Got My Feet Wet Now It's Time To Dive In

Re: Got my feet wet now its time to dive in

thank you both for checkin in:) yeah back to 18/6got the cfls shining and all is good so far:) sure to save a few bucks letting the big light go down and a bunch of heat. so groovy things are goin on the caramello has showed her leaves and the critcal has popped:) dont know why other then the law pfff that I worry about groin 3 plants like Im am trying to corner the market. but I geuss I am week cause I did not want go out of the boundries of said law. like in 50 years I have never done things I wasnt supposed too. as far as you know. other than that. not much more too say:) anyway how is all your grows doin? cant wait to see some pics Gig. your turn ya know. and paul we need some love from you too. thanks again:cheer:

oh yeah the gas light thing is a little to far advanced for me. just gonna stay with what I know and then go from there:high-five:

no probs mate, gona put some pics up tomorrow, the buds on my plants are really stretching now, some are about 2 inches in length which isnt massive but its got a long way to go, and having an indica and sativa side by side is amazing as i can see how different they are during the whole grow, so ill have some updated pics tomorrow all been well.

so you prefer using 18-6 during veg then, i tried a few different schedules and i settled on 20-4, i tried 24-0 but didnt notice that much of a difference in growth, but as far as i can tell the difference is small between all schedules, possibly glr makes them grow the most but ive not tried it on bigger plants, on new seedlings i found the 20-4 a better option that 24-0 and glr, but i didnt compare to 18-6, i know 18-6 is the best schedule for root growth, and the more roots the bigger the plant and yield, but any plant grown long enough will produce enough roots, so as far as i can say it really dont matter, im going to try glr for the whole grow when these are out the way, but for now im using cfl for veg under 20-4 and my hps for flower, if you can get the hps set up and the temps sorted for the flower stage then that would be the best option, but if it means the temps are still to high then id stay with cfls,

when my hps is on my plants are between 80 and 85f, but i have a 12v fan blowing over the top of the plants so this brings the temps down slightly, but if i leave my temp gauge somewhere that the fan is not moving the air then it goes up to the 90's f, so if i didnt have the 12v computer fan i would be struggling with heat, but when im in i leave the grow room door open, i run my lights from 12mid day to 12 midnight, so if im in i can have the grow room door open and this helps vent the heat.

one thing you could do is set it so the hps comes on when its night and is off during the heat of the day, you would need to make sure no light gets in though when the lights are off else they will go hermie on you, but a few growers run through the night as the temps are a lot cooler

the problem i found with cfls is that my plants didnt want to get taller they just bushed out loads

lmao wish i had that problem...mine seem to be the tallest autos ever to have existed! =D

i dont think its too much stretch either, when i open my grow cupboard it reminds me of the lights on scene from 'saving grace' ;)

Will post later today. its stupid oclock in the morning and i need to get ready for the school run, lol

so just a quick update. the caramello aint looking so good. but the critical and the ak48 are looking sweet all be it small. the ak has started her 3rd set of true leaves and the critical is on her second. still a little slow. but thats ok I know that once they take hold its gonna be a wild ride, giddy up go daddy giddy up go:) still dont see a reason to post pics yet. but when I do they will be good ones I hope:) and not the ones going whats wrong nock on wood:wood: any way still useing the hps as the temps I have got under control. so I will go from there and hope everyone else has as good bit of luck as so far Ive had:circle-of-love:

great for keeping the temps under control, the hps will give you bigger and fuller buds where as cfls give light fluffy buds, or so im told,

Wait a minute fish cake ! :ganjamon:

How did I miss this grow??? Right in front of my face all this time. Sorry, I'm late Buddy! :goodjob:
glad to have you along, WOW thats cool.gonna be a little boring to start untill I have some real growth to take pics for. :welcome:

Ok this ones for Old Man Med. so back in 99I was remodeling little Kmarts in to big Kmarts. anyway I was finnishing one in grand forks ND. had a few guys working for me that were from the same place i was and a few local carpenters too. the guys from my co.would fly home every 3 weeks. who ever whent home had to bring back 2ozs to split up with me and the others from home. weed in north dakota is weed yuk. so it was comming up to 4rth of july weekend and it was my turn to go home. and my turn to score for on the way back. be back wit more in a minute someone is at the door. stay tuned. back, so I scored got home had a great 4 days off, so it was time to go back to work had those ozs stashed in my underware. stems will rub you the wrong way. so my cheap boss got the flights for whatever was the lowest.this means I have to change flights 2 times. once in detroit and then again in st.paul minnasota and finaly grand forks. (now I know why old man med pauses as my arm hurts to type) so in the words of OMM to be continued sorry for the plagerism:high-five: ok where was I. thank god it wasnt 2011 anyway after making through the other airports sweating through each one and my nuts hurt. Imade it to grand forks cool rite? so when I got there I found out that I kneeded to go to another store to get some shelving parts to finnish my store. the store was in devils lake nd 90 miles away and so was some of the freinds that were jonesen. more in a bit

so I landed in grand forks about 10:30 pm got to my truck and left straight for Devil's lake got there about 1am. woke up one of my freinds and soon we were having some smoke and beers. anyway I had to get back to G.F so we whent to the kmart there In devil's lake and got the stuff that I needed to complete my store. now its 4:00am and Im dog tired and buzzed up and should not have left to go back to gf but I did. 25 miles later I fell asleep at the wheel only to be rudely disturbed by big giant chinks of grass hitting my truck in the center divide of the highway. freaking out I made a right turn and whent flying across the road and into the aptly named Devil's Lake. after plowing through a hundred or so feet of cat tails and having one of the parts for the store go flying past my head and through the windshield I floated to a stop. it wasnt that deep of water up to the seats tho and it was stinky nasty slew water. so if you have never been to North Dakota its flat and you can see forever. having no cell phone I made my way back to the highway and began to walk back to devil's lake I saw a farm house in the distance and thought maybe I could use there phone to call AAA and get towed out. like I said man is that place flat. the sun was just starting to rise and it seemed the more I walked the further that farmhouse was away. when I finaly made to the road the house was on and had made my way about a 1/4mile or so down the road towards the farm a very large black labrador came out of nowhere and chased me back to the highway. well I thought tis sucks and made my way back to town happy not to get chewed up by the dog. there is a bird called a red winged blackbird and they nest in slews and other swampy areas. and along the way I must have got close to a nest. like some bad movie I was now being attacked by this pretty little bird relentlessly. man I was getting buzzed by a 4oz bird. the little bastard would swoop down on me and then land on one of those reflective markers on the side of the road till I got close again then it would attack me again. I was going nuts there were no cars on the highway as far as the eye can see just me and this rotten bird wich followed me for 4 miles. I know this because the bird would land on the mile markers and wait for me. be back break time:)

I don't know how I missed your journal either but I am here. I will start from the beginning later. I am buzzed plus I am only wearing one contact atm...Don't ask..lol

I don't know how I missed your journal either but I am here. I will start from the beginning later. I am buzzed plus I am only wearing one contact atm...Don't ask..lol
it truely not much of a journal yet and omm talked me into my feeble atemped to tell a story it will probly be one of those you had to be there things.lol its alot better with my anamation. but I hope to have a good grow again just to make it worth looking at. and as far as our gig they said no later than monday.:):peace: and please queen stop it you make me think about so many 1 eyed jokes that I think I will explode LOL

hey Fish Cake, Any pics coming for us soon? :Namaste: hope alls going great!

yes sir havent realy posted pics as thet are just starting to get their groove on. the ak48 is or has been slow to start growing but she is doing just that and the critical is also small. but they both got their final home if you dont count the tupperware container or jars. as soon as i see pic material I will deffinatly post. stay tuned same bat time same bat channel:cheer:

im here too bro lol:peace:
howdy tobiherbe glad to have you along:) hope its not a waste of our time. first journal so we will see how they do. like I said before. you all know what babies look like so I will post pics when they look like something:welcome:

it truely not much of a journal yet and omm talked me into my feeble atemped to tell a story it will probly be one of those you had to be there things.lol its alot better with my anamation. but I hope to have a good grow again just to make it worth looking at. and as far as our gig they said no later than monday.:):peace: and please queen stop it you make me think about so many 1 eyed jokes that I think I will explode LOL

You're brave, I don't think I could tell a story like that though I have had some adventures in my younger years. That's cool as far as the gig goes but I have been checking. Had my hopes up for today but I got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. But don't know where it's starting destination was. I'll keep you posted. *innocently*, what I do? :biglaugh::angel::yikes:

You're brave, I don't think I could tell a story like that though I have had some adventures in my younger years. That's cool as far as the gig goes but I have been checking. Had my hopes up for today but I got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. But don't know where it's starting destination was. I'll keep you posted. *innocently*, what I do? :biglaugh::angel::yikes:

hey queen dont freak I goofed up and it whent out thursday:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom