Got My Feet Wet Now It's Time To Dive In

Re: Got my feet wet now its time to dive in

so I landed in grand forks about 10:30 pm got to my truck and left straight for Devil's lake got there about 1am. woke up one of my freinds and soon we were having some smoke and beers. anyway I had to get back to G.F so we whent to the kmart there In devil's lake and got the stuff that I needed to complete my store. now its 4:00am and Im dog tired and buzzed up and should not have left to go back to gf but I did. 25 miles later I fell asleep at the wheel only to be rudely disturbed by big giant chinks of grass hitting my truck in the center divide of the highway. freaking out I made a right turn and whent flying across the road and into the aptly named Devil's Lake. after plowing through a hundred or so feet of cat tails and having one of the parts for the store go flying past my head and through the windshield I floated to a stop. it wasnt that deep of water up to the seats tho and it was stinky nasty slew water. so if you have never been to North Dakota its flat and you can see forever. having no cell phone I made my way back to the highway and began to walk back to devil's lake I saw a farm house in the distance and thought maybe I could use there phone to call AAA and get towed out. like I said man is that place flat. the sun was just starting to rise and it seemed the more I walked the further that farmhouse was away. when I finaly made to the road the house was on and had made my way about a 1/4mile or so down the road towards the farm a very large black labrador came out of nowhere and chased me back to the highway. well I thought tis sucks and made my way back to town happy not to get chewed up by the dog. there is a bird called a red winged blackbird and they nest in slews and other swampy areas. and along the way I must have got close to a nest. like some bad movie I was now being attacked by this pretty little bird relentlessly. man I was getting buzzed by a 4oz bird. the little bastard would swoop down on me and then land on one of those reflective markers on the side of the road till I got close again then it would attack me again. I was going nuts there were no cars on the highway as far as the eye can see just me and this rotten bird wich followed me for 4 miles. I know this because the bird would land on the mile markers and wait for me. be back break time:)

Oh! My God! What a tale of disaster! You can't stop now...I'm hooked! How did you ever get off that road with the evil bird?

I'm hooked...gotta know! Well, done fish cake!:ganjamon:

Oh! My God! What a tale of disaster! You can't stop now...I'm hooked! How did you ever get off that road with the evil bird?

I'm hooked...gotta know! Well, done fish cake!:ganjamon:
I think your being to kind so let me tell you anyway it just gets crazier:thanks:

so after while I found rocks stix old bottles anything I could throw at that godforesaken bird. almost hit it once:) so I rekon it got the message or it was sure that I was no longer a threat. so back to walking. I saw one car going the other way and that was it. I got close to town and a farmer passed me by. he turned around and gave me a ride the rest of the way to the hotel where my coworkers were I woke my buddy up and used the phone to call the auto club to get a tow. my freind got dressed and we whent to where my truck was. we waited about fifteen minutes and off in the distance I could see the yellow flashing lights of the towtruck. as I said before N.D is FLAT so you can see forever. when the driver got there he started going crazy. going "are you the driver? we have to call it off" I asked him what the hell are you talking about? just then like in north by north west a airplane swooped down and began to circle the area. the tow truck driver said that some one had spotted my truck as they passed by and had called emergency services. well this opened up a big can of worms. now off in the distance I could see red,blue and yellow lights, lots of them. the towtruck driver was franticlly on his radio to call it off! but it was to late. here they come 2 state troopers a fire truck with a boat intow ambulances and a reporter for the local paper. oh yeah the airplane that I swear straifed us. dam all I wanted was to get my truck yanked out of the slew. I geuss nothing happens there very often as now I have emptied half the town and two V.F.D.s when LEO got there they asked me if I was the driver and I said yes. the one trooper cuffed me and put me in the back of his car. then he proceeded to give me sh*t about how I could be arrested for numerous violations. so I told him everthing about the dog , the bird and how much that I realy did not like his attitude. sometimes my mind writes checks my body cant cash lol.anyway he opens the door of the cruiser and takes the cuffs off me so I can help the towtruck driver get my truck out. we get it up to the road and I whent back in the water to try and find the shelving for the store that I was hauling. while doing so the trooper was leering in my window and geuss what was floating around on the floor by the front seat. damnit I forgot the sack was under my seat GREAT! right? what else can go wrong? there were two full cans of beer floating too. as luck would have it there was also all kinds of cat tails and seaweed that came in wich hid my ruined stash. the trooper opened the door and the water poured out along with one of the beer cans. "have you been drinking sir" I told him that the beer had been in the truck for awhile to wich he is now giving me a soberiaty test. that I passed he then went and got the other can off the floor bitching at me the whole time about the evils of drinking and driving. never noticed the sack. so he sent the fire dept.and the paramedics home along with the other trooper. and proceeded to tell me how I should have called the police first and caused all these fine people to come to my rescue for no reason. and that they would rite a bill for all the rukous I have caused. after letting my truck drain for a few I tried to start it fired right up. yay! the trooper told me to drive down to the next emergancy turn around and come back to see if it was still drivable. I got in and the trooper is standing by the door all the time I could see the oz laying on the floor and him still bitching at me. so I put in gear and took off with him following me. man that bag was right there and I couldnt do anything about it. so we went down to the turn around he hit his lights and I stopped he wrote me a ticket for a broken winshied and told me to be carefull the whole time that sack was laying on the floor sent me on my way. I never looked back.well thats it. oh yeah dried the grass back outwhen I got back to grand forks aside from a nasty taste and a couple crawdads. alls well that ends well:peace:

lol damittttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you got off on that one,luck was on your side..:peace:
yes I did! just trying to fill space. you know how watching grass grow is:) if you want to read a great story go to Omm's journal, now thats a super read. he made me tell this one. what sucks is I am a 2 fingered typer, so a 5 minute read takes me a hour to tell lol.:) like I said before there will be more on the grow when something good or bad happens. hoped you enjoyed it:)

brilliant mate, now thats a story to tell, i hope you returned with a loaded gun and hunted that bird down,
LOL, hope your feeling better:)! funny that you mention it, everytime I see one it reminds me of how much that I wished I had a gun at the time. and for some reason I can pick that bird out faster the a freakin robin the squak the flash and for sure the places where they live. LOL has your toothache gave you any relief? I hope so:peace:

sounds like that bird is haunting you mate, you gota get reveng,.

you im getting their mate thanks for asking, it seems i had 3 absys's at the same time all in the same side of my mouth, 2 have gone and had me hea down a loo for todays, now i got this small one left, no tooth ache though so im hoping i can get the dentist soon as this swelling gone down, i dont look like the elephant man anymore and i didnt scare the kids when they seen me when they got back off holiday, so all been well i should be 100% or their about in a few days,

turned me into somewhat of a bird hunter lol. now I get so high I can take em out with a rake:) put a turkey on the grill the other day and stuck it with a knife. ( take that you bastard now Im gonna eat ya!):)

now thats more like it, who needs a gun when you got a pocket full of bud and a few rakes in the back of the truck, dinner is served

Oh! Man! fish cake! :high-five:

Now, that's a good story! In fact a hell of a good story. At he same time..I was thinking he's going to get busted and then some thing happed and you didn't. Not once, not twice, but over and over. I can't even imagine the stress you were under. Bet you aged a month in 3 days.

Thank You for the great story.....more please!:circle-of-love:

Oh! Man! fish cake! :high-five:

Now, that's a good story! In fact a hell of a good story. At he same time..I was thinking he's going to get busted and then some thing happed and you didn't. Not once, not twice, but over and over. I can't even imagine the stress you were under. Bet you aged a month in 3 days.

Thank You for the great story.....more please!:circle-of-love:
thank you OMM! after reading yours, that realy means something to me. and yes I was turnig grey faster the a2 week old slice of bread.:thanks:

OK I said baby pictures were boring but this is a grow journal so here are some pics first the ak48
DSC015233.JPG
DSC015213.JPG
and the critical sensi star
DSC015244.JPG
DSC015204.JPG
almost 4 weeks and groin slow, but groin none the less:cheer:the last pic was the ak too so just one pic of the css

Nice Brother! :thumb:

I think I saw my AK48 pushing up some soil tonight... I hope so..then we can compare! :cheer:
sweet hope she does start peeking at the sun:) when I turned the lights on this morning they both seemed to have almost doubled in size. must just be slow starters:cheer:

sweet hope she does start peeking at the sun:) when I turned the lights on this morning they both seemed to have almost doubled in size. must just be slow starters:cheer:

That's great. My girl is just starting to unfold her baby leaves. Cute little thing. :yummy:

That's great. My girl is just starting to unfold her baby leaves. Cute little thing. :yummy:
cool a new baby yay! now if queen gets her ak groin then I'll have something to actualy share:) its feeding day. I use worm castings in my soil mix so if I feed them with my FF big bloom wich has guano and castings in it ,do you think that would be overkill?:peace:

cool a new baby yay! now if queen gets her ak groin then I'll have something to actualy share:) its feeding day. I use worm castings in my soil mix so if I feed them with my FF big bloom wich has guano and castings in it ,do you think that would be overkill?:peace:

It may be....just watch them. If they yellow, just flush them. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom