GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

most of those products arn't organic/natural to say the least. and he put disclaimers on them so he doesnt get in trouble for not being approved/tested for bad stuff. but humboldts own just came out with a bunch of other grow bloom and micros that rock.

GG7, those pics look awesome, as usual! :welldone:

I dont know if you're familliar with it, but there's a product by Emerald Triangle called "Purple Maxx" that's essentially the same as the SnowStorm Ultra I'm using for trich production, but it has some additional ingredients that will help turn blue/purple strains their intended color. You may want to check it out!

Hey Goose! Been a while since I have stopped by. Sounds like in just a few short weeks you have gone through a myriad of issues and what not. First and foremost I am just glad your health is good :thumb: and nice job on figuring out those plants. By the looks of them I don't know if I would have had your patience and probably would have cursed and chopped the lot of them.
So great find!

Keep up the great work buddy and RIP Kimba!

:peace: brotha!

You're definitely correct on that score! The bathtub grow area is the perfect flowering station, and that is primarily what I have always used it for. I've got three fans in there that run on a timer. My plan is to put the PR male main plant in there along with one of the shorter GDP clones and see what happens. I already have the PR male clone and two Harlequin clones in there right now, so I need to come up with something to get the small plants up at the same height as the larger ones. Getting all that to fit into the tub will be the biggest challenge.

Going to give the GDP another 7 days to reveg before I make my choice as to which GDP clone is going to go under the 12/12 with the PR male.

Stay tuned for another photo update when that moment arrives! :)

Anxiously awaiting the results of this one! Grandaddy Purple x (Purple Urkle x White Rhino) sounds like an AWESOME CROSS! I'd be interested in seeing the GC analysis of it.

they should call it barney the dinosaur.

No... Barney is evil.

To name cannabis after a child's character is not only wrong in the sense that it could be construed as trying to lure young children into smoking pot by the nutjobs out there that think cannabis is bad, but I have a personal dislike for the character as well, and would absolutely throw it back at the person that tried to suggest it as a medicine for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in my thinking. To me, it's like naming strains after chemicals that are harmful and even deadly when consumed.

Sorry if that offends. It wasn't meant as a personal attack. I just have very strong opinions on matters such as this.

they call strains bubble gum though so if they can use them names then i cant see why it matters, apart from your hatred of the character that is,lol

its sure a combination id like to try, i just wish things would change where i am and i could get a big grow on and do my own strains, theirs so many possibilities

they call strains bubble gum though so if they can use them names then i cant see why it matters, apart from your hatred of the character that is,lol

its sure a combination id like to try, i just wish things would change where i am and i could get a big grow on and do my own strains, theirs so many possibilities

You don't see how naming a cannabis strain after a child's character, that it could be construed as trying to lure young children into smoking pot by the nutjobs out there that think cannabis is bad, and thus harming the 420 movement even more could matter?

Little kids everywhere want shit that has ANYTHING to do with their favorite cartoon character, or some other crap like that. You can't see a crazy soccer mom jumping on the bandwagon against pot because it bears a name like that? You sir, are a deluded man, if you think it wouldn't happen somewhere.

They had to get rid of THE MARL{EDIT} MAN because crazy parents said it made their kids want to be cowboys and smoke cigarettes just like him... The Bud-Wise-Errrrrr frogs are gone now because kids rolled around the house repeating it and became more recognizable to kids that Sesame {Road} characters... Have a little thought when naming cannabis strains is all I'm saying. Think of the bigger picture.

Hey Goose! Been a while since I have stopped by. Sounds like in just a few short weeks you have gone through a myriad of issues and what not. First and foremost I am just glad your health is good :thumb: and nice job on figuring out those plants. By the looks of them I don't know if I would have had your patience and probably would have cursed and chopped the lot of them.
So great find!

Keep up the great work buddy and RIP Kimba!

:peace: brotha!

Hey MS! Long time no see!

Thanks for checking in! I have not been able to get online as often lately, so sorry for the delay in my replies.

After checking out the GDP I am planning to seed with the PR male today I decided to go ahead and move them into the bathtub grow station and moved the Harlequin and other PR clone into my closet grow area to continue their flowering. The little male plant's pods have opened and the leaves are starting to get dusted with pollen now.

I will be posting a photo update here as soon as I finish replying to everyone who has posted since my last update.

Hope everything is going well with your grows! I need to get over to your journal and have a look. Just haven't had as much time to do anything online this week, but I hope to spend some time on here over the weekend.

Talk to ya soon!

Cheers! :)

Anxiously awaiting the results of this one! Grandaddy Purple x (Purple Urkle x White Rhino) sounds like an AWESOME CROSS! I'd be interested in seeing the GC analysis of it.

Hey Jandre!

Me too! Unfortunately, we will have to wait until next season to see what these crosses actually produce provided I actually get some seeds out of this little experiment.

Check out my latest photo update on that project coming up next! :thumb:

GDP/Purple Rhino Seeding Project Update!
It begins!

After taking a close look at the GDP clone I have chosen for the seed project, I decided to move it and the PR male into the bathtub grow area ahead of schedule. I also moved the small Harlequin and PR clones into my closet grow space to make room for the big plants in the tub.

Here are a few photos:

P1013018.JPG

Purple Rhino Male

P1013019.JPG

GDP Female Clone now fully revegged and ready for the 12/12

P1013020.JPG

Harlequin and PR clones moved to closet grow space

P1013021.JPG

Purple Rhino Male clone is really starting to drop the pollen now

P1013022.JPG
P1013026.JPG

Harlequin Clones

P1013024.JPG
P1013025.JPG

So there ya have the latest!

We shall see if the smaller clones manage to grow large enough buds to make use of the male's pollen. There definitely looks like there will be enough to go around! These little clones will kind of give us a preview of what to expect from the GDP and PR when they get going towards the end of next month.

Meanwhile, we will need to wait about 3-4 weeks before the larger plants start to show us some flowering activity. Should prove an interesting experiment.

I will try to post a full grow photo update next week so... Stay tuned!
:thanks:

MOST EXCELLENT! I can't wait to see this. That little male is sure making a mess of himself, though, huh? Wow, he's just getting it everywhere.

Hey Jandre!

That's for sure! :laughtwo:

I can only imagine what the big parent plant is going to put out when it gets to the same point in the cycle? I don't see how that GDP female will be able to avoid his charms once those little pods start a poppin! LOL!

Hopefully I will be able to get the tub area cleaned up and free of pollen when this is all done! Since I won't be overwintering anything this year except for two or three pepper plants, I figure that by the time I need to use the room again for Cannabis flowering, any residue from this experiment will be long gone.

BIG Full Grow Photo Update!

I had planned to post this update over the weekend, but I was having trouble getting decent photos of the plants on the back hill due to the high contrast between the sunlight and the shade back there. The following photos are still not ideal in terms of exposure, but this is the best I could come up with with our current light levels.

So... Here we go, starting with the plants on the back hill!

Harlequins!

These four plants have really put on the vertical growth over the last few weeks once I transplanted them into 5 and 3.5 gallon Air Pots. All four of them are well over 5 feet tall now and filling out nicely. I topped all of them a few weeks ago, and also topped all the secondary growing tips as well, so we should see a lot of bud sites when the time comes. I feed all of my outdoor plants with Fox Farm Grow Big once every two weeks. During this hottest time of the year, I water all of them one to two times per day depending on the high temp for any given day.

Number 1 and 2

P1013048.JPG

Number 1

P1013050.JPG

Number 2

P1013049.JPG

Number 3

P1013051.JPG

Number 4

P10130521.JPG

Purple Rhinos

P1013053.JPG
P1013058.JPG

GDP and Blue Cheese

All of the GDP clones have revegged nicely now, and have filled out well. I topped most of them a few weeks ago including the secondary branches which will give us many more bud sites when flowering time comes.

GDP #1
Purple Rhino on left

P1013043.JPG

GDP #2

P1013045.JPG

GDP #3

P1013044.JPG

GDP #4

P1013047.JPG

GDP 4's two main growing tips.

P1013054.JPG
P1013055.JPG

The Blue Cheese clones have been very problematic in terms of revegging. I ended up chopping all but three of them because they had still not responded to the CFLs I was running till 9:30PM the last 5 weeks. I stopped running those lights on Friday in order to allow the shortening daylight hours to begin to move everything towards their natural flowering cycle. Here are a couple of shots of #1 and #2. I forgot to get a shot of BC #3, but it looks about the same as #2.

Blue Cheese #1

P1013057.JPG

Blue Cheese #2

P10130561.JPG

So there ya have the latest updates! We should start seeing some signs of early flowering here in the next couple of weeks as the natural light levels begin to shift back towards shorter days and longer nights. I expect by the middle of August we should start seeing some early flowering activity on the growing tips.

I'll be back next weekend with another indoor update on the PR and GDP seed project as well as the smaller clones in the closet grow area. Those two small Harlequin females have gotten thoroughly dusted by the PR male's pollen, so I expect that we should have a good shot at getting some seeds out of those as well as the larger plants.

Until next time! :thanks:

amazing, can you stop doing updates like that, i know your just rubbing it in cuz i cant grow outdoors, ill just have to enjoy looking at your outdoor grow instead, i still got my guerila out door grow going, 1 plant died due to grass growing 3ft high around the plants, but 1 lived and had got yellow leaves, 2 hours of weeding later and its now in the sun, leaves have turned green and its growing again, i just hope it manages to grow where i am,
you sure have got some amazing looking plants

amazing, can you stop doing updates like that, i know your just rubbing it in cuz i cant grow outdoors, ill just have to enjoy looking at your outdoor grow instead, i still got my guerila out door grow going, 1 plant died due to grass growing 3ft high around the plants, but 1 lived and had got yellow leaves, 2 hours of weeding later and its now in the sun, leaves have turned green and its growing again, i just hope it manages to grow where i am,
you sure have got some amazing looking plants

LOL! :laughtwo:

Thanks Don Paul!

I find the best practice is to try to stay out of their way and do as little as possible other than a regular watering and feeding schedule. We have had some pretty intense heat up here this summer and the plants seem to really thrive under those conditions. Our tomatoes and peppers have been producing at a much higher rate than in previous years as a result.

I am very impressed with those Air Pots too! I used them for all the Cannabis this year as well as for all of our pepper plants and I see a very obvious difference in plant growth as well as their overall health. The Cocoblend soil also works as a nice compliment to those pots which with this heat allows the soil to dry out a bit between waterings which is always good for a healthy root ball.

I can't say enough about the advantages to growing outdoors in pots! You have all the benefits of a controlled soil environment as well as the natural sunlight, which of course produces much larger plants than most indoor growlights can.

Good luck with your outdoor plant! Only advice I can give for anyone growing outdoors would be to pick up some Air Pots and try using the same Cocoblend soil that I use. It has proven to be a very winning combination for me! :thumb:

Thanks again for checking in! :)

Back
Top Bottom