done in a few months time.

Looks nice, must smell great! The one I grew looked pretty much like yours, dense nugs frosty and full. I got just under a z. But, it was one of the better smokes I've had. Happy harvest!!

Looks nice, must smell great! The one I grew looked pretty much like yours, dense nugs frosty and full. I got just under a z. But, it was one of the better smokes I've had. Happy harvest!!

Ye sure where well frosty & bagged the trim for butter another day !

Mmm the smell was a bit odd whilst growing as it was mostly fruity through out & trimming with an after tone of earthy notes with a hint of fuel... sounds interesting but pretty sure these where a kush / skunk hybrid but not sure where i got a fruity note from perhaps a secret heavy weight cross some where along the lines ?

Kind of looking 3/4 to an oz per plant at the moment which should keep me quite in till the berry bomb is done :high-five:

They look great. The ugly ones always seem to end up special. :passitleft:

Ye appears to be a sativa phenotype out of the batch of seeds & liked the bud form on this one.

End of week 9.

Harvest time & these girls where pretty easy on the trim time...

Out of the 5 seeds which germinated i grew out 4 of them & culled 1 mainly down to expected size i thought they would get but could of got away with all 5 in my 90cm by 90cm tent... just one of those things in hind site.

I experienced 2 different phenotypes with these seeds.

3 of them turn out largely indica leaf wise with shorter internode spacing with pretty much a classic main cola the side lateral branches did not nearly form up as well as off i wanted to them to do, but may of helped if i had applied some lst work to them ? but showed a high leaf to flower/bud ratio with more of a fruity smell to them.

I don't think light penetration was an issue tho as these where all small plants & not over crowded in any way.

The runt or so called runt was a sativa phenotype in leaf, longer internode spacing & in general main cola with side lateral branches supporting same characteristic's with equal bud form with more earthy notes & less fruity smell.

The indica phenotypes.

PICT000182.JPG
PICT000662.JPG
PICT000568.JPG

The sativa phenotype aka the runt.

PICT000760.JPG

All hanging up with dehumidifier holding an ambient RH around 50% i just do this for the first few days when the bud is most moist to ward off bud rot problems & can happen during the slow air dry process to which the remaining period will slow air dry around 60% before burping jars / curing around the same RH level for next couple of weeks at around 20c temp, but i do like a longer cure of 6 to 8 weeks once jars are sealed tho to bring out the smoothness & taste :thumb:

So this is the end of journal & many thanks for those who choose to follow along :Namaste:

Berry Bomb has 5 out 5 germination & may keep a short journal on this one before diving into a nft experiment not sure yet ?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom